What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it somewhere on this forum only that Block II will have a Chinese Engine..

Lots of stuff is posted on this forum including the JF-17 being capable of slip space jumps..
Please be more specific when making broad claims the next time around.

Block-II has the Russian engine.. 100 Rd-93's have already been paid for and deliveries are ongoing.

Yeah! Just like India may have been a partner in the development of Rafale, or even Apache Block III. After all we will have to wait to find that out just like this case :rofl:

Both of the mentioned plateforms are already flying? what possible development could india do except spell out its requirement.

Lots of stuff is posted on this forum including the JF-17 being capable of slip space jumps..
Please be more specific when making broad claims the next time around.

Block-II has the Russian engine.. 100 Rd-93's have already been paid for and deliveries are ongoing.

my bad.. I should have mentioned IMO before what i wrote :)

Both of the mentioned plateforms are already flying? what possible development could india do except spell out its requirement.

Considering that spelling out the requirement has allowed Pakistan to jointly claim the development of JF 17, it should be good enough for INdia too ;)

But anyway, my point was more towards past partnership, since even this wonder missile is also flying and some Pakistanis are happily claiming Pakistani partnership in its development :D

Considering that spelling out the requirement has allowed Pakistan to jointly claim the development of JF 17, it should be good enough for INdia too ;)

But anyway, my point was more towards past partnership, since even this wonder missile is also flying and some Pakistanis are happily claiming Pakistani partnership in its development :D
Seems you are back on the home brew again......Pakistan was involved from onset, hence the designation JF-17 alas Joint Fighter-17.

8197287400_9c41c26a06_h.jpg

Seems you are back on the home brew again......Pakistan was involved from onset, hence the designation JF-17 alas Joint Fighter-17.

Isn't giving requirements generally the onset of every project? I dont deny that the plane was created basis PAF requirements..

Actually, what I did state was that the PAF would prefer a Chinese engine if it was good enough..
That's why I said as well that PAF would "prefer" Chinese engines, but it should be logical that they won't take them if they doesn't provide the necessary performance.

I am more inclined to think of the missile as the Chinese 3M-54(klub) based on its size and specifications.
The Klub missile flies subsonic till the last leg and then goes supersonic terminal...this missile may follow a similar flight path.Flying at lower mach numbers till it hits terminal engagement for the Mach 4 kinetic kill..

Exactly, that's what the reports that were posted so far stated as well, but then again...

...rather easy targets subsonic ASM's make for shipboard SAM's(unless they fly through waves and use evasive techniques that consume fuel and reduce range)...

...would fit for the most part of flightpath of this missile too. So besides putting the fighters into high risk, the probability to counter it in medium ranges can't be ruled out right?

AOA dont know.
max carry weight is 4600 kilo accounding to chinese display board in zhuhai air show.
but I dont think that the chinese display board about Jf 17 in zhuhai air show is the exact specification. the display board there are for chinese normal visiter. not for professionals.
for example: the rang for JF 17 they use ferry rang ( 转场航程) for J10 they use basic rang(基本航程).many confusing...
both jf17 and j10 dont have specification in englisch in zhuhai air show.

for exact specification. should better ask the pakistani pilot, they know more.
or pakistani display board in other airshow it better than our display board.

Thanks, I have the same feeling that the specs wasn't very accurate, but there are no official specs on AoA or wingloading from Pakistani sites, that's why I thought to give it a try, in case the airshow brought up some new info in this regard.

Isn't giving requirements generally the onset of every project? I dont deny that the plane was created basis PAF requirements..

That's the general practice but the difference here is the PAF itself was involved in the project, hence it wasn't made to order but rather created for self requirements. !!

some calculations here..
Warhead size same as many other specs is unknown,but probably 100-150 KG

Starting Mass 900 KG...
Say fuel on board is 400KG,then at maximum range mass on impact will be 500KG?
500KG X 1872m/s (@mach 5.5) = 875716961 Joules

The total kinetic energy on Impact converted into equivalent energy Released by TNT explosion come as 200 KG of Equivalent explosive energy on Impact without Warhead..

Now add Warhead to equation..

Total Explosive power 200KG + 150KG = 350KG

How much damage an Explosion of 350KG of Explosives can do to a ship or a ground target?

You see this is what 200 kg explosive can do when blown at some distance in a truck. What 350 kg will do once every thing is concentrated in few inches.

Terror strikes Karachi – The Express Tribune

Considering that spelling out the requirement has allowed Pakistan to jointly claim the development of JF 17, it should be good enough for INdia too ;):D

Gotcha! but there is a slight difference,when Pakistan "spelled" its requirements, Thunder was still on drawing board unlike Rafael and Appach which have been in air for some years. :)

And involved input from the PAF's aero engineerng cadre in rotations of 50 to a 100 engineers at a time n chengdu.
The PAF literally moved the blueprints of this machine into what it is today.. otherwise Chengdu was too busy with the J-10.

Make no mistake.. this is NOT a fighter designed by the Chinese for PAF specifications.
Its been led by a Chinese Team Lead with a combination of both CAE engineers and ones from CATIC. I personally know a few people who went to chengdu to work on aspects of this project such as wiring, structural etc.
The Chinese were overwhelmed with the J-10(and two other projects of which one is the J-20) during the early half of 2000.. and the JF-17 would have not yet been on the SPB phase had it not been for the manpower sent from CAE.

What most people have the impression of is that the JF-17 is just another F-7PG.. which is far from it. The Joint is there for a reason and not just a feel good moniker as it is for most projects in the sub-continent.
The FC-20 may suit that description better..since the PAF has only liaisons for that program and has no actual design involvement in it.

And involved input from the PAF's aero engineerng cadre in rotations of 50 to a 100 engineers at a time n chengdu.
The PAF literally moved the blueprints of this machine into what it is today.. otherwise Chengdu was too busy with the J-10.

Wasn't it Air Marshal (R) Shahid Lateef & his team responsible for de-linking the aircraft frame from the avionics & introducing the structural capacity in the frame they wanted to come up with to allow for subsequent upgrades ala-F-16 style ?

Wasn't it Air Marshal (R) Shahid Lateef & his team responsible for de-linking the aircraft frame from the avionics & introducing the structural capacity in the frame they wanted to come up with to allow for subsequent upgrades ala-F-16 style ?

that was a project decision..
many here would like to ridicule the JF-17 project as a Chinese led project for Pakistan.
what they do not infer, or care to infer since it suits their flag to be biased.. is that the JF-17 project is technically headed by the PAF with CATIC acting as a manufacturing partner.

that was a project decision..
many here would like to ridicule the JF-17 project as a Chinese led project for Pakistan.
what they do not infer, or care to infer since it suits their flag to be biased.. is that the JF-17 project is technically headed by the PAF with CATIC acting as a manufacturing partner.

Technically headed by pakistan; What does that exactly mean, if you could please explain in layman terms.
How much of the airframe design, airframe testing, control system validation, material testing is specified by PAF, if so does PAF have any experience in doing so in the field of design, testing and validation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom