What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

1605031808433.png

1605032721850.png

From the looks of it, it seems the carousel travels with 5 at a a time and the individual missiles don't separate as they enter the launch area. At first I though the return didn't make as much sense as a full circle, but that would require 2 blast doors rather than one set so it is cheaper to have the cart return along part of the same path out of the launch area as depicted here. The opening also feels it might be too wide to accommodate the 5 missile carousel making it more vulnerable to strikes, unless the slope is much sharper, also the silo opening might be more narrow, allowing for one missile launch at a time and the carousel moves one step over after every launch, like the barrel of a revolver pistol. On the other hand, having the carousel park and let the missile launch one at a time then move out might be more cost effective and the concern of so big an opening might not be as serious as I imagine it to be, especially if the exit is sharply angled on a mountain slope.

this is such a unique, and genius system that it has left me almost speechless. Extremely proud of our experts and engineers.

when the machine gun was invented originally. It completely killed the cavalry as a military unit. Thousands of years of war fighting tactics changed overnight.

I wonder if this "machine gun missile" system is what kills the traditional large airbase+ expensive airforce thats played a dominant role in war tactics from ww2 onwards

could any saudi airbase survive 1 hour under an all out Iranian assault?? i doubt it... if they take off to escape, would they survive the multi-layered Iranian air defense? How do you counter this?

You're talking more on a strategic level where I'd say precision ballistic missiles would change the course of conventional warfare. No where is safe, any sort of military infrastructure on the ground cannot be reliably protected anymore, all must go underground. Just 10 years prior, you can guard all your infrastructure with air defense and airforce equipment, but low cost Raad-500's, Emad missiles etc... are making traditional infrastructure unsafe. I'm sure the Americans know a thing or two about vulnerable bases.

I'm willing to bet low-cost, low flying drone swarms, with the appropriate battle management software will change the type of warfare that can be fought overnight.

You're talking more on a strategic level where I'd say precision ballistic missiles would change the course of conventional warfare. No where is safe, any sort of military infrastructure on the ground cannot be reliably protected anymore, all must go underground. Just 10 years prior, you can guard all your infrastructure with air defense and airforce equipment, but low cost Raad-500's, Emad missiles etc... are making traditional infrastructure unsafe. I'm sure the Americans know a thing or two about vulnerable bases.

I'm willing to bet low-cost, low flying drone swarms, with the appropriate battle management software will change the type of warfare that can be fought overnight.
Will Iran move all their military into the mountains and abandoned their exposed bases after the introduction of future IRBMs on U.S. side?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom