What's new

Jayalalithaa congratulates Narendra Modi

Indian Jaat

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
CHENNAI: Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa congratulated Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi on his party's "magnificent victory" in the Lok Sabha elections. In a letter to Modi, a copy of which was released to the media, Jayalaltihaa wished him the best.

"I wish you and the government under your stewardship the very best and look forward to an era of meaningful cooperation between the government of India and Tamil Nadu," she said. AIADMK swept the general elections in the state, winning 37 out of 39 constituencies in the state.

On Friday, Jayalalithaa told reporters that her party would function as a responsible political party. "I wish the new government well, new Prime Minister well, and I hope the new government that will be formed at the Centre will be friendly towards Tamil Nadu," she said.

Asked whether the party would support the NDA-led new dispensation at the Centre, the AIADMK leader quipped: "The situation does not arise now." The stunning win of BJP and much more than the required mark of 272 seats had put an end to speculations in the last few days over the possibility of AIADMK joining the new BJP -led government.

Aaa Gayi Line Par :lol::lol:
Election results 2014: Jayalalithaa congratulates Narendra Modi - The Times of India

It seems like she is eyeing for opposition leader as she is not interested in joining NDA

Back
Top Bottom