What's new

Jayalalitha demands Tamil be made an official language in India

only 10-15% of people in india knows Tamil then how the hell the tamil can become official language in india?? that fat bitch is nuts...

Delusions of grandeur i assume.. It's also hilarious how some posters here go all defensive and scramble to find excuses.. I reiterate some posters, When the truth get exposed

because in ceylon and singapore they are sizeable percentage of Tamil speakers..in srilanka nearly 25% speaks Tamil(that includes Tamil speaking muslims like manlion)..same in singapore ....

Agreed apart from the poster you mentioned is not a Lankan muslim

i already quoted 4 sources all Indian.. I mean is Indian media that incompetent ? C'mon.. If it's not true why haven't JJ retracted anything ?
both express and hindu publication based in Tamilnadu...

both express and hindu publication based in Tamilnadu...

Yep so the excuses of North Indian media bias and misreporting just proves what it is.. Just hog wash

Delusions of grandeur i assume.. It's also hilarious how some posters here go all defensive and scramble to find excuses.. I reiterate some posters, When the truth get exposed

Hindi and English are the official languages used by central gov. different state govenments use there regional languages for offical purpose... in Kerala malayalam is also used for official purpose in addition to english... jayalalitha's demand is non-acceptable

no man it is not... do you ever see any one in central gov. reply/write letters in tamil??

thats wants TN CM demand is, when communicating with Tamilnadu

All regional languages are official language in India

Hindi and English are the official languages used by central gov. different state govenments use there regional languages for offical purpose... in Kerala malayalam is also used for official purpose in addition to english... jayalalitha's demand is non-acceptable

This is very well acceptable Under this law

राजभाषा

thats wants TN CM demand is, when communicating with Tamilnadu

url]

Clearly not.. TN is the only state that does not recognize Hindi.. You yourself highlighted this by posting the Indian constitution.. So they conduct all official business in Tamil and English.. So why would your CM demand something that is already in practice? Lame explanation.. Why is there a need to kid others?

Yep so the excuses of North Indian media bias and misreporting just proves what it is.. Just hog wash
i think she wants to make Tamil in central government papers/notifications of Tamilnadu( i think its in english and hindi )...i find no problem in that..
but making Tamil as an official language of India is not acceptable and will remain as her wet dream..

in the memo presented to Indian PM, the top 5 priorities were

I. WATER RESOURCES ISSUE

II. SRI LANKAN TAMIL ISSUE

III. FISHERIES SECTOR

(a) Protection of the Traditional Fishing Rights of Indian Fishermen in the Palk Bay and Ensuring their Safety and Security

(b) Retrieval of Katchatheevu and Restoration of Traditional Fishing Rights of Tamil Nadu Fishermen

IV. POWER SECTOR

V. SHORTFALL IN RELEASES OF GRANTS IN AID

XXII. TAMIL AS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE AND USE OF TAMIL IN THE HIGH COURT

The long pending demand of the people of Tamil Nadu is to make the ancient Tamil language an official language of India.
Tamil Nadu strongly urges the Government of India that all the languages included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution of India be declared as official languages of India.

There has been a long standing request of the people of Tamil Nadu regarding the language to be used in the High Court.

I request the Government of India to take up the matter again with the Hon’ble Supreme Court to enable the use of Tamil in the High Court of Madras

Last edited:
Is it ? Well Jayalalitha doesn't seem to know that.. Or she wants it to be the only official language.. See the multiple links i have provided in my last post
Check the Indian currency. That will clear it for you.

Check the Indian currency. That will clear it for you.

Refer to posts by more knowledgeable Indians on the subject on this thread and it will be more clear to you, not to me.. I already have a indept knowledge about it

Refer to posts by more knowledgeable Indians on the subject on this thread and it will be more clear to you, not to me.. I already have a indept knowledge about it
" it will be more clear to you"...I am clear its you who needs to get some more understanding.....You knowledge/depth of TN is very shallow....!

I think she wants Sri Lanka to make Tamil official language. In India it is already a classical language

It is not, not for the union govt. Only for the state govt. It is however, a national language - as are 21 others. Only hindi and english are official languages for the union govt.

Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which makes Sri Lanka to be the only country to make Tamil official state language. Shameless gits still say they are discriminated in Sri Lanka.

I think she wants Sri Lanka to make Tamil official language. In India it is already a classical language

Official Language.

18. 3[(1)] The Official Language of Sri Lanka shall be Sinhala.

4[(2) Tamil shall also be an official language.

(3) English shall be the link language.

The Constitution of Sri Lanka: Chapter IV - Language

Whoa!! Now this is a shit load of demands.. :lol:

Jayalalitha demands Tamil be made an official language in India

Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday took up a host of crucial issues relating to Tamil Nadu including declaration of Tamil as an official language with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his prompt and positive response on them.

Charging that Tamil Nadu was systematically ignored and discriminated by the previous UPA regime at the Centre, the Chief Minister told Modi that she was looking forward to that trend completely changing under his guidance.

The key issues the Chief Minister brought to the table include inter-State river water sharing, including the Cauvery and Mullaiperiyar, Sri Lankan Tamils, restoration of the traditional fishing rights of Tamil Nadu fishermen, harassment of TN fishermen by the Sri Lankan navy infrastructure and declaration of Tamil as an official language.

The 25-point memorandum which runs to 65 pages seeks the Centre’s help on some key issues concerning Tamil Nadu including moving a resolution in the UN calling for a probe into genocide of Tamils during the final phase of war in Sri Lanka, besides holding a referendum for a separate Tamil Eelam.

Jayalalithaa also urged the Centre to immediately nominate its representative from the Central Water Commission in the committee to supervise the raising of water level to 142 ft in the Mullaiperiyar dam.

“The supervisory committee should be in position before the onset of the South West Monsoon so that the order enabling Tamil Nadu to store water in the dam up to 142 feet can be implemented immediately,” the Chief Minister said in the memorandum presented to Modi.

Jayalalithaa also urged Modi to form the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee urgently for the implementation of the final order of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal.

She also stated that a special committee for interlinking of rivers should be activated.

Tamil is already one of the 17 official languages of India alongside Hindi and English.

Which world is this lady living in? :blink:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom