What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Not sure how that would work with the air intake being top-mounted.
Using a larger aircraft that has internal bays like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Iran is not hiding the exhaust pattern where as NASA is hidding it by mounting the exhaust at the top of a mountain hill slope.

Nvm, the exhaust is so big that I couldn't tell it from background.
I think at least at this stage, Iran likes to show off the burn marks.

In such expandable munitions things may appear as design flaws but are none because the low complexity of the system.
Low complexity and subsonic speeds allow for use of non-RF reflective/neutral composites and materials. These are then not according to "stealth laws" but create no RCS penalty, instead improve aerodynamics.
If it would be a more complex system, then maybe yes.
With 0.1 m^2 RCS?!

photo_%db%b2%db%b0%db%b1%db%b9-%db%b0%db%b8-%db%b2%db%b7_%db%b1%db%b4-%db%b2%db%b7-%db%b2%db%b7.jpg

Should be possible to turn a C-130 to have internal bays for cruise missiles.
Iran has already tested dropping bombs using the C-130, which means that the plane should be able to release the cruise missile the same way at high altitude, and then the missile would start its engine and then dive towards earth, gaining speed and lowering its altitude, then fly until it reaches its target.
DNjeiJuW0AAm76o.jpg

Iran has already tested dropping bombs using the C-130, which means that the plane should be able to release the cruise missile the same way at high altitude, and then the missile would start its engine and then dive towards earth, gaining speed and lowering its altitude, then fly until it reaches its target.View attachment 576409
I think fitting it with wing pylons would be an easier answer.
Air-Launched-Cruise.jpg

Mobin cruise missile

2586552.jpg
Now that I look at it it kind of reminds me of an upside down Storm Shadow.
RAF_Museum%2C_Colindale%2C_London_-_DSC06025.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom