What's new

Marvel Representation of Pakistanis.

I am guessing you never heard of Chaudary Nisar Ali Khan aka Pakistani Mr. Bean.

Anyway, even Imran Khan comes from Punjab. There are enough Khans who are also Punjabis.
Braah this nibba really did say that, so f ing stupid 🤣🤣🤣😭
Khan is literally the most Pakistani name in the world , it ain't ethnic, in all provinces we have people with that sir name

Air marshal Noor khan - awan
Hamayun khan, US army Capitan who died in Iraq war
Cwv89u0XAAQX16V.jpeg

The whole potohar, north Punjab is Khan , thier are Khans in Bangladesh for crying out loud
3fb19815f30fc3f40546eaf6d93502ba.jpg

Literally the dumbest take I have seen in a long long time 😭🤣

The only mistake the Marvel people made here is naming the Pakistani girl. A typical Pakistani person is compliant, pushover, suffering with mental slavery and

You forgot the most famous Pajeet Khan of Bihar where you come from
indistinguishable from their ethnic brethren across the wagah border, so a surname of Bajwa, Chohan, Sethi, Cheema, Gil, Roy, Ghuman, Bhatti and Chaudhary would have more more appropriate more so than Khan.
Keep those names with pride as that's our heritage
Don't need to hide it with Arab, turk, Persian names like y'all

Last edited:
First generation desis look very out of place in American productions with their over the top acting. The most cringe ever was Kunal Nayyar in Big Bang Theory. Kumail Nanjiani was more tolerable in Silicon Valley.

Salaam

Dude the whole movie is a caricature, it doesn't relate one bit to Pakistani American experience

I would rather have them make us terrorists than this shit lol

Chack dey fattey is a common Punjabi phrase, so not really an issue here though

I think the difference is the 'fattey' and 'phattay'.

The fattey is usually used by Indians and 'phattay' is used in Pakistan.

In kumails movie - I cringed
Ugly woman from the motherland - to some extent I guess but what's up with shitting on your own people, making them look bad and add the white savior complex

Just do a normal movie for once - from our perspective not caricatures for white people to laugh at
Won't sell.

The term chak day phattay as far as I remember is as Pakistani as any Sikh can claim. I use to hear it when I was growing up back in the days but its not used as frequently anymore. There is only one Punjabi with various dialects but its the joint heritage of both Punjab on either side of the border.

Also 15-20 years ago I read in the book that the origin of this term begin from Sikh era when they used to fight against the Muslim rulers of Mughal Empire in small groups... And use this term before they attack covertly but I could be wrong now as its been over a decade since I read the origin of it.

Chack dey fattey is a common Punjabi phrase, so not really an issue here though

Pakjabis in comments abroad and Pakistan saying Chak dey fattey isnt said in Pakistan Punjab.

This girl is actually an Ismaili..........U can find abt her in the Ismaili internet sources. She has Pakistani origion but born and raised in Canada.

BTW if u think thats weird look at this. She loves Pork.

BRO IN THE MOVIE THEY GONNA ADD THE CONCEPT OF JINNS.

Pakjabis in comments abroad and Pakistan saying Chak dey fattey isnt said in Pakistan Punjab.
Well than They're probably retarted or desperately trying to cherry pick cause it is a very common term

Yar ya hi to masla ha, ham dusra ko kya gai ga jab hamara hi log kutta ha.

Good majority are roasting it.

Pheminists talking about girl bossing and what not.

Well than They're probably retarted or desperately trying to cherry pick cause it is a very common term

This girl is actually an Ismaili..........U can find abt her in the Ismaili internet sources. She has Pakistani origion but born and raised in Canada.

BTW if u think thats weird look at this. She loves Pork.

- the pork thing is cringe, no one does that
- culture clash with going to party or crush - not cringe cause it's true
And the over the top Muslim things not in a normal way but more of a cariacture- cringe

If you're high school going Pakistani-american teen, it doesn't play that big a role in your life

Last edited:
Ugly woman from the motherland - to some extent I guess but what's up with shitting on your own people, making them look bad and add the white savior complex

If anyone has any ounce of self respect then they wouldn't say that. Hollywood is a white supremacist industry (kinda)

- the pork thing is cringe, no one does that
- culture clash with going to party or crush - not cringe cause it's true

They make a cariacture out of it though. No Pakistani mom goes like "vowww lots of haram gonna go on" like wtff

Remember when people would actually fight for representation 10 years ago...

First generation desis look very out of place in American productions with their over the top acting. The most cringe ever was Kunal Nayyar in Big Bang Theory. Kumail Nanjiani was more tolerable in Silicon Valley.

Yes because no one fits in lmao.

Oh this series is going to be so cringy, lots of evil backward Pakistani's , White Saviors etc all combine in one. I wish Marvel just keep Muslims/Pakistani/Arabs alone from their bias views, use Indian Super hero, they have Rajni kant and modi.

I hope no one goes and watches.

Is this buzzing around the Pakistani community?

Cannot relate man cause it is a common term - maybe it's a bit old schooled but to so it doesn't exist is SO wrong

Besides both @Zaki and @IbnAbdullah said how it exists in everyday vocabulary so not just me either, sorry to say but I believe these Twitter users are wrong

Braah this nibba really did say that, so f ing stupid 🤣🤣🤣😭
Khan is literally the most Pakistani name in the world , it ain't ethnic, in all provinces we have people with that sir name

Air marshal Noor khan - awan
Hamayun khan, US army Capitan who died in Iraq war
View attachment 852040

The whole potohar, north Punjab is Khan , thier are Khans in Bangladesh for crying out loud
View attachment 852041
Literally the dumbest take I have seen in a long long time 😭🤣

You forgot the most famous Pajeet Khan of Bihar where you come from

Keep those names with pride as that's our heritage
Don't need to hide it with Arab, turk, Persian names like y'all
Because Khan isn’t so much a caste as much as a title.

Cannot relate man cause it is a common term - maybe it's a bit old schooled but to so it doesn't exist is SO wrong

Besides both @Zaki and @IbnAbdullah said how it exists in everyday vocabulary so not just me either, sorry to say but I believe these Twitter users are wrong

Since a lot of people WHO LIVE IN PAKISTAN are saying that

Then it means that it is not said as much by people in Pakistan or it has caught on to East Punjabis.

If anyone has any ounce of self respect then they wouldn't say that. Hollywood is a white supremacist industry (kinda)

They make a cariacture out of it though. No Pakistani mom goes like "vowww lots of haram gonna go on" like wtff

Remember when people would actually fight for representation 10 years ago...

Yes because no one fits in lmao.

I hope no one goes and watches.

Is this buzzing around the Pakistani community?
Hate this with a passion - kumail is cringe king
Pakistani women are WAY more beautiful than this ugly rat - in all honesty the ones in Pakistan are more pretty than the one's in diaspora

Last edited:
When did Khans become Punbajis? If she was name Kamala Bajwa then I can understand the affinity and cultural appropriateness of the phrase. There is no difference between Bajwas on both sides of the border, other than fact that they are essential cogs in the Hindutva project under auspices of Pax Americana, they also share language, creed, culture and food. After all, they both eat aloo ghost and sarson ka saag..

The only mistake the Marvel people made here is naming the Pakistani girl. A typical Pakistani person is compliant, pushover, suffering with mental slavery and indistinguishable from their ethnic brethren across the wagah border, so a surname of Bajwa, Chohan, Sethi, Cheema, Gil, Roy, Ghuman, Bhatti and Chaudhary would have more more appropriate more so than Khan.

My man wtf bro this is about representation the names dont have to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom