What's new

MADE IN UAE

Imo also with the threat of Iranian conflict there will be a focus on ballistic missile defense (PAC-3 type missile) and drone defense by Halcon and others.

We will also see more drones soon, and newer missiles.

Don't forget THAAD..
THAAD is complicated tech only few countries can develop such technology. maybe after long term.

I think UAE should focus more on manufacturing local military radars like
*early warning radars

UAE signed TOT contract with thales on radars to be ready on mid 2023, good but not enough.

Tawazun Economic Council and Thales Emarat Technologies announce the development of a Radar Center of Excellence.​

Seems UAE will have a even larger satellite force hopefully.

@hamza gareeb

THAAD is complicated tech only few countries can develop such technology. maybe after long term.

I think UAE should focus more on manufacturing local military radars like
*early warning radars
THAAD will be hard, but PAC-3 is possible as it is much simpler.

It uses a radar seeker which is possible for Halcon to develop.

1658161602456.jpeg

Seems UAE will have a even larger satellite force hopefully.

@hamza gareeb

THAAD will be hard, but PAC-3 is possible as it is much simpler.

It uses a radar seeker which is possible for Halcon to develop.

View attachment 863014
I mentioned it as a defence system..although KSA got some ToT for it..

Think we will see a BVR or WVR air to air missile by the Dubai airshow or IDEX in 2023.

Halcon CEO said they would have demonstrated “air to air missiles” by 2025 so that would fit in the timeline.

Making a Meteor/AIM-120D class missile should be their focus and they should invest whatever amount into making one.

Ideally they would develop a AIM-9X/IRIS-T class missile as well but that isn’t as urgent as of now.

I mentioned it as a defence system..although KSA got some ToT for it..
To add more on to that, the Skyknight uses an advanced seeker that I think is actually a mini AESA. Scaling up to a larger seeker size shouldn’t be that much more difficult.

Patriot PAC-3 type missile is ideally what they should develop next.

1658782041425.jpeg

Last edited:
Think we will see a BVR or WVR air to air missile by the Dubai airshow or IDEX in 2023.

Halcon CEO said they would have demonstrated “air to air missiles” by 2025 so that would fit in the timeline.

Making a Meteor/AIM-120D class missile should be their focus and they should invest whatever amount into making one.

Ideally they would develop a AIM-9X/IRIS-T class missile as well but that isn’t as urgent as of now.

To add more on to that, the Skyknight uses an advanced seeker that I think is actually a mini AESA. Scaling up to a larger seeker size shouldn’t be that much more difficult.

Patriot PAC-3 type missile is ideally what they should develop next.

View attachment 865225
Looking forward so much. Plus Turkey just successfully tested their BVR missile GÖKDOĞAN in which Turkey can help UAE to develop it.

Looking forward so much. Plus Turkey just successfully tested their BVR missile GÖKDOĞAN in which Turkey can help UAE to develop it
They don’t need help tbh, the Marlin missile was already tested and able to be developed into a functional missile if given the funds. They have the engineers involved in the program working in the UAE.

They have the expertise required for a 100km range missile.

1659125218537.jpeg

The Denel Dynamics Marlin missile is at an advanced stage of development, with test flights of the 100 km range radar-guided
weapon having already been carried out.

They don’t need help tbh, the Marlin missile was already tested and able to be developed into a functional missile if given the funds. They have the engineers involved in the program working in the UAE.

They have the expertise required for a 100km range missile.

View attachment 866152

The Denel Dynamics Marlin missile is at an advanced stage of development, with test flights of the 100 km range radar-guided
weapon having already been carried out.

that's good news! i remember edge said by 2025 they will have AAM. and they also co working with Israel to develop ram jet AAM that we can compare it with French Meteor.

that's good news! i remember edge said by 2025 they will have AAM. and they also co working with Israel to develop ram jet AAM that we can compare it with French Meteor.
And also remember that the BVR missile can be converted to a surface to air missile so you can develop both at once.

The AMRAAM converted to a surface to air missile.

1659204254292.jpeg

Ramjet AAM is a good idea and possible with a lot of R&D.

1659204814051.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom