What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

via imran khan at pdf

Ztsr0jT.jpg
BlOHg9w.jpg
Az1adfv.jpg
mQen1cL.jpg

d1f64f0c183fb78cb72a286832a646ee.jpg

As the caption of this picture suggests PAF is going to make 50 Block II for now and then what.
Move to Blk 3 ?

DAWN article in detail also mention that Block II will have a higher payload than Block I.

Since Block I payload is 4600kg.
Block II payload would be more like 5000kg

Block 2 jets come with air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, better weapon carriage and enhanced data link and electronic warfare capabilities.

Production of improved version of JF-17 aircraft launched - DAWN.COM

d1f64f0c183fb78cb72a286832a646ee.jpg

As the caption of this picture suggests PAF is going to make 50 Block II for now and then what.
Move to Blk 3 ?
Yes in 2016 production of BLOCK III will start it would be pretty much a new fighter jet

DAWN article in detail also mention that Block II will have a higher payload than Block I.

Block 2 jets come with air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, better weapon carriage and enhanced data link and electronic warfare capabilities.

Remember the 150% and 200% load tests that the JF-17 passed last year?

I think you both are confusing Carrying heavy weapons on hardpoints vis a vis an increased load capacity. The engine is same. The fuel carrying capacity is same, there is no chance of increased load capability.

What " load tests " or " increased load carrying " means is JF-17 hardpoints and wings were tested up to it's limit by carrying heavy payload to see designed hardpoint could carry the load up to it's limit for which it is designed.

For last past 3-4 years, we only seen PL-5 hanging on wingtips or drop tanks. With these tests it can carry more heavy weapons reaching it's limit to 4600 KG payload

Why is there a AH-1F Cobra at Kamra?
Thats because I heard yesterday on PTV talk show (don't remember the guest name but will find out) that we have started overhauling cobras as well.
And he also told that the americans were not helping us but we managed to do it our selves.

Why is there a AH-1F Cobra at Kamra?

The older Cobra's were outfitted with HUDs , rangefinders and other minor gizmo's at Kamra.. when someone finally had the idea that Kamra has been doing these things for a while.

JF-17 Thunder Mid Air Refueling Capability
1238717_572784146143543_1502149800_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom