What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Me think this failures with the iron dome happen cause of bad termo management inside if many fired at same time.

Me think this failures with the iron dome happen cause of bad termo management inside if many fired at same time.

I think Iron Dome does its job at an acceptable rate all things considered. Downside to the system is cost per missile and overall system cost.

Iran could likely produce such a system for a fraction of the cost, but its only client would be Syria. Iran has no use for such a system nor does Iraq. It’s an anti insurgency AD system. Very niche.

Davids Sling and Arrow are a different story.

I think Iron Dome does its job at an acceptable rate all things considered. Downside to the system is cost per missile and overall system cost.

Iran could likely produce such a system for a fraction of the cost, but its only client would be Syria. Iran has no use for such a system nor does Iraq. It’s an anti insurgency AD system. Very niche.

Davids Sling and Arrow are a different story.
The system is already at a fraction of the price and I don't think you can build it cheaper and iran has needs for such system it can be used against jdam or cruise missiles all any other type of such weapons, It can be used against UAVS .

I think all systems has failure and this failure is the price they pay for trying to build the missiles as cheap as possible.

The system is already at a fraction of the price and I don't think you can build it cheaper and iran has needs for such system it can be used against jdam or cruise missiles all any other type of such weapons, It can be used against UAVS .

You sir are misinformed and quite frankly don’t know what you are talking about.

An Iron Dome battery runs $50 million, with each missile in the neighborhood of $40,000 to $100,000 (estimates vary).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-cost-of-iron-dome

So to stop a $500-$1000 homemade rocket Israel is spending upwards of 100K per interceptor on top of $50 million per battery (not battalion).

According to @VEVAK Iran produces a F-110 missile for $100K so let that sink in.

Furthermore, Iron dome is terrible for intercepting cruise missiles. It was designed to intercept low flying predictable trajectory rockets that fly too low for traditional AD interception altitude.

If Iron Dome was adequate to intercept CMs Israel wouldn’t be racing to beef up their air defenses against long range Iranian CMs.

You sir are misinformed and quite frankly don’t know what you are talking about.

An Iron Dome battery runs $50 million, with each missile in the neighborhood of $40,000 to $100,000 (estimates vary).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-cost-of-iron-dome

So to stop a $500-$1000 homemade rocket Israel is spending upwards of 100K per interceptor on top of $50 million per battery (not battalion).

According to @VEVAK Iran produces a F-110 missile for $100K so let that sink in.

Furthermore, Iron dome is terrible for intercepting cruise missiles. It was designed to intercept low flying predictable trajectory rockets that fly too low for traditional AD interception altitude.

If Iron Dome was adequate to intercept CMs Israel wouldn’t be racing to beef up their air defenses against long range Iranian CMs.
Iron Dome missile is 40000$ per missile and you can't go cheaper than that.
Wonder you think how much pantsir or tor missile will cost you? Let tell you a secret a crotale R460 missile cost you 135000$ each.

So here it seems you are misinformed. I wonder if you can show me a system that uses cheaper missiles.

I think all systems has failure and this failure is the price they pay for trying to build the missiles as cheap as possible.
iron dome can intercept CMs if they do not maneuver in it's missile range. it's a simple point AD that can intercept targets moving on an strait line. the missile price is low because it's guidance burden is on the radar and ground targeting system not the missile itself which is a basic rocket with a simple iR sensor.

iron dome can intercept CMs if they do not maneuver in it's missile range. it's a simple point AD that can intercept targets moving on an strait line. the missile price is low because it's guidance burden is on the radar and ground targeting system not the missile itself which is a basic rocket with a simple iR sensor.
it is used successfully against drone so it can be used against cruise missile . and its a point defense system as it designed for such mission .by the way JDAM, Cruise missiles, Quasi ballistic missiles all are not that maneuvering system at the terminal phase .
I say the missile is pretty much maneuverable and can intercept maneuvering target
what ever others say ,I say the design is wise can intercept target from 4km-70km for just 40000$ each launcher carry 20 missile and each system have 3-4 launcher so its very hard to overwhelm it
now compare it with Pantsir yes its more mobile but for the same missile weight (90kg) it only can engage 18km away and carry 12 missile or Tor which is 160kg and can engage 12km away and can only carry 8 missile or crotale that has a range of 16km and can carry at most 8 missile

just calculate how many of other system you need to protect a city and how many Iron Dome you need and how many missile you get with each solution.

Iron Dome is a good design that everybody can learn from it and according to spec the missiles are E/O not infrared

Senior Iranian diplomat, Amir Abdollahinan:
Through several mediates which arrived in Iran shortly after US terror of Gen Suleimani, Trump had promised to halt all sanctions related to him if Iran avoid it's retaliation, Americans even suggested that Iran negotiate with them about possible targets for the revenge strike, but all offers were rejected.

attacking Ain Al-assad was just the revenge for attacking Gen Suleimani's car, the revenge for his blood is expelling of Americans from the region.

Abdollahian also said that Ain Al-assad was highly equipped and had both missile diverters and and anti missile defense systems yet in surprise to Americans, Iran targeted this base and their defense systems failed to counter.

امیرعبدالهیان: دقت برخورد موشک‌های ایران بیش از تصور آمریکا بود - مشرق نیوز

In another news, Karim Al-mohammadavi a member of Security and Defense Commission in Iraq parliament said US is pressing hard to not evacuate the Ain Al-assad, cause this base is already equipped with patriot defense system.
نماینده عراقی از تلاش آمریکا برای ترک نکردن پایگاه «عین الاسد» خبر داد | خبرگزاری فارس

Senior Iranian diplomat, Amir Abdollahinan:
Through several mediates which arrived in Iran shortly after US terror of Gen Suleimani, Trump had promised to halt all sanctions related to him if Iran avoid it's retaliation, Americans even suggested that Iran negotiate with them about possible targets for the revenge strike, but all offers were rejected.

What a load of propaganda. Trump was going to lift all sanctions on Iran if they did not retaliate? Who believes that?

US asked for negotiations on what targets to allow to be struck in revenge? This propaganda is for the villagers in Iran who don’t know better.

Let’s not forget another Quds force General died in that car along with 3 other operatives and Quds Force General of Yemen ops was also targeted.

But we are to believe, US was “so scared” of Iranian retaliation that they went for a mega decapitation strike and crossed all red lines including rules of war and engagement.

What a load of propaganda. Trump was going to lift all sanctions on Iran if they did not retaliate? Who believes that?

US asked for negotiations on what targets to allow to be struck in revenge? This propaganda is for the villagers in Iran who don’t know better.

Let’s not forget another Quds force General died in that car along with 3 other operatives and Quds Force General of Yemen ops was also targeted.

But we are to believe, US was “so scared” of Iranian retaliation that they went for a mega decapitation strike and crossed all red lines including rules of war and engagement.
Yeah sure, all of the foreign officials who visited Iran in that time were carrying weather information.
2500 US troops were all in the shelters, the CIA bombardier was empty, basically as trump said everything is good!

Next time I will ask them to check their information with CIA trolls first!

Dont worry....if he shows footage, it will be repeated on TV until the election.....

But if you really think about it, Trump has weakened the US significatly..... it would be advantages for Iran to have Trump in office again.

what you want for your enemy is Retards for president for ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom