What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

lucky you..hope u didn't have to strain your eyes much! :-)

can someone out there create a poll on the topic?

NFAK - My fav singer, I never got board hearing him no matter how many millions time i hear same song/qawali/gazal.

Not in a million years.........nusrat is simply better.
Start a poll and know ur answer,even indians will concede that much

Sorry, the record sales indicate differently. For the longest time I believed Lata Mangeshkar held the country together with just her voice. No matter what problem people had, they just forgot everything once her songs came on. She will remain the voice that made Bollywood songs the legend it became.

Sorry, the record sales indicate differently. For the longest time I believed Lata Mangeshkar held the country together with just her voice. No matter what problem people had, they just forgot everything once her songs came on. She will remain the voice that made Bollywood songs the legend it became.

If sales are any indication then honey singh is 1000 times better than lata mangeshkar,,,what weak logic:lol:

lucky you..hope u didn't have to strain your eyes much! :-)

can someone out there create a poll on the topic?

u have started the thread,,u can start poll too

Yes he is

The only indian legend who can come marginally close to nusrat in stage presence is jagjit singh..................

@Ravi Nair
@Star Wars
@Echo_419
@Chak Bamu
@Aeronaut
@Indrani

This is a loss for the whole mankind

I would put Jagjit Singh in league with Mehndi Hassan and Ghulam Ali.
JS is awesome.
Atleast Music is something where we Indo-Pakistanis get together lolz

I would put Jagjit Singh in league with Mehndi Hassan and Ghulam Ali.
JS is awesome.
Atleast Music is something where we Indo-Pakistanis get together lolz

In terms of voice and live presentation js is the best ghazal singer ever..............check out this

find me one ghazal singer even marginally close to this......................damn none attempted ghalib after he sang it.

Is Sushi better than Pau Bhaji?

Saying that this is trying to compare apples and oranges is an understatement.

No man..............sushi is better:lol:

That is what I mean.Lata ji is a film based singer.Her vocal qualities were limited and dedicated to film music.

Those Vocal qualities are what really mattered. if Vocal qualities qualified as droning in the nose or screaming, then Atif Aslam should be the greatest singer.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was a good Qawwal and composer, but trying to compare him to Lata is folly. If you want to compare anyone, try Noor Jehan and Lata. Or Fareed Ayaz Qawwal and Nusrat Fateh ali Khan..

No man..............sushi is better:lol:

Well we cant help upstart views now can we. as they say, Bandar kya jane?

Those Vocal qualities are what really mattered. if Vocal qualities qualified as droning in the nose or screaming, then Atif Aslam should be the greatest singer.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was a good Qawwal and composer, but trying to compare him to Lata is folly. If you want to compare anyone, try Noor Jehan and Lata. Or Fareed Ayaz Qawwal and Nusrat Fateh ali Khan..

Well we cant help upstart views now can we. as they say, Bandar kya jane?

Yes u don't seem to know adrak ka swad....:enjoy:

The question itself is wrong...

Both are legends in their own right...why even bother with such silly comparisons!
Let's not make this about India -Pak...art has no boundaries!

If sales are any indication then honey singh is 1000 times better than lata mangeshkar,,,what weak logic

No way. We are past Lata's era. That is why we have trash like Honey Singh. Lata has a career spanning 70 years, beat that.

No way. We are past Lata's era. That is why we have trash like Honey Singh. Lata has a career spanning 70 years, beat that.

No one needs to,,,,she was just a playback singer,what matters is live performance.
If u can sing on stage,then fine otherwise u are not good enough

Back
Top Bottom