What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Yes bro why not?

If a country places a good piece of order and pays a part of the money as per the contract before the production kicks off then why not?

About the price tag, i think that if we add other things attacched to the missile brigades, it would cost the customer almost 300 to 350 million dollar per 150 missiles including the launchers based on the version and range of those missiles. And if we suppose each launcher carried 4 of them then they would need almost 10 to 20 launchers keeping the rest of the missiles as stocks.

It might be more, my conjecture was made based on price tag of Iskander-E purchased by Armenians. Russians might have suggested them with a good discount, that's an other possibility.

Russians do not rely on short/medium range missiles for their military doctrine because they have a formidable air force.
Iran, on the other hand, lacks a powerful air force against our regional adversaries and relies on our missiles as the main factor in our military power.
That's why I am confused if it actually makes sense for us to export our missiles in such large numbers for that kind of price.
I mean after all, if we want to export our missiles, we must be able to boost our missile production inside Iran with the revenue in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense.

Russians do not rely on short/medium range missiles for their military doctrine because they have a formidable air force.
Iran, on the other hand, lacks a powerful air force against our regional adversaries and relies on our missiles as the main factor in our military power.
That's why I am confused if it actually makes sense for us to export our missiles in such large numbers for that kind of price.
I mean after all, if we want to export our missiles, we must be able to boost our missile production inside Iran with the revenue in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense.
Another approach would be to offer to sell complete production lines for local production of the entire weapons system.The huge advantage here is that one is actually offering an entire package of technologies,that when mastered could then be used in the creation of multiple weapons systems.

Another approach would be to offer to sell complete production lines for local production of the entire weapons system.The huge advantage here is that one is actually offering an entire package of technologies,that when mastered could then be used in the creation of multiple weapons systems.
Yes, but that also requires a deep level of trust and guarantees to ensure that our military knowledge will not be transferred to our adversaries.

Reading these, I must say I'm not comfortable for the IRI to provide these systems to allies for profit. Yes, all allies have responsibilities in their roles in the Axis of Resistance, but purely to further the cause of justice. As such, the IRI MUST provide to allies in this context. Just not for profit. Maybe even less than cost. I love the knowledge transfer for example. I certainly hope the IRI does not get into an arms for profit business. Their are far better activities to further the cause of humanity.

Separately, is it me or has the explosive force of the impacts, shown in the clips, substantially increased?

it seems IRGC biggest and most advanced exercise is going to start in few days, its time for something new, something a little more powerful.

Iranian NOTAM for live firing practice (Air to Surface/Surface to Air) in waters North of the Strait of Hormuz, all day (morning to midnight) from 13 Dec 21 until 20 Dec 21.

1639603675440.png

it seems IRGC biggest and most advanced exercise is going to start in few days, its time for something new, something a little more powerful.

Iranian NOTAM for live firing practice (Air to Surface/Surface to Air) in waters North of the Strait of Hormuz, all day (morning to midnight) from 13 Dec 21 until 20 Dec 21.

View attachment 801277
Hopefully some interesting footage to come. Optimistic IMA media will be following.

Hey @Stryker1982 you mind taking a look at this PDF for me and telling me if you agree that this penetrating warhead called Earth-Quick is for ballistic missiles.

Definitely some sort of solid fuel motor business going on here from what they are saying in the doc.

I can't really tell the diameter of the warhead, but it does not look like the big ones consistent with a 300 km tactical missile unless the picture is very deceiving. But to me this indicate theirs a battlefield missile in development. If their is a prototype model physically made out there, we can probably guestimate the range, but from my guess it's probably a battlefield missile designed to strike hardened targets to support the troops.

It's only a matter of time that they develop an SRBM this might be the initial stages of this process. It would be logical that they develop missiles that would at least cover the Strait of Hormuz and Qatar.

Edit: I should add one thing, it would make sense this development of a SRM earth-penetrator is probably coming from experiences in the Yemen war, and the requirement for something bunker busting that is completely lacking in that theater.

@Stryker1982
Here is a picture for scale my bad, I heard diameter was 400mm supposedly.

Keep in mind UAE abides by MTCR so we may see longer ranged ballistic missiles with very large warheads that could be used as export missiles with range under 300km in the future.

They likely are working on dual use technology related to both SLV and BM technolgies.

C9B11DEF-1A2E-4673-B0CD-482DC55CA43D.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 801277
Interesting it is UKMTO(Uniteda Kingdom Marine Trade Organization) notice, I think there should also Global Marine Organization NOTAM..... They probaly publish same notice from Iran org any way, SO it is not important.... It is Just Something cross My mind

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom