What's new

Marvel Representation of Pakistanis.

@sainthood, i was thinking it was going to be more like egptian american /"muslim" adult comedy, but they are also making this into woke Muslim acceptance kind of a drama .

Last edited:
People were trading nordic children for their fair skin and different colour eyes and they fetched the highest price. This was way before the Raj.
The trend for fairness ironically is also in religion to an extent but I dither.

except for cringe stuff, I actually liked the episode from a pure entertainment pov
let's see how it goes but i enjoyed it
It really wasn’t as bad - there were annoying aspects but from a Marvel show perspective it was pretty good

@sainthood, i was think it was going to be more like egptian american /"muslim" adult comedy, but they are also making this into woke Muslim acceptance kind of a drama .

There has to be some inspiration for all the wokeness as well.

These cannot be just conjured up out of thin air - granted this isn’t a majority representation but if there are people in Pakistan whom Ive seen asking their kid to go pray while they prepare a cocktail for them then I am sure there is some truth to what is represented.

That doesn’t mean its the right representation since hollywood loves to nitpick narratives that suit their agenda. But there are actual elements that represent such ideals and still are part of the muslim society in western countries.

The trend for fairness ironically is also in religion to an extent but I dither.

It really wasn’t as bad - there were annoying aspects but from a Marvel show perspective it was pretty good

There has to be some inspiration for all the wokeness as well.

These cannot be just conjured up out of thin air - granted this isn’t a majority representation but if there are people in Pakistan whom Ive seen asking their kid to go pray while they prepare a cocktail for them then I am sure there is some truth to what is represented.

That doesn’t mean its the right representation since hollywood loves to nitpick narratives that suit their agenda. But there are actual elements that represent such ideals and still are part of the muslim society in western countries.
cant say about that but Ms.Marvel is made for younger and teen audience which is ok if it does not shovel gender neutrals to kids , if 18years it takes for a person to have rights of vote, marriage and drinking then kids cant decide their gender on their imagination , they are more then welcome to choose thier gender if they think its a main issue but only after 18 and not in kindergarden or early schools.

Ok i just started watching and it looks like fun teem show but what i notice is Indians taking this series as Indian then Pakistani. will tell me tomorrow and might change my opinion .

Last edited:
cant say about that but Ms.Marvel is made for younger and teen audience which is ok if it does not shovel gender neutrals to kids , if 18years it takes for a person to have rights of vote, marriage and drinking then kids cant decide their gender on their imagination , they are more then welcome to choose thier gender if they think its a main issue but only after 18 and not in kindergarden or early schools.

Ok i just started watching and it looks like fun teem show but what i notice is Indians taking this series as Indian then Pakistani. will tell me tomorrow and might change my opinion .
LGBTQ is a little beyond gender identity and more about woke political activism now.
No different to any other media led indoctrination - I used to joke that one day at school we were all boys and girls with the one off tween couple.. and then SRKs Mohabbatien came out and everyone suddenly was “in love”.

The same way, there was one Indian here or there in Hollywood TV shows ten years ago and now every show has to have an Indian or Muslim(preferably Hijabi girl) character. Same with LGBTQ - now every show has to have one.

That’s how they social engineer societies based on much more deeper priorities that go beyond offering “equality” or rights.

As for not enough Pakistani characters, That has to do with not too many Pakistanis being approved within some acting guild in Hollywood and because Indians are more entangled with Hollywood.

Before you complain about Marvel at least they tried with 'Pakistani'. Meantime our people can't even bother to try 'Pakistani' and instead hide behind such sterile synonyms as Desi, Apna, Asia, Indian etc.

So give them some credit - would you have been happy if Marvel just peddled this as 'Desi'?

Beautifully put. Pakistani's themselves have not pushed Pakistani identity or brand, and have expectations of others to do so.

i cringe when i hear oh kitna chitti goray hai iska maas.
i cringe even more when i see atta covered faces.

pia staff act like wild beast with Pakistani flight customers whether from overseas or not but if they see gora then they act like queens servants, very polite and a ss kissing.

Pakistani do suffer from inferiority complex at times, but will feel superior to bengalis and other ethnics.

View attachment 852313

writer- should have just put Pakistani but whatever

now ms marvel can cook 200 rotis in two minutes at the same time cook the curry, clean the plates.

@Indus Pakistan
Eastenders, indians actors representing insecure pakistanis lolz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom