What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

I believe Persian Gulf can be a source of power for Iranian ballistic missile force. Imageine you have underground missile city adjacent to to the gulf shores. But in this case you are not launching missiles from the land but rather jettison them horizontally in the containerized capsules which afterwards get into 90 degree position and then make them launch from the sea.
This way no need build launch positions on the land and expose these positions to the enemy and detecting the real hatches which are underwater is impossible. Placing submarines in this almost land locked patch of water would be suicidal mission for the enemy.

The big concern with these missile cities is their capacity to continually launch missiles from underground positions without the risk of being targeted in worse case scenario even nuked. One thick layer of water can mask these horizontal missile silos to the point where enemy would run frenzy trying to detect where the missile came from.

Last edited:
You know, it's off-topic but your name is the same as someone extremely dear to me and I pray for you precisely for this reason. You and @mohsen jan both.
Do you have any idea of what kind of hypersonic missile this is? A ballistic missile, cruise missile or HGV? Has any development been done regarding interception of hypersonic silos? What is being reported in Iranian press?

More than a month ago,

Baku website says that Iran transfered 500 Dehlaviye (Kornet) missiles and 100 Almas anti-armour missiles to Armenia free of charge; about 1 month old

Almas is really one of those Gems in Iran's inventory that is not really known. What a beauty.

ahBFL9L.jpg

Such a crucial development to kill most modern armor. APS complicates things, but this thing is lethal on it's own and up to date.

If I can read correctly the description on the stand says it has fire & forget mode as well, with an incredible 700m - 4000m (4km) max range. Which is phenomenal for Iran's geography where eye sight can see very far away. In places like Ukraine you'd be lucky to see even 100m in front of you because of the vegetation. One of the reasons why Javelins were so rarely used and kinda useless in the war and ATGMs are king there and everywhere I might add.

Last edited:
More than a month ago,

Baku website says that Iran transfered 500 Dehlaviye (Kornet) missiles and 100 Almas anti-armour missiles to Armenia free of charge; about 1 month old

Almas is really one of those Gems in Iran's inventory that is not really known. What a beauty.

ahBFL9L.jpg

Such a crucial development to kill most modern armor. APS complicates things, but this thing is lethal on it's own and up to date.

If I can read correctly the description on the stand says it has fire & forget mode as well, with an incredible 700m - 4000m (4km) max range. Which is phenomenal for Iran's geography where eye sight can see very far away. In places like Ukraine you'd be lucky to see even 100m in front of you because of the vegetation. One of the reasons why Javelins were so rarely used and kinda useless in the war and ATGMs are king there and everywhere I might add.
The best features of this missile are two;

Non aligned firing mode. You can make LOAL (Lock on After Launch) off of the sight because the seeker is in the front of the missile, operator can see TV seeker and follow the objective without being exposed.

Being TV seeket it is impossible to jam it.

Russians can buy some thousands of it and use them in Ukrainia.

It is based on Spike missile, some of them have been captured in moderate beheaders paid by US and Israel in Syria.

So selling them to russians it is a kind of poetic justice.

Non aligned firing mode. You can make LOAL (Lock on After Launch) off of the sight because the seeker is in the front of the missile, operator can see TV seeker and follow the objective without being exposed.

It is based on Spike missile, some of them have been captured in moderate beheaders paid by US and Israel in Syria.

if challenger and leopard find their way into Ukraine , Russia have to do so as they have no top attack ATGM and those two tank have one of the thickest frontal armor.

In such cases of a TV seeker, how does the information transmit to the sight, is it by wire?
if challenger and leopard find their way into Ukraine , Russia have to do so as they have no top attack ATGM and those two tank have one of the thickest frontal armor.
Exactly what came to mind, which is why I was searching about Almas, and came across the article about alleged transfer.

I've seen some leopards take a full frontal hit with a Kornet in Syria and survive, about a dozen have been destroyed but this is mostly due to them getting flanked by ATGMs where Syria's hilly and mountainous terrain allows ample opportunity to ambush armour.

Challenger and Leopard will be delivered to Ukraine, small batches but will likely increase with time.

It gets even better,when drone launched from altitude the range gets extended out to around 8km.

Fiber optic...
Also radio frequency.

I hope you are joking on the Javelin use in Ukraine because its been used effectively especially in open terrain. Not sure how you get that idea it was useless.

I hope you are joking on the Javelin use in Ukraine because its been used effectively especially in open terrain. Not sure how you get that idea it was useless.
Okay maybe I was being unreasonable.

But I think it is worth saying, the vast majority of filmed evidence of anti-armor kills were by the very own Ukrainian Stugna. The problem with Javelin is the range, most of the time you are either in thick forests and vegetation where traditional RPG family is used frequently, in steppes you have vast areas of open flat space where Javalin can make it's mark, the problem is why use the Javelin when you can kill the T-72B3 with a Stugna from a couple kilometers further?

Kill probability is much higher but the range is also a really important factor. Unless I am mistaken that the MAX range is 2.5 km, if you are even engaging in the max range, chances are you are already under a heavy firestorm at 2-2.5 km out.

My assumptions is the Ukrainian would prefer a remotely operated ATGM that can defeat the backbone of Russian armor corps from 4km out, while keeping himself & team away from danger, rather than a shoulder fired, and shorter range system. If the Javelin could have extended variants that can be used remotely or shoulder fired as well as increased range, with it's top-attack mode, it would be even more lethal, I basically just described the Israeli Spike

Also radio frequency.

No, radio frequency it is just for newer versions of Spike (spaniards are producing them under license). Anyway RF guidance has problems because you can jam it.

Javelin is a great missile.... and in few years you will see a persian version of it.

But I think it is worth saying, the vast majority of filmed evidence of anti-armor kills were by the very own Ukrainian Stugna. The problem with Javelin is the range, most of the time you are either in thick forests and vegetation where traditional RPG family is used frequently, in steppes you have vast areas of open flat space where Javalin can make it's mark, the problem is why use the Javelin when you can kill the T-72B3 with a Stugna from a couple kilometers further?
the majority of them are stugna because I think it actually have a tv and monitor and capability to record , also unlike javelin which is a one man weapon , its operated by a team

Back
Top Bottom