What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

Baba mehndi yaad agayee barday bhai ki, me the grooms bro and so many chicks

we danced and danced and danced. So much attention is showred on dulhas bhai :D

Look at these savages dancing at weddings, No wonder the British conquered them. They must have been all at weddings dancing. :coffee:

I still feels myself blown away by the songs of Lata Mangashker. Nusrat was the legend no doubt, but my vote is for Lata. Simply love her sweetest voice ever known...!!!:smitten::smitten::smitten:

Deshdrohi ! :D

agree with the latter, but disagree with the former. Every South Indian who had their childhood in the 1990's will agree with me he is not average.

Let's drop it before South secedes from India over this.

@he-man I am embarrassed to say this, but i can't remember a single great singer of carnatic music :unsure:
M.S.Subbalakshmi!...I have seen and heard her live..she was awesome.

My father was more than enough but now I have a wife who prefers modern songs.Alas,my collection of NFAK,Sain Zahoor,Abida,Ghulam Ali and others is left for my soul only.

old songs = :sleep: modern songs = :yay::yay:

old songs = :sleep: modern songs = :yay::yay:

Let me tell you another difference

Old songs/ high class singers/quality = You cant abuse or use abusive language for them even if you dont like them

while modern songs = you may like few but you can freely abuse the singers ;) if you dont like the songs/music

All those who are supporting latha are involved in love affair
All those supporting rfak are love broken
Remaining people sitting in border like me are good boys

For me yes two of my favorites tumhein dillagi bhool and yea jo halka halka saroor hai

I am a southie and I haven't listened to her!

I have dishonored myself.

so you are saying you hate Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath.

talking about sub continent that go aaa hhaha on the tunes of bansuri and tabla :P from west I like some of the old songs. you know from when I was a kid like 10 years old

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM I want you in my room - Venga boys:D tell me one god damn kid who didnt dance to that song :P

all qawwals are not famous neither revered nor excel in other genres. NFAK did

Qawwallis are an outgrowth of Classical RAAGS.

Nusrat clarified which Raag his qawalli followed before he sang it.

The outgrowth of Raags is why qawallis are Popular with non Muslim Indians.

I have read a book on NFAK,it was his biography.I dont know if it is true or not but it does describe about some 'spiritual' incidents NFAK was a part of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom