What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

They might spread apart further down the giant magazine and with the first one being fired likely being sealed behind a blast door inside of a silo before a launch; then I would imagine the rail follows a circuit eventually bringing it full circle.
Maybe there are several separate silos which are fed by this giant magazine ..... for sure they thought it through ...

Maybe there are several separate silos which are fed by this giant magazine ..... for sure they thought it through ...
Absolutely, also it might be possible that they might just turn a sharp corner off into a silo so that so the need for blast doors would be minimized, but I think they probably have some sort of barrier or blast door closing the silos during launch. Even with this magazine setup , the missiles are still moving slowly and carefully given their size and weight. Nonetheless, this is as close to a ballistic missile machine gun as one can get and fire the most rounds in the shortest amount of time.
One concern I have is how to handle earthquakes, especially if a really nasty one to hit during a missile loading or firing.

I just remembered the missile farms; so both types of fuel missiles have the ability to be launched enmasse along with whatever is carried on trucks and maritime platforms.
Next could be either a maritime or airborne platform for launching missiles.

I just remembered the missile farms; so both types of fuel missiles have the ability to be launched enmasse along with whatever is carried on trucks and maritime platforms.
Next could be either a maritime or airborne platform for launching missiles.

Do you think the giant magazine launch system can be incorporated in Persian Gulf class vessels and other VLCC naval units in development? Perhaps, to start with, they can use tactical BMs.

I can't imagine what an airborne platform of such may look like.

Maybe @SOHEIL and @sahureka2 can provide some insight?

Do you think the giant magazine launch system can be incorporated in Persian Gulf class vessels and other VLCC naval units in development? Perhaps, to start with, they can use tactical BMs.

I can't imagine what an airborne platform of such may look like.

Maybe @SOHEIL and @sahureka2 can provide some insight?
With a surface vessel or sub, I would imagine they would likely be solid fueled and sealed in containers, The need for this type of magazine system is for liquid fueled weapons and their various needs and much higher maintenance. Ship mounted fateh/zulfiqars would probably be like the any air defense missile system or cruise missile, all sealed in vls containers in the ships hull. The question for me would be if the tactical ballistics can be programed from the bridge, or already have coordinates pre programmed, before install; depends on how much local or centralised control the command structure would deem proper for the missiles.
Also, it would certainly be IRGC ship at first, with some cross coordination be the naval and aerospace forces. The more I think about it, I think they might rather concentrate on cruise missile for ships and subs, but never rule out options for carrying heavier weapons.
Also. a larger vessel could also serve as a space launch platform too.
Another point to add is that the aerospace forces might not want to divide control of the missiles with the naval branch or any other branch for that matter, while sam systems and radars and drones are shared by them, the missiles are a different matter and I can understand on psychological front. Also, said missiles become a bit vulnerable while out at sea so older models would probably be utilised first by the naval branch if should ever happen.

Last edited:
With a surface vessel or sub, I would imagine they would likely be solid fueled and sealed in containers, The need for this type of magazine system is for liquid fueled weapons and their various needs and much higher maintenance. Ship mounted fateh/zulfiqars would probably be like the any air defense missile system or cruise missile, all sealed in vls containers in the ships hull. The question for me would be if the tactical ballistics can be programed from the bridge, or already have coordinates pre programmed, before install; depends on how much local or centralised control the command structure would deem proper for the missiles.
Also, it would certainly be IRGC ship at first, with some cross coordination be the naval and aerospace forces. The more I think about it, I think they might rather concentrate on cruise missile for ships and subs, but never rule out options for carrying heavier weapons.
Also. a larger vessel could also serve as a space launch platform too.
Another point to add is that the aerospace forces might not want to divide control of the missiles with the naval branch or any other branch for that matter, while sam systems and radars and drones are shared by them, the missiles are a different matter and I can understand on psychological front. Also, said missiles become a bit vulnerable while out at sea so older models would probably be utilised first by the naval branch if should ever happen.

Well said WudangMaster. I was thinking more along the lines of miniaturisation of this giant magazine system for incorporating them on super vessels to increase firepower. As per my understanding, conventional VLS/container-based weapons are mostly one-off; that is once launched, those containers are empty until the vessel are re-supplied/replenished. It would be nice to have this magazine system programmed to help reload those VLS containers, especially with what you mentioned about the tactical BMs being preprogrammed. It should be possible to do so with advanced satellite navigation on completely autonomous vessels in the future.

Furthermore, you're absolutely correct about IRGC vessels being the first recipient of such high calibre weapons and the fact that they may not want to share control of any BMs to any branch of the regular armed forces. I was under the impression that perhaps in the near future when IRGC aerospace force have an increased supply on various TBMs, they can share some of those with the regular navy to increase deterrence and anti-access area deniability.

1604701116455.png

It is a photoshopped picture, they put the glider of the Chinese DF-17 on Iranian Soleimani missile to show what an Iranian HGV system may look like.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom