What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

[QUOTE = "TheImmortal, post: 11171002, member: 183490"] Non sarei sorpreso se l'Iran al momento non è successo costruire un intero F-5.

L'OWJ non è stato presentato in serie e non è una linea di produzione. [/ CITAZIONE]
I Wouldnt be surprised if Iran currently cannot build an entire F-5.

The OWJ has not been shown mass produced and every F-5 variant has been produced in very limited numbers, which points to not having a true mass production line and supply chain available.

why do they have to show them?
maybe the other countries show every supply line to make their fighter planes!
there are always, in every nation, the limits in showing places, workshops or research centers, as they are considered places where only a few eyes must enter.
We can only make suppositions viewing the leaked images, from what they showed us, in that assembly workshop there were 7 "Kowsar" fuselages in different stages of preparation and in the vicinity the structural elements ready for assembly, and I think that are not a low number, indeed.
Only time will show us if it will be only those 7, or the number will increase exponentially.
2125728_original.jpg

[QUOTE = "TheImmortal, post: 11171002, member: 183490"] Non sarei sorpreso se l'Iran al momento non è successo costruire un intero F-5.

L'OWJ non è stato presentato in serie e non è una linea di produzione. [/ CITAZIONE]

why do they have to show them?
maybe the other countries show every supply line to make their fighter planes!
there are always, in every nation, the limits in showing places, workshops or research centers, as they are considered places where only a few eyes must enter.
We can only make suppositions viewing the leaked images, from what they showed us, in that assembly workshop there were 7 "Kowsar" fuselages in different stages of preparation and in the vicinity the structural elements ready for assembly, and I think that are not a low number, indeed.
Only time will show us if it will be only those 7, or the number will increase exponentially.
2125728_original.jpg

What will define how many Kosar jets Iran will be able to produce is not based on what you see here because this is nothing but relatively low end assembly line with a few assembly tools that are relatively easy to build in a relatively simple hanger
But what will define how many of these aircrafts Iran will be able to produce is what goes on before the part get here and how much infrastructure Iran has to build each part, section, system and subsystem because if you had those parts you could easily expend assembly exponentially by training personal on a yearly bases by having each of your techs train one person yearly and easily take assembly to as many as 100 at a time within 5 years

Good B.S.
That's a dogfight scene with the rival managing to break the lock and get behind!
o_Oo_O
dude the person posted it is an IRIAF pilot also how the hell is it a dogfight if you can't see the adversary plane??

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well said, @[B][URL='https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iriaf-news-and-discussions.358559/members/sanel1412.187617/']sanel1412[/URL][/B]!

Iran also managed to field a robust short, intermediate, and long-range missile programs that did break through the sanctions and restrictions placed on its air force. These missiles can virtually overwhelm the air defense of its adversaries, particularly, those countries where the missile can reach. In August 2018 when the Iranian leaders unveiled the Kowsar fighter jet, the Iranian defense minister emphasized that the bulk of their efforts will be on the missile programs. So while maintaining and upgrading those fighter jets - and developing a new derivatives from those fighter jets - is commendable on the part of Iran, it is the missile programs that really show a remarkable progress.

Well,for long time Iran is known for restoring totaly crashed aircrafts,which means they had to literary produce all parts again and this is well known fact,recentlyI spoted also mig-29 airframe parts also completly new...now when Iran is capable to produce modern avionics and weapons for it airforce I think very soon Iran will make major braketrought which is actually hardest part,we all know ofcourse that engine is major problem...China had access to foreign technology but Iran has to do it from scratch ...I remeber very well around 1999-2000 China only BVR capable fighter was Su-27 with R-27 missile and they had it maybe 100..their complete fleet was that consisted from Mig-19 and mig-21 copies and some other aircrafts but also very old..yeah..they literary had 100 BVR capable aircraft(very limited BVR with R-27)...in same time Iran already operated most advanced aircraft and ARH guided BVR missile for 20 years..thus flyed also BVR capable Mig-29,F-4..etc...if I told anyone in that time that China will in 10 years start with j-10 production and start fifth gen. projects people would probably asking..wtf..ho is this moron,I would probably destroy all my reputation(if had any in that time :)...Thing is, it is most important and hardest part to actually start produce anything at some scale.. reach industrial production level..Iran is really in hard position when it comes to this,since they had to develop everything from scratch..I suppose they succeed to get some technology transfer but still ...I mean just look..Russia..China...Russsia has experience buiding aircrafts for decades..many things they inveted literary..but look their aircrafts..AN-148 is using Intel chips...They can't sell super jet 100 to Iran because they use more than 10% parts made in USA...also their new fighter air crafts and all new modernisation include western,Korean,Japanese and Chinese components..I wouldn't even say that even their state airliner is flying boings and airbus...I'm mentioning this because even countries like Russia that can produce what ever they want gofor foreign components while in same time working on own to reach same level of quality...Iran can't unfortunalely do that...I guarantee you we woul see 4th gen aircraft long time ago if they have access to technology..I mean they would probably do like everyone else..lunch aircraft with foreign engines and latter when domestic became available switch to own engine...But,instead they have to built every shraf byitself..even if they got tech transfer..still you have to built it..built facilites..have quality people..I mean,when Yugoslavi bought t-72A license we got more than 120.000 pages of license but Russians didn't came and build facilites for US,license means only you got project and that is it...we still had to produce SUP(FCS)..engine....gun..every other part..and few first examples actually were made from imported parts..point is ,even if Iran got some project or license still without access to technology,industrial machinery,or some very rare metals..well just look where other countries are in this field..even they can buy anything they want....this is main reason I'm not fast to show how I'm disapointed or throw critics after some projects are delayed... I mean many things Iran is deveeloping now are literary first time they actually do it and you can't expect state of the art from first try...And we have to be realistic...they must do all of this without colapsing economy...if you consider they are engaged in libanon,syria,yemen,iraq..etc..I'm not sure how they succeed to found all of this under constant sanctions, threat of war constantly for 40 years is enoughf alone to throw away anyone thinking to invest money...

a dogfight between IRIAF f-4 and USAF super hornet F/A-18 over iraq during the anti ISIS air raid. iranian pilot successfully puts the phantum in a dominant position so the super hornets pilot tries to roll and get himself out of that position in response the iranian pilot dive's and tries to maintain the advantage he has over the adversary fighter plane.

a dogfight between IRIAF f-4 and USAF super hornet F/A-18 over iraq during the anti ISIS air raid. iranian pilot successfully puts the phantum in a dominant position so the super hornets pilot tries to roll and get himself out of that position in response the iranian pilot dive's and tries to maintain the advantage he has over the adversary fighter plane.

This must of not gone over well with US high command lol (if true of course).

Back
Top Bottom