What's new

Jayalalitha demands Tamil be made an official language in India

Yep, these are issues that Centre has purview over.

I have to give it to her though, she has bigger gonads than a lot of her male counterparts.

Winning 37 seats gives one much confidence to be fair.. She has complete hegemony

Winning 37 seats gives one much confidence to be fair.. She has complete hegemonyn

BJP has 282 seats, With Chandrababu's Naidu's TDP in Seemandhra it gives the BJP TDP combine 330+ seats.

AIADMK is a non-factor in national politics at this moment.

I think Jaya is playing to her home crowd.

I say it is Improving(Improved when comparing AP & Karnataka)

I have 2 BHK House in Hometown even though i receive 10000 per Toilet
I use that money for my personal purpose.

Please don't take that question as offensive. I was just curious :-)

Neglect of sanitation services has hit India really hard :(

If you are in India, you won't be surprised.

Because such news are of no worth, being an Indian I know it, only a Lankan can make a mountain out of a mole. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Being an insecure Indian makes you even less credible.. You fail to notice the sarcastic nature of my first post, We dont take TN seriously in any case.. But then sarcasm is lost on simpletons

BJP has 282 seats, With Chandrababu's Naidu's TDP in Seemandhra it gives the BJP TDP combine 330+ seats.

AIADMK is a non-factor in national politics at this moment.

I think Jaya is playing to her home crowd.

I know mate.. But she has massive influence wiz a wiz TN.. Thats what i meant

Please don't take that question as offensive. I was just curious
Neglect of sanitation services has hit India really hard

Tamilnadu Is one the state growing very fast in terms IT, manufaturing & infra

Current RBI chief Most Developed state ranking

TN ranking is third Most Developed state
TN ranking is First Most Developed Big state

GAINER-2_COL_eps_1597968g.jpg

Rajan panel ranks Odisha most backward State - The Hindu

@ all -

Tamil is a ''national language'', like several others. But only hindi and english are official languages of the union government.

Tamil is official language along with other language

Either JayLalitha is dumb or News maker is....

See 3rd from Bottom
Urdu,
Telugu
Tamil

scan0010.jpg

@ all -

Tamil is a ''national language'', like several others. But only hindi and english are official languages of the union government.

Tks for the clarification..

Tamil is official language along with other language
It is not, not for the union govt. Only for the state govt. It is however, a national language - as are 21 others. Only hindi and english are official languages for the union govt.

Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The official languages of the Union Government (not the entire country) are Hindi and English. According to the article 343 (1) of the Constitution of India, "The Official Language of the Union government shall be Hindi in Devanagari script."[23] The individual states can legislate their own official languages, depending on their linguistic demographics.

It is not, not for the union govt. Only for the state govt. It is however, a national language - as are 21 others. Only hindi and english are official languages for the union govt.

Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Official Languages (Use for Official Purpose of the Union)

RULES, 1976
(As Amended, 1987, 2007, 2011)

G.S.R 1052 - In exercise of the powers conferred by section 8, read with sub-section(4) of section 3 of the Official Languages Act, 1963 (19 of 1963), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely ;

1. Short title, extent and commencement -

(i) These rules may be called the Official Languages (Use for Official Purposes of the Union) Rules, 1976.

(ii) They shall extend to the whole of India, except the State of Tamilnadu.

(iii) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.

राजभाषा

The Official Languages (Use for Official Purpose of the Union)

RULES, 1976
(As Amended, 1987, 2007, 2011)

G.S.R 1052 - In exercise of the powers conferred by section 8, read with sub-section(4) of section 3 of the Official Languages Act, 1963 (19 of 1963), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely ;

1. Short title, extent and commencement -

(i) These rules may be called the Official Languages (Use for Official Purposes of the Union) Rules, 1976.

(ii) They shall extend to the whole of India, except the State of Tamilnadu.

(iii) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.

राजभाषा

Interesting.. Can you pls clarify.. Does it mean that Hindi and English are the official languages of India, bar TN or Tamil is only official in Tamil Nadu not rest of the union ?.. Tks

Interesting.. Can you pls clarify.. Does it mean that Hindi and English are the official languages of India, bar TN or Tamil is only official in Tamil Nadu not rest of the union ?.. Tks

Read the link at the bottom for more details

Read the link at the bottom for more details

Well it does'nt explain much than the use of Hindi in official matters of the union.. What i would like to know is the status of Tamil language, Because clearly your CM demands it's recognition of some sort and there seems to be a clear confusion about it's status

Well it does'nt explain much than the use of Hindi in official matters of the union.. What i would like to know is the status of Tamil language, Because clearly your CM demands it's recognition of some sort and there seems to be a clear confusion about it's status

Tamil is already approved as classical language by Indian goverment. so there is nothing more to demand on Tamil language front

Tamil is already approved as classical language by Indian goverment. so there is nothing more to demand on Tamil language front

Your CM does'nt seem to think so.. But yeah lets leave it at that

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom