What's new

MADE IN UAE

1664982290056.jpeg

Any news about? In final stage of develpment, mass produced? You know the cost of this loitering munition?
I think it is being produced since a while ago. Cost is likely below 50k in my opinion

Excerpt below is from interview with CEO

“Progress also appears good on the Shadow series of high-speed loitering munitions, with flight tests and operational tests finished and initial deliveries earmarked for 2022.”

I think it is being produced since a while ago. Cost is likely below 50k in my opinion

Excerpt below is from interview with CEO

“Progress also appears good on the Shadow series of high-speed loitering munitions, with flight tests and operational tests finished and initial deliveries earmarked for 2022.”
It would be interresting if UAE can get a Shahed-136 and reverse engineer because is more cheaper than Shadow. But still with the stealth configuration and its cost, it is a very cost effective weapon to use.

Halcon produces 122mm warhead now possibly a guided 122mm rocket in the future.

E511F4F6-A2C1-4DD7-94E8-0EDE92E02AD9.jpeg

It would be interresting if UAE can get a Shahed-136 and reverse engineer because is more cheaper than Shadow. But still with the stealth configuration and its cost, it is a very cost effective weapon to use.
I could be wrong about the cost it’s just an estimate tbh. But also Shadow has a much larger warhead of 50kg compared to Shahed-136 of 30kg.

Last edited:
The price of the engine only ranges from 30 to 50 thousand dollars. The price of Shahed is not less than 50 thousand dollars minimum. It is designed for fixed targets.

what is that two object under shadow wings on the left of the image?

@Ghostkiller
Forgot to mention, Shadow has superior guidance.

It has EO/IR with altimeter to stay below 20 meters and has man in the loop capability.

Shahed is good but is counterable with GPS spoofing but I still don’t believe 20k as the price they give it’s simply unrealistic and an estimate.

Shadow can also operate without GPS

what is that two object under shadow wings on the left of the image?
I’m not sure tbh, I’ve tried to find out for a while but never got clear pics.

@Ghostkiller
Forgot to mention, Shadow has superior guidance.

It has EO/IR with altimeter to stay below 20 meters and has man in the loop capability.

Shahed is good but is counterable with GPS spoofing but I still don’t believe 20k as the price they give it’s simply unrealistic and an estimate.

Shadow can also operate without GPS

I’m not sure tbh, I’ve tried to find out for a while but never got clear pics.
Any videos of the trials?

Something big is happening.

Any videos of the trials?
Unfortunately they seem reluctant to release testing videos I’m not sure why but probably for OPSEC reasons.

I think we will see significant development in the propulsion department by 2023…

Especially in turbojets and turbofans they have their engineers getting higher education in universities.

Unfortunately they seem reluctant to release testing videos I’m not sure why but probably for OPSEC reasons.

I think we will see significant development in the propulsion department by 2023…

Especially in turbojets and turbofans they have their engineers getting higher education in universities.
@Philip the Arab any idea about egyptian/emirati cooperation?

I heard that

I heard that Egypt and UAE will build two large electronic chips in Egypt. One is in Sinai and the other one in western of Egypt (not sure where exactly the locations, I may be wrong about it) . There would be like 8 factorie. So maybe we will export to UAE (Halcon EDGE) the electronic chips to build their systems

@Philip the Arab any idea about egyptian/emirati cooperation?
I don’t know any specifics honestly and many members here disagree with it anyway.

I don’t care about exports or cooperation really more about indigenous development for the UAE independently especially in missile technology.

Once they develop an air to air and ballistic missile they will have a full lineup that can help them achieve independence and not have to rely on inferior systems from America/EU/Russia.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom