What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Vietnam US allies had air superiority
Iraq US allies had air superiority

Again your logic is flawed.

And if the CM can already hit all vital targets by itself, why would you need a bomber to carry it half the distance?

For example let’s say Iran wants to hit a target in Israel. It can launch from Syria, Iraq, Western Iran. Why would it need to have a bomber carry it From Iran and launch it over Syria airspace?

Not to mention as soon as the bomber is in the air all of your enemies air defense systems go on high alert and you lose the element of surprise that is vital for a CM.

So then Israel will just launch F-35 or F-18’s and go through Syria airspace and chase the bomber and bring it down.

With an aging airforce, Iran cannot defend a bomber.
bro something like this would provide iran the element of suprise. obviously in wartime saudis or israelis expect an attack from iran's direction, what they don't see is comming is an attack from indian ocean or mediterranean sea just like iraqis didn't saw it because they didn't expect that. with strategic bomber we can put together an advanced attack planning our CMs can move in complex routes and confuse enemy ADs. also you forgot about the diego garcia the unsinkable aircraft carrier that would be in our range with this.
bro look i am not tying to bring up something wunderweapon like u said before. i am just saying it's a feasible way to get an heavy bobmer for a country like iran cause we have all the things we need right now we just have to modify the old 747 bodies.

bro something like this would provide iran the element of suprise. obviously in wartime saudis or israelis expect an attack from iran's direction, what they don't see is comming is an attack from indian ocean or mediterranean sea just like iraqis didn't saw it because they didn't expect that. with strategic bomber we can put together an advanced attack planning our CMs can move in complex routes and confuse enemy ADs. also you forgot about the diego garcia the unsinkable aircraft carrier that would be in our range with this.
bro look i am not tying to bring up something wunderweapon like u said before. i am just saying it's a feasible way to get an heavy bobmer for a country like iran cause we have all the things we need right now we just have to modify the old 747 bodies.

My friend I don’t think you understand what I am saying.

Have you heard of flight tracker? You can track military and civilian flights flying out of any country. Civilians have been tracking Iran flights (weapon transfers) from Tehran to Damascus airport. So if a civilian can do that, what do you think a military intelligence system can do?

There would be ZERO element of surprise. As soon as the plane took off anything bearing a 747 radar signature coming out of Iran and not carrying a call sign demonstrating civilian flight (iran air, Mahan, etc) would be tracked by CENTCOM and Israeli intelligence.

The location of these bombers will always be known wether on the ground or in the air. Thus they are a flying coffin. This is not even close to wunderweapon.

Iran has early warning radars (OTH radar) as well, it can see what takes off from Israel military airports. So it goes both ways, which is why an israeli airstrike on Iran was implausible. Iran would have hours noticed of squadrons fighters flying out of Israel.

My friend I don’t think you understand what I am saying.

Have you heard of flight tracker? You can track military and civilian flights flying out of any country. Civilians have been tracking Iran flights (weapon transfers) from Tehran to Damascus airport. So if a civilian can do that, what do you think a military intelligence system can do?

There would be ZERO element of surprise. As soon as the plane took off anything bearing a 747 radar signature coming out of Iran and not carrying a call sign demonstrating civilian flight (iran air, Mahan, etc) would be tracked by CENTCOM and Israeli intelligence.

The location of these bombers will always be known wether on the ground or in the air. Thus they are a flying coffin. This is not even close to wunderweapon.

Iran has early warning radars (OTH radar) as well, it can see what takes off from Israel military airports. So it goes both ways, which is why an israeli airstrike on Iran was implausible. Iran would have hours noticed of squadrons fighters flying out of Israel.

But I think @Mithridates's point is, the bombers can quickly fly from Iran into the Indian Ocean, launch the cruise missiles from there, and the run back to Iranian air space under the protection air defense system. Keep in mind they'll take into account the distance they need to travel on the Indian Ocean before they're out of range from the protection of the Iranian air defense system.

I also think people are ignoring the fact that the mini-submarines that Iran was building would be the main carriers of these cruise missiles, and will be launched under the Red Sea & Indian Ocean. In my view, these mini-subs are more potent than the bombers.

What I don't know is if air defense systems, including communication jamming, can be uploaded onto these submarines. Because if they do, they add much needed protection for these bombers.

Last edited:
Is the specs about Iranian F-14AM below true?
"Glorious F-14A which has a kill ratio of (159-1)in Iranian service during Iran-Iraq war , has now been upgraded to F-14AM standard which will incorporate :

1- Digital radar : The beast AWG-9 radar with its 300km range has several weak-points which limits it's range and detection . one of them is it's old and weak CPUs . reportedly the cores in Playstation 2 is several times more capable of those in AWG-9 . according to estimations , if AWG-9 components are upgraded to a fully digital ones with more capable CPUs , its maximum range can exceed 600 KMs !!! holy cow i'd say !!
Iranian upgrades , integrates a new Iranian indigenous upgrade which is consisted on a digital AWG-9 with new state-of-the-art CPUs which maximises it's capabilities to track foreign aircraft and gives it A-G capabilities : to look down and track objects on the ground - a feature that has been traditionally unavailable in F-14A .

They say the radar is now almost similar to AN/APG-71 of F-15E Strike Eagle (here !): since this radar features the exact same upgrades on AWG-9
2-APUs : Auxillary power unites are used to increase Combat-readiness . basically your fighters are ready and their radars are warmed up all the time .

3- New Fire-control system : Giving F-14AM the capability to Carry Iranian Weapons as well :

Fakour missile : Upgraded Phoenix missile (NATO codename AIM-54A+ ) with a range of+300 km . it's range is higher than original phoenix but details are un-known .
Engines (TF-30) are currently in the process of reverse-engineering . all of them are over-hauled and combat-ready as we speak .
Maghsoud missile : ALL-NEW Iranian AWACS killer with a range of 500kms . currently in last stages of development

www.isna.ir...

4- Overhaul and Airframe refurbishment : Since these birds are received during 70s and have been used in a long war , the airframes could have micro fractures not visible to un-armed eye . X-ray is used to find those fractures and repair is performed .

the "Stall" problem in F-14 which were witness during High-G maneuvers is no longer the case"

I

Fakour missile : Upgraded Phoenix missile (NATO codename AIM-54A+ ) with a range of+300 km . it's range is higher than original phoenix but details are un-known .

Fakour has a range of 150km not 300km. There is also other statements in the posts that are wrong. Thus take what you're reading with a bucket of salt.

Fakour has a range of 150km not 300km. There is also other statements in the posts that are wrong. Thus take what you're reading with a bucket of salt.
Well this information about 160km range of Fakour 90 is most likely not corect,it is clearly stated many times that Fakour 90 has reduced weight,it has greater speed and 15% increased range ..so it is not likely that information about 160km range is corect.Considering today's technology this can probably be boosted even further,it ...So it is more likely Fakour range is 220-230km even this range would be posible only on F-14...considering information that new radar on F-4 has range around 180km in search mode and up to 120km in engagement mode it mean(if it is corect information)that Fakour 90 on modernized F-4 would have max. range of 160-170km..(max. engagement range of radar + active radar range on Fakour 90).But fakour on F-14 could go up to max. range without any problems.
So,I would say,most likely some news oulet from iran wrongly reported 160km range or this range was in perspective of new radars Iran developed for F-4 and Kowsar..as i said,many time it is stated by Iranian military officials that Fakour 90 max range,speed and other perfoanse is boosted in comparation with AIM-54 and even clearly give estimation of 15% greater range...160km range only makes sense if considered in combination with radars on F-4 and kowsar aircrafts since these radars also can be used with Fakour 90,F-4 has long range anti-ship capability thanks to this modernization and if i remeber corectly it goeas up to 160km(120km radar engagement range+missile terminal guidance range)...even should be mentioned that,even without upgrade F-4 have anti-ship capability but not such long range...at least not independently.now,I'm expecting very soon we will seen one more air to air missile from Iran,something in direction of PL-12/R-77 or maybe even something developed on AIM-7 design but with far greater range ...they need one missile for short to medium ranges for Bavar and also one missile like PL-12/R-77 (as I said it,may not be same design...may even follow aim-7 design)and I'm expecting to see something very soon....

well as i know fakour has better survivability against ECM as the test pilot stated to one of IRIAF pilots that i shared some of his instagram posts here before. also fakour has the lock on jammer mode (he didn't mentioned that, but i concluded from his statements). also he said the fakour has no escape zone of 95 KM farther that that the missile is not a danger for maneuverable targets and solely get use to target AEWACs and tankers. also he said that fakour has the top attack mode like phoenix missile and it's almost impossible to out maneuver it. also he said it's an urban legend that u can load a phoenix on f-4 and atleast now it's impossible. and it's seeker and avionics are different of the ones in phoenix, it's terminal phase has a range of 15 km versus 10 km of the older phoenix and more importantly it uses an AESA radar.

First Phoenix has 22km active seeker range and second F-4 new pulse dopler radar can lunch and guide any active radar guided missile including Fakour 90 and how you think it can guide anti ship missile?It seems you confuse many things and from your post I can see you actually didn't even understand what capability new radar on F-4 and kowsar bring..from screenshots of F-4 MFD and weapons managment compunter we can see what capabilities radar has by observing radar modes...you can't load Fakour or phoenix on original F-4 radar but on upgraded F-4 and kowsar you can, because those are multi-purpose pulse dopler radars with TWS and RWS capability..same capability which allows AWG9 to lock on and engage multiple targets....again how you think it can lunch anti ship missile with 160km range which by the way is also active radar guided in terminal phase with mid curse update.....again phoenix active radar seeker has 22 km range ,you can see that in phoenix documentation and you can actually see new iranian active radar seeker here posted...it has daclered 50km range,swo why would they use one with 15km range which is lower than original...once you have digitalized components there is nothing you can't integrate,that is why these radars are multi-purpose radars,on upgraded F-4 weapons mangment computer you can see switch for a-a(air to air ),a-s(air to sea),a-g(air to ground),jamming/ew and on MFD you can see TWS(track while scan),RWS(range while scan),CW(continous wave,VS(velocity search),ground mapping..and don't remeber what else..I have made complete analysis based on these images since many things can be learned from upgraded f-4 cocpit

Last edited:
It is intersting that both aircrafts f-14 and aircraft from which video is recorded(probably second f-14) are performing kulbit manuever(loop) but you have to observe backround to actually see since other aircraft is following same path

Last edited:
First Phoenix has 22km active seeker range and second F-4 new pulse dopler radar can lunch and guide any active radar guided missile including Fakour 90 and how you think it can guide anti ship missile?It seems you confuse many things and from your post I can see you actually didn't even understand what capability new radar on F-4 and kowsar bring..from screenshots of F-4 MFD and weapons managment compunter we can see what capabilities radar has by observing radar modes...you can't load Fakour or phoenix on original F-4 radar but on upgraded F-4 and kowsar you can, because those are multi-purpose pulse dopler radars with TWS and RWS capability..same capability which allows AWG9 to lock on and engage multiple targets....again how you think it can lunch anti ship missile with 160km range which by the way is also active radar guided in terminal phase with mid curse update.....again phoenix active radar seeker has 22 km range ,you can see that in phoenix documentation and you can actually see new iranian active radar seeker here posted...it has daclered 50km range,swo why would they use one with 15km range which is lower than original...once you have digitalized components there is nothing you can't integrate,that is why these radars are multi-purpose radars,on upgraded F-4 weapons mangment computer you can see switch for a-a(air to air ),a-s(air to sea),a-g(air to ground),jamming/ew and on MFD you can see TWS(track while scan),RWS(range while scan),CW(continous wave,VS(velocity search),ground mapping..and don't remeber what else..I have made complete analysis based on these images since many things can be learned from upgraded f-4 cocpit
you have a point. i didn't know anything of f-4 upgrades.
thank you for informing me:tup::tup:

you have a point. i didn't know anything of f-4 upgrades.
thank you for informing me:tup::tup:
I coudn't post images of F-4 cocpit and new radar since I'm not home ,by tonight I will post ,I have it on PC.From these images and Kowsar also, we can assume at least main features.

5_850611_L600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom