What's new

Lata Mangeshkar Almost became a Pakistani

SAVE_20220207_084435.jpg

This little Punjabi guy

ghussa nahin....afsos hai....mulk barbaad kar diya saalon ney

That is a much better approach then ghussa and eternally better then hate. Ghussa can be controlled, and it's always fleeting, but hate eats you from the inside, I do hope you never reach that stage.

But Afsos, yes, I would be surprised if you didn't feel that way.
Let's hope for the best, and keep watch.

she would not have been as famous as she turned out to be in this case...

I can't say I agree, although I stopped listening to Indian songs in the 1990s, at the height of Kashmir killings, but she was a legend, she would have been famous even if she had left everything and gone to settle in some village in deepest Africa.
Class has a value of it's own, she was class personified. At least, with regards to her music.

I don't know about that, but if true, there are two main ways of looking at this.

1. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

2-
A. Over 99% of Indians hate Pakistan by default, they do not feel Indian unless they do.
B. You will find Indians who like Pakistanis in general, but hate Pakistan because of reason number one.
C. Third category is, they will like their friend, but hate Pakistanis in general and Pakistan in particular.
D. The last category hates everything about Pakistani, Pakistanis and Pakistan.

That's beg the question, why Pakistanis are hell bound to praise Indians and India!!
Lata for me never hold any attraction. Some may not like me saying it, but it is my opinion and liking of Music. For me Lata was flat and very artificial singer, I like soul, she had non.
So personally, I place all her songs , whatever thousands they may be, against one soulful song, and the soulful song would always be heavier than her decades of non-sense.

That's beg the question, why Pakistanis are hell bound to praise Indians and India!!
Lata for me never hold any attraction. Some may not like me saying it, but it is my opinion and liking of Music. For me Lata was flat and very artificial singer, I like soul, she had non.
So personally, I place all her songs , whatever thousands they may be, against one soulful song, and the soulful song would always be heavier than her decades of non-sense.
I can't argue with your personal taste but it never hurts to give credit where credit is due. To withhold credit when it is due is small-time.
Allah has blessed her with a fantastic singing voice just accept it as a blessing on one of his creation
Your criticism (flat and artificial) comes as across sore bitterness.

Bhai jaan, everyone has different tastes, you are perfectly right to hold that opinion. Everything is subjective right, people will have different tastes.

Please let's not confuse praising or recognising an individual with their nationality. It is important to understand the nuisances, otherwise we'll all be walking blind, that's never good.

There is nothing wrong with recognising the good aspects of India, and there is a lot of good over there, but the bad has become larger and getting bigger by the day. Please let us try and stay away from only recognising the bad because that amounts to hate, hate in the end only consumes yourself. I hope we can avoid that fate.

India is consumed by hate against each other within the country, and others in the region, look at them, they are literally getting eaten from the inside.

You are free to have your perspective, I would kindly request, please keep things in perspective.

View attachment 813730
This little Punjabi guy

I apologise for my ignorance, but I do not recognise the face.

I can't argue with your personal taste but it never hurts to give credit where credit is due. To withhold credit when it is due is small-time.
Allah has blessed her with a fantastic singing voice just accept it as a blessing on one of his creation

Liking for a voice, like all aesthetic values, including taste, smell, color, form etc. etc. is very subjective and personal. I am somewhat into this music business, for the last about 40 years. I know a few of music buffs, who, for some reason, didn't like singing of Lata, or Noor Jahan, or Asha; whereas I grade all of them extremely highly.

Mohammad Rafi

Bhai jaan, everyone has different tastes, you are perfectly right to hold that opinion. Everything is subjective right, people will have different tastes.

Please let's not confuse praising or recognising an individual with their nationality. It is important to understand the nuisances, otherwise we'll all be walking blind, that's never good.

There is nothing wrong with recognising the good aspects of India, and there is a lot of good over there, but the bad has become larger and getting bigger by the day. Please let us try and stay away from only recognising the bad because that amounts to hate, hate in the end only consumes yourself. I hope we can avoid that fate.

India is consumed by hate against each other within the country, and others in the region, look at them, they are literally getting eaten from the inside.

You are free to have your perspective, I would kindly request, please keep things in perspective.

I think that applies to Pakistanis and Indians. There is a lot of good things on both sides of the border. Most people think they are doing their country a service by criticising the other regardless of cause or merit.
Hate is a poison, it kills from the inside.
You cannot drink poison and expect your enemy to die.

Liking for a voice, like all aesthetic values, including taste, smell, color, form etc. etc. is very subjective and personal. I am somewhat into this music business, for the last about 40 years. I know a few of music buffs, who, for some reason, didn't like singing of Lata, or Noor Jahan, or Asha; whereas I grade all of them extremely highly.

Mohammad Rafi
He is Punjabi, well I never lol

Then I would say you committed a bigger crime, you didn't mention this beautiful soul

Ahmed_Rushdi_playback_singer_1954.jpg

I have not heard much, but from what I have, he was a true legend, who as usual we have forgotten, amongst the wider public.

Ahmed Rushdi

Last edited:
I think I acknowledged that fact in the opening line of my post.

Then I would say you committed a bigger crime, you didn't mention this beautiful soul

View attachment 813741

I have not heard much, but from what I have, he was a true legend, who as usual we have forgotten, among the wider public.

Ahmed Rushdi
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or whether you genuinely didn't know that Rafi Sahib was Punjabi.
His extended family is living in Lahore.

Last edited:

View attachment 813741

I have not heard much, but from what I have, he was a true legend, who as usual we have forgotten, among the wider public.

Ahmed Rushdi
Yes, another great singer.
I could mention many more great singers from that era.

Well, your comments are hilarious. Why would I be bitter from a person, I don't know personally, never meet her, never had any interaction, so why I would be bitter from her!!

My comments are based on my knowledge of music, I think I definitely do.
She was heartless and soulless singer. Every song of her was flat like hell. Open your ears and hear her again, you will understand.
Or better still listen to a song of her's and then listen to a song of Whitney, I am sure you will understand what I mean. Otherwise blame yourself mate.
Lata as a singer stands nowhere in the larger scheme of things, unless you are Indian or clueless and heartless Pakistani.

Playback singing is more or less a Bollywood peculiarity, though movies have far fewer or no songs now. For decades, this format resulted in on screen actors being more popular than singers, singers being more popular than music composers and music composers being more famous than lyricists. That is why you have Dev Anand hit songs, Shah Rukh hit songs etc as the first category filter.

Music, like film making, is teamwork and unfortunately we Indians have never recognized it as such. That is why we have no successful bands. Too much glorification of individual in all spheres of life.

I don't mean to belittle Lata ji. Her songs will always invoke a huge amount of nostalgia for me. But they will do so also because of the music and lyrics and not just the singing. Personally I found her voice too high pitched, not a natural voice for any actress of any generation. More natural sounding voices never got their due in Bollywood until the late 90s/early 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom