What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

Lata had sung more than 20000 songs in more than 30 languages, which shows her versatility. nusrat saheb was great but not that versatile.

Lata had sung more than 20000 songs in more than 30 languages, which shows her versatility. nusrat saheb was great but not that versatile.

As i said earlier listen to both first,,,,forget these stupid numbers which mean nothing.

As i said earlier listen to both first,,,,forget these stupid numbers which mean nothing.

this numbers speak volumes about her range and popularity. she ruled the indian heart for more than 50 years. no mean achievement

Sorry, the record sales indicate differently. For the longest time I believed Lata Mangeshkar held the country together with just her voice. No matter what problem people had, they just forgot everything once her songs came on. She will remain the voice that made Bollywood songs the legend it became.

Yeah...Bollywood songs! That's it.

this numbers speak volumes about her range and popularity. she ruled the indian heart for more than 50 years. no mean achievement
Man bollywood songs are no benchmark............most are uber trash anyways

I request all members to listen to first 20 minutes of this to see what singing really is...............its live btw

Man bollywood songs are no benchmark............most are uber trash anyways

you forget about the golden era of bollywood.. today we may have trash, but in past we thrived because of this wonderful music we have created.

you forget about the golden era of bollywood.. today we may have trash, but in past we thrived because of this wonderful music we have created.

Nope it was trash too............most of the music was copied from western bands.
Only live singing can tell u how much good a singer really is.

The major drawback of lata is that she is nowhere near nusrat technically

Nope it was trash too............most of the music was copied from western bands.
Only live singing can tell u how much good a singer really is.

The major drawback of lata is that she is nowhere near nusrat technically

no, you have been misled or you have a really bad taste as far as music is concerned. we have authentic music at that time that is why we survived and now a multi billion dollar industry. you can't survive by selling trash for so long. what we have created will serve us for next 50 years more. as i said earlier no one can beat lata when it comes to versatility. she had sung in more than 30 languages with such a great success. your arguments are flawed.

no, you have been misled or you have a really bad taste as far as music is concerned. we have authentic music at that time that is why we survived and now a multi billion dollar industry. you can't survive by selling trash for so long. what we have created will serve us for next 50 years more. as i said earlier no one can beat lata when it comes to versatility. she had sung in more than 30 languages with such a great success. your arguments are flawed.

Really??
Do u know what west was doing in 70's and 80's with pink floyd,iron maiden ,guns and roses,metallica,dire straits etc.
We were no where near that level,,,,just stupid bollywood music with nil instrumentation.

Post me the best song from the golden generation as u so claim,,,then i will post what west had to offer at the time.
U will feel ashamed.

Lyrics were good,,nothing else

Really??
Do u know what west was doing in 70's and 80's with pink floyd,iron maiden ,guns and roses,metallica,dire straits etc.
We were no where near that level,,,,just stupid bollywood music with nil instrumentation.

Post me the best song from the golden generation as u so claim,,,then i will post what west had to offer at the time.
U will feel ashamed.

Lyrics were good,,nothing else

are you from west ? we have our own culture which is so rich that west could only imagine. there are thousands of songs which are amazing. i can't post them all.

our music was smoothing and great that one can get lost. i don't think you have even faintest of idea what I'm talking about.

are you from west ? we have our own culture which is so rich that west could only imagine. there are thousands of songs which are amazing. i can't post them all.

our music was smoothing and great that one can get lost. i don't think you have even faintest of idea what I'm talking about.

Does it look i am from west??
:lol::lol::lol:

U got to listen to other stuff to make an informed decision dude...............looks like u haven't done so:coffee:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom