What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that, but my question is that every missile requires "re-charge" / replacement of propellent and explosive after useful life, and as far as i know, Pakistan has been doping that quite successfully for quite some time, then why we couldn;t change the propellent in rocket booster of ejectin seats?

and moreimportantly,what is the situation now? Pakistan has been operating Martin Bakker seats for many decades now.

Like i said,i am only guessing what was the cause of non functional ejection seats.
Back then i was a regular visitor to Masroor base through the friend i mentioned,and had heard this from the pilots themselves.

But never had a chat about the cause....

Excuse my ignorance, but are there any consumable parts in ejection seats besides rocket boosters? I think, though I may be wrong that even the rocket boosters would have a life of atleast 2/3 years. Buut same is true for all missiles too, they all need to be re-charged after shelf life of propellent/explosive which I believe Pakistan has been doing for quite some time, then why were we not able to re-charge rocket boosters for ejection seats if that was the case?

Each propellant application is different.. The ones that go into an ejection seat have to be extremely precise in terms of burn time/acceleration and tolerance.. which Pakistan can not replicate without extreme difficultly and without knowing the exact parameters which were unavailable.

Each propellant application is different.. The ones that go into an ejection seat have to be extremely precise in terms of burn time/acceleration and tolerance.. which Pakistan can not replicate without extreme difficultly and without knowing the exact parameters which were unavailable.

Okay but what about some other things ? Surely we could have reverse engineered something...anything that went into the F-16 to reduce our dependency !

Do they differe from plane to plane? there were no sanctions on any other jet that we were operating at that time? don't want to sound stubborn but this looks such a trivial and basic thing.. I hope we do have some solution to this problem now..

I understand that, but my question is that every missile requires "re-charge" / replacement of propellent and explosive after useful life, and as far as i know, Pakistan has been doping that quite successfully for quite some time, then why we couldn;t change the propellent in rocket booster of ejectin seats?

and moreimportantly,what is the situation now? Pakistan has been operating Martin Bakker seats for many decades now.

Back then it was a 100% embargo,and no part was available no matter how small...

I can only hope things have improved for F-16 spares supply since then..but two things are for sure..Pakisan has proved ability to keep the F-16s flying due to the knowledge and skill of of their engineers and loyalty and devotion of 'contacts abroad',as the 'contacts' kept the flow of spares despite tough embargo from USA. The engineers due to their better knowledge maintained the planes obviously through much of 'jugaar'...
Many western organisations involved in use or maininance of F-16s were surprised at PAF's ability to keep F-16s operational under such tough circumstances..
All that knowledge of F-16 was later channelked into the JF-17 Projet...The chinese didnt have that knowledge the Pakistanus did.
It was necessary to make an 'F-16 like' Plane which the JF-17 is..
Without PAF's input,the project had never succeeded..
In international relation there is no free lunch and no selfless friend.
If the chinese made PAF partner in JF-17 project,it was because of the need of PAF's knowledge of F-16 to be integrated into the project..

I hope PAF is better equiped in this regard as keeping a plane operational in peace timway different then keeping it flying in a war/war like situation. and we shouldn't forget to thank our friends who helped during the embargo and supplied/helped secure essential parts.

I hope PAF is better equiped in this regard as keeping a plane operational in peace timway different then keeping it flying in a war/war like situation. and we shouldn't forget to thank our friends who helped during the embargo and supplied/helped secure essential parts.

Son thats one of the prime reasons why the JF-17 project was initiated !

WWw3G.jpg

@nabil_05 : Is that a J-11 in the center & one of our Mirrages out right & an F-7 on the left ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I hope you are at least 48 YO to call me a son.............:) btw here again we are dependant on Russia for engines.......... and it does not address part shortage in case of any future sanctions on F16's

Son thats one of the prime reasons why the JF-17 project was initiated !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom