What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

talking about sub continent that go aaa hhaha on the tunes of bansuri and tabla :P from west I like some of the old songs. you know from when I was a kid like 10 years old

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM I want you in my room - Venga boys:D tell me one god damn kid who didnt dance to that song :P

dammit. I hate when you are right.

you win this round.

Let me tell you another difference

Old songs/ high class singers/quality = You cant abuse or use abusive language for them even if you dont like them

while modern songs = you may like few but you can freely abuse the singers ;) if you dont like the songs/music

But you know old songs didn't have good quality music. some of these fateh khan songs were sung to just 1 or 2 musical instruments! now that is greatness no modern singer could do that but not my cup of tea :D

I have read a book on NFAK,it was his biography.I dont know if it is true or not but it does describe about some 'spiritual' incidents NFAK was a part of.

Yes.

there is this fact that he was a "tootla" in his childhood and his father told him he can never sing. he can never become a singer. It was his spiritual side that helped him

Tumhein Dillagi was the first qawwali of NFAK I heard apart from one of the songs in dhadkan movie...

Tumhein Dillagi..My life changed after that.My fav would be ''Saanson ki maala pe simru main pi ka naam,apne mann ki main jaanu aur pi ke mann ki Ram''

It was originally a bhajan sung by Sharma Brothers.Nusrat saab adapted it into a qawwali...truly soulful!

I still feels myself blown away by the songs of Lata Mangashker. Nusrat was the legend no doubt, but my vote is for Lata. Simply love her sweetest voice ever known...!!!:smitten::smitten::smitten:

Some sanity finally.

Give me Lata any day. Be it devotional, patriotic, joyous, or romantic she mesmerizes unlike anyone else in the world. The punjabi nasal twang puts me off. The only song of NFA I loved was Tere bin nai lagda dil.

Some sanity finally.

Give me Lata any day. Be it devotional, patriotic, joyous, or romantic she mesmerizes unlike anyone else in the world. The punjabi nasal twang puts me off. The only song of NFA I loved was Tere bin nai lagda dil.

Salma Agha, Reshma were nasal. not NFAK,GhulamAli.

That's not fair.Painting all of them with the same brush.

I did say NFAK had a raspy admixture to his voice though he got screechy a lot. I like Ghulam Ali, the mellowness in his voice suits me.

Its like asking if Apple is better than Banana

Both are good fruit, depends what you want to eat

had enough of gymming shymming? :-)

Yup..........courtesy 2 beautiful girls who have joined my gym of late:woot:

Its like asking if Apple is better than Banana

Both are good fruit, depends what you want to eat

No,,,,choose one fruit or please leave the forum:lol:

Some sanity finally.

Not in a million years.........nusrat is simply better.
Start a poll and know ur answer,even indians will concede that much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom