What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

1398112013140397719630844.jpg

So with the Salman, Iran has become a missile power with flex nozzle technology.

Salman is a good second or third stage for a light ICBM.

Iran has defacto displayed full ICBM tech.

Big first stage boosters visible via satellite
Flex nozzle >1m dia. casing carbon/graphite casing.

Both combined means a ICBM, a very compact an mobile one.

Why the silly name games ? Why didn't they just call it Fateh-500 ? LOL Everytime they upgrade something they have to give it a new name ? And why is it that they call everything Raad, Saeqeh or Toofan ? Iran should upgrade the Khorramshahr missiles into an IRBM that can cover all of Europe. They should call it the "Soleimani" missile.

A new composite body missile 'Raad-500' has been unveiled: https://tn.ai/2199357
It has half the weight of the 'Fateh-110' but 200 km longer range and uses a composite engine called 'Zoheir'.

Fateh 110 had a range of 300 correct ? Zolfaqar's range was up to 700 km. They're stating that they've extended the range by 200 km ? So would that mean 900 km ? judging by the name I'm assuming it has a range of 500 km, so less than the Zolfaqar ? If it does weigh less than previous versions though, that means it can carry a larger warhead I'm assuming ?

A new composite body missile 'Raad-500' has been unveiled: https://tn.ai/2199357
It has half the weight of the 'Fateh-110' but 200 km longer range and uses a composite engine called 'Zoheir'.

If it does weigh less than previous versions though, that means it can carry a larger warhead I'm assuming ?
well to me it seems smaller than fateh. so actually it's warhead might be smaller than fateh class missiles.
i'm not an expert but i remember that israeli expert said before that fateh class is made to target SAMs, considering this missile thrust vectoring capability it should be a real anti air defense missile.

Iran Raad-500 solid propellant, produce surface-to-surface ballistic missile and Third stage maneuverable nozzle solid propellant, of Intercontinental ballistic missile with a small radar cross-sectional area, enhance the maneuverability of missiles to defeat missile defense systems dubbed Salaman

in a ceremony in Tehran, IRGC Commander Major General Hossein Salami and Commander of the IRGC Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh inaugurated an assembly line producing “Ra’ad-500” (thunder-500) missiles equipped with an advanced composite engine dubbed “Zohair”.
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...veils-new-missile-with-composite-engine-video

It seems like warhead separates and maneuvers toward the target----as a maneuvering warhead we can assume it can overcome anti-ballistic missile defenses and hit the target with high precision

@PeeD, in regards to fateh variants down the line, do you think that Iran should go for a finless design with e.g. TVC and gas steering?

So with the Salman, Iran has become a missile power with flex nozzle technology.

Salman is a good second or third stage for a light ICBM.

Iran has defacto displayed full ICBM tech.

Big first stage boosters visible via satellite
Flex nozzle >1m dia. casing carbon/graphite casing.

Both combined means a ICBM, a very compact an mobile one.

that is by far the bigger news here today!

Iran Salman composite 3rd stage IRBM/ICBM Space propellant for defeat missile defense solid fuel ایران

listen to BS they coming out with they try to make after Hajj Qassem soleimani was martyred they started making it and with in one months they made it and it is for satellite

if it is for satellite then what is orbital transfer SUS-M ( Saman-1 ) ?? who uses solid fuel for 3rd or 2nd stage in SLV for orbital maneuver

what joke,

Last edited:
Salmon would effectively put Bases like Diego Garcia within Iran's reach using platforms already available like the Khoramshar or a 3stage version of the Sejil-2

@PeeD, in regards to fateh variants down the line, do you think that Iran should go for a finless design with e.g. TVC and gas steering?

It's a cost issue.

One could imagine paying money for such a flex nozzle system to counter exo-atmospheric systems like the THAAD.
But no: better thermal shielding + fins and a shallow attack trajectory is the solution to counter more advanced ABM.

This thing makes sense for a high value missile: A ICBM.
Or ASAT. Too large for ABM.

It's a cost issue.

One could imagine paying money for such a flex nozzle system to counter exo-atmospheric systems like the THAAD.
But no: better thermal shielding + fins and a shallow attack trajectory is the solution to counter more advanced ABM.

This thing makes sense for a high value missile: A ICBM.
Or ASAT. Too large for ABM.
I’m fishing after canister launched fateh class that could be deployed in future ships and submarines. Do you think retractable fins could be a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom