What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

With a more precise calculation I arrive at ~9500 Fateh class SRBM produced in 26 cumulative years. Assuming for every 4 Fateh class missile, 1 MRBM (from Shahab 3 to the Khorramshahr) produced we get ~2400 missiles. Combined we get ~11900 BM's without the SRBM Qiam. For one Qiam (2010 entry into service) we assume 3 Fateh class SRBM which amounts to ~1200.

9500+2400+1200=~13100 BM's

If one MRBM for every 3 Fateh SRBM, then ~3100 and one Qiam for every 2.5 Fateh, then ~1500. 9500+3100+1500=~14100 BM's

So anywhere between 12000 and 16000 BM's

Total production cost assuming $100.000 for Fateh and $400.000 for MRBM and Qiam: ~$5.5 billion total production cost over the course of ~20 years. Assuming another $5.5 billion for the facilities, tunnels, silo's, R&D, TEL's, training etc, is $11 billion over 20 years. Spending ~$0.55 billion per year on average for the core of Iran's defense power and doctrine is doable.

Feel free to discuss this and look if it fits in the defense budget of Iran's armed forces

4. The spike-like missile we have seen a test footage of recently

I'm hoping on either a SAM or BM
Last year I did some research on Iranian ballistic missile serial numbers that can be seen in pictures and videos released to the public and it led me to the assumption that the IRGC-ASF had atleast ~800 Ghadr missiles at that time, of which most where Ghadr-Hs and the rest mostly consisting of Ghadr-Fs.

IRGC to unveil new missile system in September: general

TEHRAN — Brigadier General Bahman Kargar has announced plans to unveil a new missile system by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in the coming months.

Kargar said the missile system will be unveiled during the Sacred Defense Week, which commemorates the anniversary of Iraq’s imposed war against Iran, IRNA reported.

“Due to the spread of the coronavirus, some of the programs of this ceremony will be held through video conferencing,” he explained.

September 21 marks the beginning of Sacred Defense Week in Iran. Each year, the ceremony is marked by military parades. This year, Iran commemorates the 40th anniversary of the war.

MH/PA

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/449506/IRGC-to-unveil-new-missile-system-in-September-general

last second Iranian missile warhead making crazy maneuvers in air

1. enemy radar will think warhead is going to move straight ahead

vlcsnap-6840-07-23-05h01m46s590.jpg

2. but No, warhead changes course making more then 90 degrees and hit somewhere else entirely with mach 13-15 speeds

vlcsnap-7104-05-12-21h29m46s042.jpg

3. and remember this is only last second maneuver guess what it can do when its higher up

vlcsnap-1710-09-02-23h36m04s482.jpg

Iran operates underground missile cities along southern shores: IRGC commander

Iran’s Armed Forces have developed underground missile cities along the country’s entire southern shores, including the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman, says the commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy.

Brigadier General Alireza Tangsiri made the remarks in a detailed interview whose text was published on Sunday, noting that such cities accommodate both naval vessels and missiles.

“We [in the Iranian Armed Forces] have underground cities, which house both vessels and missiles,” the commander said, adding, “Our entire shoreline [in southern Iran] is equipped with [various types of] arms.”

Tangsiri emphasized, “Our shoreline is equipped with weapons and there is no chanting about it.”

He noted that the IRGC Navy has formed a marine Basij force, which is positioned along a 2,200-km coastline (excluding the Iranian islands), and so far 428 flotillas, including more than 23,000 military personnel, have been organized.

The enemy knows that there are underground cities belonging to the Army and the IRGC along the Persian Gulf and Makran coasts, but it has no accurate information in that regard, he said.

“But another thing I am going to say [to enemies] with certainty is that we are present everywhere in the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman and ... in places you cannot even imagine. We are your nightmare,” Tangsiri added.

He emphasized that the IRGC Navy has full information command in the Persian Gulf and is precisely aware of and monitors the location of every ship from its entrance through the Strait of Hormuz to its exit.

“This is not just a slogan. We have long-range missiles and they [enemies] should wait to hear further news about long-range missiles and vessels they cannot even imagine.”

The IRGC’s chief commander Major General Hossein Salami warned in April that the Islamic Republic will target American vessels if they were to threaten the safety of the country’s vessels or warships.

We declare to them that we are absolutely determined and serious in defending our national security, maritime borders and interests, and that any move [against us] will be effectively and swiftly met with a decisive, effective response,” Salami said.

Later in May, the IRGC Navy had an incident with US forces in the Persian Gulf as they entered a drill area despite having been warned in advance not to approach.

Tangsiri said US forces will be pursued in the Persian Gulf and Sea of Oman. “They had entered our training area while it had already been announced that drills would be held there ... hence, they were ordered to leave.”

The US Navy Central Command has earlier alleged that 11 IRGC vessels had “harassed” up to six US ships in the Persian Gulf.

The claims were rejected as “baseless” by Iranian officials.

The IRGC issued a statement describing the American allegations as “Hollywood tales,” detailing that the incident happened after an American vessel repeatedly harassed an Iranian boat.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/

IRGC to unveil new missile system in September: general

TEHRAN — Brigadier General Bahman Kargar has announced plans to unveil a new missile system by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in the coming months.

Kargar said the missile system will be unveiled during the Sacred Defense Week, which commemorates the anniversary of Iraq’s imposed war against Iran, IRNA reported.

“Due to the spread of the coronavirus, some of the programs of this ceremony will be held through video conferencing,” he explained.

September 21 marks the beginning of Sacred Defense Week in Iran. Each year, the ceremony is marked by military parades. This year, Iran commemorates the 40th anniversary of the war.

MH/PA

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/449506/IRGC-to-unveil-new-missile-system-in-September-general
Ghadir is still missing! Long range solid fuel:

CCE699D7-C20B-460C-AB26-2D2476DAD75C.jpeg

@Mithridates
@Philosopher
Do you guys think that very fast traveling missiles can beat APS systems? If an ATGM is traveling at 1200 meters per second is it invulnerable to APS reacting quick enough?

If the projectile is fast enough and/or close enough then naturally it can overcome the reaction time of the APS. Modern active protection systems can defeat systems faster than the 1200m/s you mentioned. For example, the Russian Afghanit system can intercept targets at speed of 1700m/s currently and in the future they are planning to increase that to 3000m/s.

The nearest line of interception of missiles, shells or rocket-propelled grenades is 15-20 meters, and the maximum speed of interception of armor-piercing sub-caliber shells is 1700 m / s. In the future, it is planned to install an even more advanced Barrier protection system on Armata. It will already be able to intercept targets flying at speeds from 2500 to 3000 m / s.
https://tvzvezda.ru/news/forces/content/201411211239-uvb5.htm

There are many ways of defeating APS. Not mentioning the saturation attacks, other ways are using anti-tank systems with precursor rounds such as RPG-30:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-30

You can naturally target tanks from their unprotected regions. Furthermore, you can target the APS itself using kinetic and non-kinetic means such as E-magnetic disruptions:

Another promising concept generates directed, far-distance electromagnetic effects defeating sensors and communications systems of modern main battle tanks. After such a mission kill, a following salvo attack through an anti-tank or modern multi-role weapon will eventually lead to a catastrophic kill. Feasibility studies of these mobile electromagnetic effectors have already shown their high potential.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338411502_Defeating_Modern_Armor_and_Protection_Systems

These lists are not comprehensive.

sorry, i don't know bro.
I was wondering, because the US was developing a mach 4.3 ATGM that weighed 30kg and I think that it would be a APS killer in modern combat. I don't think it would be possible to intercept a missile going that fast with Israeli APS system. It would basically be a ATGM with a kinetic warhead.

hvm-1.jpg

I was wondering, because the US was developing a mach 4.3 ATGM that weighed 30kg and I think that it would be a APS killer in modern combat. I don't think it would be possible to intercept a missile going that fast with Israeli APS system. It would basically be a ATGM with a kinetic warhead.

hvm-1.jpg
well that would be 4 time faster than existing anti tank missiles. i don't know how APS work and if they calculate the projectile speed too or simply rely on the information on where the missile is and if it's close enough, they counter it. if the case is the second one it can penetrate through APS. also what possibly APS can do to a 30 kg projectile traveling at mach 4??

well that would be 4 time faster than existing anti tank missiles. i don't know how APS work and if they calculate the projectile speed too or simply rely on the information on where the missile is and if it's close enough, they counter it. if the case is the second one it can penetrate through APS. also what possibly APS can do to a 30 kg projectile traveling at mach 4??
It is basically a 120mm M829 Sabot ATGM, I don't think there is much that could be done to counter it. Russians are probably lying about their capabilities as even the Israelis can't counter a fast APFSDS.

Now fired at far ranges maybe if the radar detects it early, but probably within a kilometer or two the tank can't react quick enough.

It would look something like this, it just seems to fast to counter in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom