What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

the majority of them are stugna because I think it actually have a tv and monitor and capability to record , also unlike javelin which is a one man weapon , its operated by a team
If you look at the Stugna videos, it's not from the monitor itself, it is someone filming the TV monitor with their phone or camcorder. Which someone can do with the Javelin as well.

If you look at the Stugna videos, it's not from the monitor itself, it is someone filming the TV monitor with their phone or camcorder. Which someone can do with the Javelin as well.
considering Stugna is a 3-4 person operated weapon and Javelin is 1-2 crew weapon the man power is a little strained on javelin team

Okay maybe I was being unreasonable.

But I think it is worth saying, the vast majority of filmed evidence of anti-armor kills were by the very own Ukrainian Stugna. The problem with Javelin is the range, most of the time you are either in thick forests and vegetation where traditional RPG family is used frequently, in steppes you have vast areas of open flat space where Javalin can make it's mark, the problem is why use the Javelin when you can kill the T-72B3 with a Stugna from a couple kilometers further?
You know that the Ukrainians can just fire Javelin missiles from vehicles to over the hills to edge of the forest or woods? Even from buildings as well. Even far distance as well. And the reason Stugna is shown more because the troops are recording using their phones and the monitor has zoom in feature to see and track the target afar. The Javelin doesn't have any of those.

Kill probability is much higher but the range is also a really important factor. Unless I am mistaken that the MAX range is 2.5 km, if you are even engaging in the max range, chances are you are already under a heavy firestorm at 2-2.5 km out.
The new CLU has a range of 4km. Even at 2.5km its still a dangerous weapon. Because you have to look everywhere and they can hit you from that distance or more.

My assumptions is the Ukrainian would prefer a remotely operated ATGM that can defeat the backbone of Russian armor corps from 4km out, while keeping himself & team away from danger, rather than a shoulder fired, and shorter range system. If the Javelin could have extended variants that can be used remotely or shoulder fired as well as increased range, with it's top-attack mode, it would be even more lethal, I basically just described the Israeli Spike
Its decades old tech, but a fire and forget weapon where you don't stick around.

Most of the time when you see Javelin hits, it can be from drones.

Or even better the guided version
27.png

Short range but it would pack a punch and be very accurate

Now heres an interesting one:

"1/ What is the approximate production rate of arrow-3 missiles and how many are available so far? This image was released today by the Israeli Air Force. The number 30202 and 30129 can be seen on the rocket canister. In 2017 and the operationalization of the first operational launcher, the number of rocket canisters was 30109 and 30108, which means the start of counting 30100"
"2/ It has been, so today 102 rockets have been produced based on canister number, of course, they will never mount the last canister produced on the launcher. But assuming the existence of about 150 missiles, that means 37 arrow-3 missiles have been produced annually."

Naturally,take any claims made about this sort of thing with an entire salt mines worth of salt.But IF accurate,this does tend to indicate very low production numbers.
Then again there are only 3 fixed sites and one does have to seriously question just how long fixed sites like these would be able to remain operational for in an actual shooting war.

Any chance someone can give a translation of the details in this?
1713831.jpg

1713831.jpg
This is "Khoramshahr" BM (describes sections of the missile)

1- warhead
2-Control and navigation
3-oxidation tank
4-fuel
5-Engine
6-control mechanism (TVO)

The lower curve is the flight path and the dots on the curve describe the actions happening in flight)

first dot: Start of angeled trajectory
2nd dot: Max speed ..engine off
3rd dot: warhead separation
4th dot: Epogee
5th dot: re-entrance to atmosepher
6th dot: detonation : effective rage 500 meter..death range 250 meter

The other 2nd curve show is flight path of the body of missile as it fall down

1713831.jpg

This is "Khoramshahr" BM (describes sections of the missile)

1- warhead
2-Control and navigation
3-oxidation tank
4-fuel
5-Engine
6-control mechanism (TVO)

The lower curve is the flight path and the dots on the curve describe the actions happening in flight)

first dot: Start of angeled trajectory
2nd dot: Max speed ..engine off
3rd dot: warhead separation
4th dot: Epogee
5th dot: re-entrance to atmosepher
6th dot: detonation : effective rage 500 meter..death range 250 meter

The other 2nd curve show is flight path of the body of missile as it fall down

Let me complete the above by adding a translation of the detail points listed below item numbers 1, 2 and 6, as well as the right-hand side info sheet printed on a black background.

Underneath title 1 - Warhead:
- Capability of separation in mid-phase.
- Aerodynamic stability.
- Radar evasiveness.

Underneath title 2 - Guidance and control section:
- Inertial navigation.
- Guidance and control of the missile until impact on target.

Underneath title 6 - Stabilization and control surfaces:
- Vernier engines with mobile fins.

Text to the right:

[Ballistic missile]

Khorramshahr

Type of missile: Long range ballistic.
Duty: Elimination of enemy's vital, sensitive and important targets with very high destructive power.
Type of engine: Liquid fuel rocket propulsion with advanced design.
Number of stages: Single-stage with warhead separation.
Launch platform: Road mobile, stationary.
Type of launch: Vertical launch.
Producing country: Islamic Republic of Iran [followed by a word I could not decipher: v-d-j-a/e/o?].
Year of unveiling: 1395 [March 20, 2016 to March 20, 2017].

Last edited:
Let me complete the above by adding a precise translation of the detail points listed below item numbers 1, 2 and 6, as well as the right-hand side info sheet printed on black background.

Underneath title 1 - Warhead:
- Capability of separation in mid-phase.
- Aerodynamic stability.
- Radar evasiveness.

Underneath title 2 - Guidance and control section:
- Inertial navigation.
- Guidance and control of the missile until impact on target.

Underneath title 6 - Stabilization and control surfaces:
- Vernier engines with mobile fins.

Text to the right:

[Ballistic missile]

Khorramshahr

Type of missile: Long range ballistic.
Duty: Elimination of enemy's vital, sensitive and important targets with very high destructive power.
Type of engine: Liquid fuel rocket propulsion with advanced design.
Number of stages: Single-stage with warhead separation.
Launch platform: Road mobile, stationary.
Type of launch: Vertical launch.
Producing country: Islamic Republic of Iran [followed by a word I could not decipher: v-d-j-a?].
Year of unveiling: 1395 [March 20, 2016 to March 20, 2017].
VDJI = Minestry of Defence Islamic Republic of Iran

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom