What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

n00466812-r-b-000.jpg

n00466812-r-b-011.jpg
n00466812-r-b-006.jpg
really i cannot understand why sections of the missile and its components are shown to public... among those visiting such musiems are the CIA , moussasd, mi6 and all sort of enemy intelligence to pay a close look .... why are the Iranians showing such systems ton public... a video or just plastic models are more than enough for the public to enjoy....
no need to reveal secrets !!!!!

really i cannot understand why sections of the missile and its components are shown to public... among those visiting such musiems are the CIA , moussasd, mi6 and all sort of enemy intelligence to pay a close look .... why are the Iranians showing such systems ton public... a video or just plastic models are more than enough for the public to enjoy....
Wars between nations are calculations of probability of success vs defat...It is very important that these calculations are done based of "actual" facts..If one side miscalculate they can start a war thinking they can win and end up with destruction of two nations.

Now what Iran shows in these public revealing is to ensure that the other side can "accurately" extrapolate from "what they see" to "what there could be" so no miscalculation can occurs ..

One good example is when Iran made CD ROM discs of Iran's preliminary nuclear device designs and provided them to Israel and allowed this idiot to make them public...All to ensure he knows what he is supposed to know when he is making calculations of attacking Iran.
4216472105.jpg

Deception is necessary when faced with so many hostile forces. I agree with your view. From past history, I am sure Iranians are smart enough to conceal their cutting edge technologies from the prying eyes of their adversaries.

I just found a concise description of the Khyber-Shikan ballistic missile that could be seen in this newly posted video on YouTube:

Deception is necessary when faced with so many hostile forces. I agree with your view. From past history, I am sure Iranians are smart enough to conceal their cutting edge technologies from the prying eyes of their adversaries.

I just found a concise description of the Khyber-Shikan ballistic missile that could be seen in this newly posted video on YouTube:

I never really understood the AI aspect of this missile and how it would be involved.

I never really understood the AI aspect of this missile and how it would be involved.
That particular video is clear (albeit implicit) on how AI applies. The system makes adjustments and maneuvers based on current geo and electronic environments (@neutrino refers to it as 'semi-gliding'). These decisions are based on inputs (which are referred to as 'prompts' in AI lingo). The question is how the Khaibar Shekan system communicates with or carries an L/LM (large/language model/neural net) and to what extent it was trained, and how malleable it is to prompts that carry pertinent data (using prompt templates such as 'n-shot' prompts or 'chain of thought (CoT) prompts). Is it on an on board chip? If so it's an LM (can't be large). Is it via comms (if possible) then it can be an LLM. So the real question is what are the environmental 'prompts' that are available to the system, how are they processed, and where the L/LM lives. Example prompts are geo, image, SIG, at least. The various prompts will determine the decisions the system will make to micro adjust direction, etc. Same concepts apply to Iranian AI driven radar systems (radar patterns are prompts in this case--which is age old pattern recognition).

EDIT:
Not knowing the language model's size and response time--chances are the LM is on board to provide rapid responses for the system to adjust its direction. Shrug.

Last edited:
پاوه‌ از شکلش گویا پرسه زنه؟

Just a day after North Korea conducted a volley of four 2000km LACM.
230224-cruise-missiles-nk-mb-0855-3f6427.jpg

Previous launch of Hwasal-2 ( Arrow-2):
FKJRhvEWUAUPXXY.jpg

FKJRjVsXsAQT7cG.jpg

Hopefully in near future Iran releases high resolution images of their missile.

To see if its hard evidence of cooperation between anti U.S. resistance axis of North Korea and Iran.

Just a day after North Korea conducted a volley of four 2000km LACM.View attachment 917735

Previous launch of Hwasal-2 ( Arrow-2):
View attachment 917736
View attachment 917737

Hopefully in near future Iran releases high resolution images of their missile.

To see if its hard evidence of cooperation between anti U.S. resistance axis of North Korea and Iran.
The North Korean concept is very good. Alot of massed firepower in a single TEL ready to go in short amount of time.

These types of TELs should be incorporated with 4-6 canisters if possible. North Korea has been very impressive in this area.

It appears to be very similar or identical to the LACMs seen in Yemen as well, so this might actually be 4-5 years old before unveiling.

The North Korean concept is very good. Alot of massed firepower in a single TEL ready to go in short amount of time.

These types of TELs should be incorporated with 4-6 canisters if possible. North Korea has been very impressive in this area.

It appears to be very similar or identical to the LACMs seen in Yemen as well, so this might actually be 4-5 years old before unveiling.
Their LACM TEL have 5 tubes/canisters as you can see in the image of this one:

E_H7l4JWUAA6upf.jpg

Their LACM TEL have 5 tubes/canisters as you can see in the image of this one:

View attachment 917738
Quite impressive.

As for this unveiling, launched from a canister. Strong evidence to suggest it is designed for canister launch, and a single vehicle could probably carry atleast 4 canisters, in a civilian disguised truck. Probably something like this

IRGC_Ground_New_Equipment_2021_%2871%29.jpg

Should be achievable, although I am not sure if a 1600km LACM would be lighter or heavier than a 120km ballistic missile. Truck of this type may not be cable to carry 6 long range LACMs, depending on weight may have to downsize to 2 or 3.

Unfortunately based on the interview I saw, it didn't look like he had any intention of unveiling this new missile anytime soon. But suffice to say, he was very confident about it's capabilities.

From what it appeared to me with the information that was given. It seems like a latest generation from the Kheybar-Shekan missile, but likely with a small second stage that activates 300-400 km from it's respective target. Second allows a period of very aggressive evasive maneuvers outside the atmosphere on it's way down. In alot of way, the kinematic killing maneuvers by the Kheybar-Shekan missile that significant reduces its terminal velocity is solved with this 2nd stage. For example, when the Dezful missile splashes down on it's target it is practically on fire like a meteor, but Kheybar-Shekan with it's longer range, is kinematic slower on impact without any burning suggesting much reduced speed only explained by maneuvers.

Now with this missile, your maneuvers can not only be more aggressive, larger and more frequent, but your terminal velocity is less affected by them

Pros;
1. Range increase, quasi-ballistic missiles of the Fateh family
2. More maneuvers and more aggressive maneuvers
3. Heavier warhead is possible
4. Faster terminal velocity on impact (probably looks like a meteor)

Cons;
Increase on cost with 2nd stage booster MaRV
Longer production times.

Based on the details, it does not appear that it is a traditional Hypersonic Glider traveling low within the atmosphere. It appears they have a different solution that is more affordable and successful.

This will be one of those secret missiles that will likely not be unveiled for many years or until the day of conflict. In either case, this missile would practically make missile defense systems significantly less valuable. With solid SAT based intelligence, Anti-BM systems are much easier to kill.

Good game. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom