What's new

Jayalalitha demands Tamil be made an official language in India

She is just trying to get brownie points playing language. card. I think there should be no official language for courts and it should be based on where the high court is.

The results can always be put in english.

judges are super stupid people,so i don't expect this to happen anytime soon.

the only cases they are proactive are the rape cases,nothing else.
most corrupt part of indian democracy is judiciary,,u heard it

in the memo presented to Indian PM, the top 5 priorities were

I. WATER RESOURCES ISSUE

II. SRI LANKAN TAMIL ISSUE

III. FISHERIES SECTOR

(a) Protection of the Traditional Fishing Rights of Indian Fishermen in the Palk Bay and Ensuring their Safety and Security

(b) Retrieval of Katchatheevu and Restoration of Traditional Fishing Rights of Tamil Nadu Fishermen

IV. POWER SECTOR

V. SHORTFALL IN RELEASES OF GRANTS IN AID

XXII. TAMIL AS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE AND USE OF TAMIL IN THE HIGH COURT
The long pending demand of the people of Tamil Nadu is to make the ancient Tamil language an official language of India.
Tamil Nadu strongly urges the Government of India that all the languages included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution of India be declared as official languages of India.
There has been a long standing request of the people of Tamil Nadu regarding the language to be used in the High Court.

I request the Government of India to take up the matter again with the Hon’ble Supreme Court to enable the use of Tamil in the High Court of Madras[/quote]

@Tshering22 @he-man

That is her demand, that all languages be declared as official languages and enable use of Tamil in High Court in Madras.

That is her demand, that all languages be declared as official languages and enable use of Tamil in High Court in Madras.

I think she needs to focus on the acute water crisis in her state as well as the power generation and job creation issue in the state rather than using this regionalistic nonsense.

But she is just an opportunistic politician who showed her true colors in the swearing in ceremony. Why bother telling her?

precisely , but why are Lankan and Indian media sending wrong messages like she is asking for Tamil only ?

ha ha,but you tactically ignored the line "' long demand of making Tamil as official language of India''..
is it because you are a half TAMIL??
when it comes to their own ethnicity and language...no national interest,no hinduthwa..

ha ha,but you tactically ignored the line "' long demand of making Tamil as official language of India''..
is it because you are a half TAMIL??
when it comes to their own ethnicity and language...no national interest,no hinduthwa..

Aare nahi baba. This is her demand - All the languages included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution of India be declared as official languages of India, of course with a specific mention of Tamil.

Now if I really have to consider my identity, then I identify more with Marathis because I grew up in Mumbai. Also the nationalist streak crept into me because of Marathis. I can barely speak Tamil and I always linger in the twilight zone when there is conversation in my family in Tamil or when they are watching a Tamil movie.

I think she needs to focus on the acute water crisis in her state as well as the power generation and job creation issue in the state rather than using this regionalistic nonsense.

But she is just an opportunistic politician who showed her true colors in the swearing in ceremony. Why bother telling her?

Yeah, I did not like it when she did not show up for the swearing in ceremony. She was playing to the gallery.

judges are super stupid people,so i don't expect this to happen anytime soon.

the only cases they are proactive are the rape cases,nothing else.
most corrupt part of indian democracy is judiciary,,u heard it

Sir have u seen legal documentations ? it runs into pages, It will create nothing but confusion, Imagine translating all documentations into hindi. it is best to stick with one language , either keep hindi only or english only

As a former independent empire, ancient peoples of the ancient language, Tamil should have its rightful place.
Tamil than Hindi more representative of ancient India.:-)

As a former independent empire, ancient peoples of the ancient language, Tamil should have its rightful place.
Tamil than Hindi more representative of ancient India.:-)
it already has.

it already has.
However, the actual current situation from India, Tamil position seems to be far worse than Hindi.

The reasons for this phenomenon seems to have the government behavior.:pop:

However, the actual current situation from India, Tamil position seems to be far worse than Hindi.

The reasons for this phenomenon seems to have the government behavior.:pop:
why exactly it seems to you so? and what is the driving logic behind comparing language X with language Y ?

Dear sir, Before commenting on TN please read the 25 point report givven to Modi by Jaya..

She is already building two high capacity desalination plants to meet water needs till 2018..
She has requested for consignment of few more Desal plants in 25 point request.

Jaya and Karuna are bad, bad by TN politics standards but they will be considered messiahs in god forsaken states of INdia...

The 25 point repost is available in the hindu newspaper.. please read before giving your views on our Govt. priorities

Dear sir, Before commenting on TN please read the 25 point report givven to Modi by Jaya..

She is already building two high capacity desalination plants to meet water needs till 2018..
She has requested for consignment of few more Desal plants in 25 point request.

Jaya and Karuna are bad, bad by TN politics standards but they will be considered messiahs in god forsaken states of INdia...

The 25 point repost is available in the hindu newspaper.. please read before giving your views on our Govt. priorities

I've noticed that you have an axe to grind against North Indians. You are a racist

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom