What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

no what i mentioned in my post was said by a US missile analysis they said the burn scars are from a engine that can power a missile like minuteman iii ICBM ( Qhaem SLV ).
I meant where did you get that picture showing new engine test? I cannot find it anywhere!

New iranian cruise missile: "Mobin".
Maximum Range: 450km;
Weight:670kg;
Warhead:120kg

EC9-DjlWsAAhw1V

EC9-zG5WsAYpaae

stealth cruise missile it has the B-2 RCS.

stealthy cruise missiles, could approach air defenses to within 108 km before being detected. If such missiles traveled at a speed of 805 km per hour (500 miles per hour), air defenses would have only eight minutes to engage and destroy the stealthy missile and 17 minutes for the nonstealthy missile. Furthermore, a low-observable LACM can be difficult to engage and destroy, even if detected. Cruise missiles with an RCS of 0.1 m2 or smaller are difficult for surface-to-air missile (SAM) fire-control radars to track. Consequently, even if a SAM battery detects the missile, it may not acquire a sufficient lock on the target to complete the intercept.

I meant where did you get that picture showing new engine test? I cannot find it anywhere!
oh yes from that post you showed me

stealthy cruise missiles, could approach air defenses to within 108 km before being detected. If such missiles traveled at a speed of 805 km per hour (500 miles per hour), air defenses would have only eight minutes to engage and destroy the stealthy missile and 17 minutes for the nonstealthy missile. Furthermore, a low-observable LACM can be difficult to engage and destroy, even if detected. Cruise missiles with an RCS of 0.1 m2 or smaller are difficult for surface-to-air missile (SAM) fire-control radars to track. Consequently, even if a SAM battery detects the missile, it may not acquire a sufficient lock on the target to complete the intercept.

Tomahawk has 0.5m2 RCS (but is 2x weight/size, but similar speed around 0.7 mach).

I can't find that image anywhere else, so I'm not sure about it...

also these missiles fly low so it will make it even harder to counter them.

Tomahawk has 0.5m2 RCS (but is 2x weight/size, but similar speed around 0.7 mach).

I can't find that image anywhere else, so I'm not sure about it...

well its our first try no harm, and yes grater speeds gives less time to engage and destroy the stealth missile.

burn marks are there from 2017 too. here

rocket-test-site_annotated.png

@PeeD bro why the top burn mark is going to right do you see the angle too? it was not there from 2017 so its a new engine maybe?

ECla5ykXoAEVYSL.jpg

also these missiles fly low so it will make it even harder to counter them.

indeed but what is more interesting is that with what materials did we built it and can we use it in Qaher-313 for if this or this is the same materials?

Mobin cruise missile

2586552.jpg

MAKS 2019 Russia Exhibition

here you can see pictures of the Fotras, Ababil-3, Mohajer-6 drones and the Mobin Cruise missile in Iran's booth at the MAKS 2019 Russia Exhibition.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/987599/فیلم-پهپادهای-ایرانی-حاضر-در-نمایشگاه-ماکس-2019

https://www.telexiran.com/ویدیو/اخبار-ویدیویی/فناوری/آغاز-به-کار-نمایشگاه-هوایی-روسیه

Very nice design and RCS level for the Mobin, most notable feature: engine exhaust ist shielded by the two vertical stabilizers and from below too by the extended surface. No hot metal parts exposed except for a quite narrow angle.
Top engine intake also improves RCS against ground based radars.
So the Mobin not only is optimized against RF spectrum but special care was taken to rude IR spectrum too.

The release of it might be connected to Israel and Hezbollah.

@PeeD bro why the top burn mark is going to right do you see the angle too? it was not there from 2017 so its a new engine maybe?

Looks like an angle yes. Maybe the TVC system had a malfunction in that case or just a optical illusion.
TVC testing is one of the main goals of such tests. That's also a reason why so many are needed, beside vibration, fuel mixture/shaping and mechanical strength issues.

Glad to see TERCOM plus DSMAC confirmed in the Mobin from Iranian side... there was always some fear that they would trust in GPS due to the lack or those two. Its the basis for all other Iranian CMs.
I remember the IRIAF Kite system back in the days and although this almost certainly a ground launched system, the step from kite to Mobin is immense.
Israelis like their ground launched Delilah CMs with its miniature warheads, the Mobin joins that game.

Very nice design and RCS level for the Mobin, most notable feature: engine exhaust ist shielded by the two vertical stabilizers and from below too by the extended surface. No hot metal parts exposed except for a quite narrow angle.
Top engine intake also improves RCS against ground based radars.
So the Mobin not only is optimized against RF spectrum but special care was taken to rude IR spectrum too.

The release of it might be connected to Israel and Hezbollah.
Many obvious design flaws, seems for export only!

Many obvious design flaws, seems for export only!

In such expandable munitions things may appear as design flaws but are none because the low complexity of the system.
Low complexity and subsonic speeds allow for use of non-RF reflective/neutral composites and materials. These are then not according to "stealth laws" but create no RCS penalty, instead improve aerodynamics.
If it would be a more complex system, then maybe yes.

Back
Top Bottom