What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

5_850611_L600.jpg

This is a very interesting pic because the missiles the f4 is launching/carrying look a hell of a lot like the su24s kh58/as11 anti radiation missile.Maybe the airforce is finally making the effort to integrate all of those newer russian weapons with those older western airframes,I just hope they get around to integrating the newer a2a weapons as well because thats whats badly needed for these western airframes,otherwise its pretty much 70s era sparrows and sidewinders.
There also looks to be a targeting or possibly even ecm/eccm pod on the centerline as well.

EDIT: Sadly after a little bit of checking the above picture appears to be from well over a decade ago,oh well.......shouldnt have got my hopes up....:hitwall:
Kh-58U_anti-radiation_missile_in_Park_Patriot_01.jpg

Last edited:
This doesn't look real...
Well it is real...,I don't know what makes you belive it is not...but you're welcomed to check frames yourself...it is very easy to check is video real in 2 minutes..I didn't check it just to be clear since I didn't have rason for it...since video seems genuine...Did you spot something unusual or some trace of pixel editing...I will check myself as soon I get near my PC,I have original video on PC

EDIT
You're right it is not real,I never seen this video before but seems it was already been around...my apologize for posting it,it was not intentional.I check video clips before uploading it but this really looks like genuine to me..

Last edited:
guys i would like to know your opinion about this:
F5-E_Tiger_II.svg.png

we all know that iran will not make a heavy platform any time soon atleast for one decade. also we all know that we are able to produce f-5 tiger platform with it's engine and all the other stuff. so suddenly an idea came to my mind. what if we use the same type of wing that US put on it's f-16s?? the results and performance of f-16xl comparing to an ordinary falcon was stunnishing.
the XL was capable carrying 80% more fuel, it had 27 pylons, it was able to carry twice the ordnance of f-16 and deliver it 40% further, it's lift/drag ratio was 25% better than f-16 in supersonic and 11% in subsonic speeds, the test pilot stated that f-16XL was easy and smooth to handle compare to f-16.
so the question is: are we able to make something like that with f-5 and will we??
at the end i maded this for better visualization:
F5-E_Tiger_IIII.png

Last edited:
guys a would like to know your opinion about this:
View attachment 544550
we all know that iran will not make a heavy platform any time soon atleast for one decade. also we all know that we are able to produce f-5 tiger platform with it's engine and all the other stuff. so suddenly an idea came to my mind. what if we use the same type of wing that US put on it's f-16s?? the results and performance of f-16xl comparing to an ordinary falcon was stunnishing.
the XL was capable carrying 80% more fuel, it had 27 pylons, it was able to carry twice the ordnance of f-16 and deliver it 40% further, it's lift/drag ratio was 25% better than f-16 in supersonic and 11% in subsonic speeds, the test pilot stated that f-16XL was easy and smooth to handle compare to f-16.
so the question is: are we able to make something like that with f-5 and will we??
View attachment 544559

I think to see the real benefit of a such design, Iran needs to have a more matured airframe design and manufacturing as well as more powerful engines. Youu need to be able to carry extra load fast.

I think to see the real benefit of a such design, Iran needs to have a more matured airframe design and manufacturing as well as more powerful engines. Youu need to be able to carry extra load fast.
actually the point is USAF didn't change anything in the platform except of the wing. that's the reason i fund it interesting. however NASA years later put a powerfull f110 engine on that and accidentally achived supercruiser capability. also if i recall correctly MOD said the j90 turbofan engine gonna have 33% more thrust.

guys i would like to know your opinion about this:
View attachment 544550
View attachment 544559

interesting solution, I would use the elongated fuselage of the kowsar but with only one pilot seat

zSBOcuk.png

I don't think Iran will continue to play around with the F-5 platform for much longer. They may make a next gen version with 4th++/5th gen avionics (mostly just to use it use a test bed to test such systems) but what Iran really need is a semi heavy/heavy fighter jet i.e something to replace the f-14. Given how successful the f-14 was and how Iran is used to such capabilities, nothing short of such capability (but suited for modern times) will satiate our needs. F-14 was just great with its mini AWAC radar and it's long range missiles. Qaher will play the role of a small, stealthy fighter jets for antiship attacks, close air support etc and to go with that we also need a fighter jet with capabilities I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
I don't think Iran will continue to play around with the F-5 platform for much longer. They may make a next gen version with 4th++/5th gen avionics (mostly just to use it use a test bed to test such systems) but what Iran really need is a semi heavy/heavy fighter jet i.e something to replace the f-14. Given how successful the f-14 was and how Iran is used to such capabilities, nothing short of such capability (but suited for modern times) will satiate our needs. F-14 was just great with its mini AWAC radar and it's long range missiles. Qaher will play the role of a small, stealthy fighter jets for antiship attacks, close air support etc and to go with that we also need a fighter jet with capabilities I mentioned earlier.
lol actually according to some people in airforce it seems like the commanders are obsessed with this platform and considering that now we are making rd33 engine i assume our next saeqeh will be something like f-20 tigershark.
about the f-14 they upgraded it's radar and it seems like they achieved the famous theoretical maximum range of 750km but thr airforce has no plan to reverse engineering them. the next heavy fighter of iran is su-30 that's it.

lol actually according to some people in airforce it seems like the commanders are obsessed with this platform and considering that now we are making rd33 engine i assume our next saeqeh will be something like f-20 tigershark.
about the f-14 they upgraded it's radar and it seems like they achieved the famous theoretical maximum range of 750km but thr airforce has no plan to reverse engineering them. the next heavy fighter of iran is su-30 that's it.
Su-30 is old platform like F-14 better spend money on newer designs.

Su-30 is old platform like F-14 better spend money on newer designs.
they already bought the su-30 and yak-130 and this sukhois gonna replace with our old phantoms. funny thing is russians didn't gave us a production line of su-30 they offered an advanced version of su-27 and we refused. also there is a rumor that our versions gonna have su-35 engines.

IRIAF f-14 vs f-5 and mig-29 training dogfight which the mighty tomcat wins as usual8-)8-)

Back
Top Bottom