What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Why do you not think they are hiding casualties? You believe anything the US government says?
How many times do they have to lie, before you realise they are incapable of telling the truth?
Do you not remember when under Bush, they werent allowed to even photopraph US coffines coming home??!

Did you you see the severity of mutiple explosions in the video?
Did you read the NPR report saying that there were exrensive damage done to the base?

Do you think the "grab them by the pu$$y" guy is going to come and say we had over 100 deaths and over 200 injuries, in this electins year?

Keep living in a fairytale land where the US can hide 100 deaths and 200 injuries from EVERYONE.

In due time you will accept reality.

Keep living in a fairytale land where the US can hide 100 deaths and 200 injuries from EVERYONE.

Thing is there is credence in that argument though, U.S. had lied extensively and consistently about war casualties in the past and lies all the time about so many other subjects; given how things are going currently it would be prudent for him to de-escalate the situation since he doesn't seem to be the 'war' type so to speak. From my perspective it is rather clear Trump is possibly a little spooked by Iran's quick response and ability (how ever lackluster) to hit American military installations rather precisely.

I'm not categorically dismissing the notion that the U.S. had zero casualties but it is fair to assume that there is some level of deception going on.

Iran didn't want to put US in a position to not be able to back down. It showed its missile power but either gave them notice to move out or as Pentagon says avoided hitting the US troops. Result is this conciliatory tone:

https://www.rt.com/usa/477742-trump-responds-iran-strike-us-bases/

Didn't Trump say we would hit Iran hard if it even hits our infrastructure ? Well doesn't seem so. He got the message.

Iran didn't want to put US in a position to not be able to back down. It showed its missile power but either gave them notice to move out or as Pentagon says avoided hitting the US troops. Result is this conciliatory tone:

https://www.rt.com/usa/477742-trump-responds-iran-strike-us-bases/

Didn't Trump say we would hit Iran hard if it even hits our infrastructure ? Well doesn't seem so. He got the message.

If we wanna be fair, we can just say that whatever anyone wants to believe is fair game however deluded it might be (depending on your perspective). The way I see it is that this was indeed a demonstration (efficacy aside) of Iranian resolve and indigenous capability to strike back at America's most important war-time fighting ability which is their air force infrastructure and planes.

We have to remember here that Trump said, verbatim, that any Iranian retaliation would be met by a harsher American counter-response yet Trump looking rather worn out, went on television tying to de-escalate the entire thing. So I think one can be forgiven id they wanted to believe or not believe one side over the other. After-all governments lie, and they lie a lot.

Whether you want to believe America or Iran regarding how many died or got hurt is fair game, the way I see it is that Iran (hopefully) has re-established some level of deterrence against the U.S.

Thing is there is credence in that argument though, U.S. had lied extensively and consistently about war casualties in the past and lies all the time about so many other subjects; given how things are going currently it would be prudent for him to de-escalate the situation since he doesn't seem to be the 'war' type so to speak. From my perspective it is rather clear Trump is possibly a little spooked by Iran's quick response and ability (how ever lackluster) to hit American military installations rather precisely.

I'm not categorically dismissing the notion that the U.S. had zero casualties but it is fair to assume that there is some level of deception going on.

US does not hide casualties unless they are special forces or CIA agents. Israel is known to initially hide casualties because the military Has a media censor and can blackout anything it wants.

So please post proof that US hides casualties.

The not taking pictures of coffins during Iraq war was a measure of respect and to keep public opinion about the war from getting too negative.

As the old saying goes an image says a thousand words. A plane full of coffins is much more powerful than a news headline over the course of a couple weeks that say 20 soldiers died.

are you child or usa lovers ,go have photo with trump they have 200 injaurise and dont have one death.when some one sleep you can wake him up but pertending sleeping no

If we wanna be fair, we can just say that whatever anyone wants to believe is fair game however deluded it might be (depending on your perspective). The way I see it is that this was indeed a demonstration (efficacy aside) of Iranian resolve and indigenous capability to strike back at America's most important war-time fighting ability which is their air force infrastructure and planes.

We have to remember here that Trump said, verbatim, that any Iranian retaliation would be met by a harsher American counter-response yet Trump looking rather worn out, went on television tying to de-escalate the entire thing. So I think one can be forgiven id they wanted to believe or not believe one side over the other. After-all governments lie, and they lie a lot.

Whether you want to believe America or Iran regarding how many died or got hurt is fair game, the way I see it is that Iran (hopefully) has re-established some level of deterrence against the U.S.
We always said Iran's government is very measured and strategic. I think they just proved that again. This was the best answer they could have given. Reestablished their position without killing anyone. Who is the terrorist now?

Qiams were apparently used to create craters in various runway sections: A clear capability-only demonstration that means base operations can be also stopped by heavy warheads that create deep craters.

All was a IRGC-ASF capability demonstration on live U.S targets.

I wonder why some talk about 50% success rate? Any crater in no-where?

Like it or hate it, Iran did score a decent amount of hits on American targets.
Yup, and Trump was willing to back down after. Iran gave a message that in case you decide to think I am weak and you can start a war, that we can badly bomb your warfighting infrastructure in just one volley (Albeit, this volley was much less than what is required, we all know Iran can do more).

What do you think about his Asinine claim that these missiles had a CEP of 100m. Madness this man is.

What do you think about his Asinine claim that these missiles had a CEP of 100m. Madness this man is.

This Michael Elleman is widely ridiculed for his silly statements and "analysis".
His genius assumption is all of the Iranian strikes were aiming for "one point" and somehow magically still managed to target specific areas like shelters and runways etc. He think those are just coincidences I bet.

Yup, and Trump was willing to back down after. Iran gave a message that in case you decide to think I am weak and you can start a war, that we can badly bomb your warfighting infrastructure in just one volley (Albeit, this volley was much less than what is required, we all know Iran can do more).

To be fair Western military analysts in general have a bad image of Iran due to the weird and outlandish unveilings that have been periodically dolled out over years so I wanna say that many analysts just have this inherent skepticism of Iranian military equipment no matter what.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it honestly, everyone and their mothers made fun of Iranians saying they won't ever attack America since Iran is too 'weak' and 'scared' or that Iran will be 'wiped out' if they even dared to try yet here we have Iran attacking with pin-point accuracy against American targets. More over Trump painted America in a corner by saying U.S. will retaliate no matter what and yet we didn't see any counter-attack but we actually see the U.S. back-peddling in an effort to de-escalate. Let's hope this was enough to satiate both parties for now, only time can tell what going to happen. This could just be a first in a series of tit-for-tats, we don't know fully what this attack has achieved but we can surely speculate about it.

Two somewhat wild possibilities:

8-9 hits on various targets have been found so far.

If emission info on Patriot radar is correct, it's possible that some Fateh series missiles of the total of 15 were used to destroy the Patriot. It could have been stationed quite far away from the base we have satellite photos from.

The other one is the possibility that cluster warheads, were used with some Qiams. Where? Maybe of soft targets such as Helicopters which were removed before the image was taken.

Back
Top Bottom