What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

It went very easy. Because we have many missile teams and groups when it comes to design and productions.

Look orgnastions like Islamic Jahad in Palestrina or even Hezballah
They have many productions facilities and teams so every time Israel say they have asasenated this or that guy and they have killed so and so but it has zero effect on Rock and missile productions and development so
What do you think about the IRIran ???
Clearly Moghaddam was personally responsible for the biggest project(s) in Iran at the time, and it seems his entire team died in the explosion with him. Other teams would need a lot of time to catch up with his work.

Israel usually kills single commanders at any one time, this was MOghaddam and his entire team all killed in one explosion.

So I wouldn't say it's the same at all and clearly his death was a big setback. Simorgh first test was only in 2016 and since then not even one satellite was put into LEO, so we are not going to see a Qaem SLV put 400kg+ satellites into LEO/GEO any time soon... (But the solid fuel missile applications are more promising in my opinion.)

Great to see it finally.

Note the single nozzle design.

It is easier to use 2-4 nozzles in first attempts, especially for a TVC system. The Minuteman and the first large Chinese solid, the DF-21 did so.

Irans first large one, the Sedjil already had a single nozzle design and the Qaem also goes for it.

The size of the nozzle hints to a second stage engine, which means: The first stage must be even larger.

Great to see it finally.

Note the single nozzle design.

It is easier to use 2-4 nozzles in first attempts, especially for a TVC system. The Minuteman and the first large Chinese solid, the DF-21 did so.

Irans first large one, the Sedjil already had a single nozzle design and the Qaem also goes for it.

The size of the nozzle hints to a second stage engine, which means: The first stage must be even larger.
Why is multi-nozzle design easier than a single nozzle? Is it to do with the technologies needed to create a single large nozzle the can withstand the stress and heat?

Gimbaling flex- or rotating nozzles is easier/only possible with smaller ones. Manufacturing is the main issue, you need larger, more specialized machines.

Another point is the apparently steel casing: Super-high tensile strength superalloys are needed for this in the range of 1500-2000 Mpa, commonly maraging steel alloys not available on civilian steel market.
Maybe this was not yet such a flight-hardware superalloy and maybe the goal was to ultimately use a filament/carbon casing.

In his last letter to the leader, Shahid Tehrani Moghaddam talked about a fast reaction missile for use against Israel. The low-end of what this system might was is the 1000km range Dezful with its carbon epoxy casing and nozzle.

It is the ultimate fast reaction, miniaturized Israel-range missile.

Generally the design team of such missiles sit far away, at a completely different location. Only the technicians and flight/static-test engineers should have been at the site where the catastrophic event happened.

It seems to me that the solid fuel design team was unaffected and concentrated on key subsystem technologies which we now see applied in the Dezful, to be upscale to the final Qaem and its IR/IC-BM family members. In that sense Shahid Tehrani Moghaddam did the proof of concept and boost in morale that the peaks of missile technology are achievable with those early, high-risk tests.

As his brother said: His only goal was to make Iran capable to hit the U.S.

Last edited:
Why does this need repeating?

Tehrani was in his office at the time of explosion. His presence at the base was merely coincidental at time of explosion.

There was a routine movement of missile engine for testing when explosion happened igniting the other explosives.

So I am not sure why after 10 years people think that everyone was sitting around the missile waiting for a test and the explosion happened.

Also a liquid ICBM design is a bit archaic hence why Shahrud has moved on to large solid engine designs.

I don’t think Qaem will ever see the light of day. I think project was shelved similar to Ashura missile and Shahab-4. Nonetheless lessons were learned that clearly transferred to other missile designs/engines.

But a liquid fuel ICBM would eventually need to be replaced by a solid fuel anyway for true survivability and off road launch.

SLV program is dead in the water. IRGC will never transfer Qaem to space agency that is filled with western spies. It would be worse than the US parking the F-22 in an Iraqi air base filled with Shi’ite militas.

Why does this need repeating?

Tehrani was in his office at the time of explosion. His presence at the base was merely coincidental at time of explosion.

There was a routine movement of missile engine for testing when explosion happened igniting the other explosives.

So I am not sure why after 10 years people think that everyone was sitting around the missile waiting for a test and the explosion happened.

Also a liquid ICBM design is a bit archaic hence why Shahrud has moved on to large solid engine designs.

I don’t think Qaem will ever see the light of day. I think project was shelved similar to Ashura missile and Shahab-4. Nonetheless lessons were learned that clearly transferred to other missile designs/engines.

But a liquid fuel ICBM would eventually need to be replaced by a solid fuel anyway for true survivability and off road launch.

SLV program is dead in the water. IRGC will never transfer Qaem to space agency that is filled with western spies. It would be worse than the US parking the F-22 in an Iraqi air base filled with Shi’ite militas.
I live in karaj(the city near the base which explosion happened in)the estimated distance from that site and our house is 12km....i remember that day,i slept at home and trembelling in the home woke me up.......the magnitude of the explosion was hella big ...so you are right.....the magnitude was big enough to kill every one there.....

Why do we need ICBM for Europe??
IRBM will reach any European capital including London so ICBM is clearly for deferent purpose.

Iran's missiles can already reach Europe. Iran has officially capped its missile range at 2500 km, however in reality they can reach much further, as far as London.

The Khorramshahr missile for example is based on the North Korean Hwasong 10, which was probably jointly developed by both nations. The difference is that the Iranian version, the Khorramshahr missile has a shorter range, 1000–2000 km with a 1800 kg warhead, whereas the North Korean version has a longer range, 3000-4000 km with a 600-1000 kg warhead.

For Iran it's military doctrine is based on defense, which is why Iran mainly focuses on striking targets within the immediate region. Some sources claim that Iran only has 100 missile with a range of approx 2000. Personally I believe that that number is much higher. Even 100 missiles able to reach London would be a deterrent, but something like 200-500 would be more significant deterrent indeed.

In reality if Iran wanted to build an IRBM, it would not be a matter of "if" but rather "when". As I stated, it's common knowledge that Iran has been funding and co-producing missiles with the North Koreans for years, even decades. Therefore it is not unreasonable to assume that Iran has already acquired the technical know to build an IRBM, at the very least. Chances are that Iran already has a serious contingency plan in place to retaliate against various European nations. Basically if Iran is attacked by any EU nations, realistically it would not take long to modify a few Khorramshahr missiles and immediately hit targets in the heart of Europe as a major deterrent and to show the enemy that Iran does indeed have the means to retaliate. I'm personally guessing that Iran most likely even has at the very least a dozen or so Khorramshahr missiles already modified to hit cities in Europe. It would not be irrational for Iran to have that capability.

another very good news Iran has just announced that they has enhanced there cruise missiles range to a unknown number :-):tup::tup:

Hoveyzeh_cruise_missile.jpg

"The deputy minister also pointed to the latest advances in the country’s missile industry, saying the range and precision of ground-launched cruise missiles have been extended with a new digital mapping system whose testing stages will be over in the near future."

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...ss-production-of-laser-cannons-starts-in-iran

Back
Top Bottom