What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Emad is 500 Meters and that's straight from Iran's own Defense minister at the time (Dehghan)!
Actually the only reference I could find to the claim of a 500m cep was not from deghan but from the rather notorious anthony cordesman whose shall we say inaccuracies regarding irans missile forces are a matter of public record,I personally would take anything from him and indeed from most of the western right wing think tank "experts" with a very large helping of sodium chloride,but if you do have an actual link to deghan stating this himself then please by all means post it as I would certainly like to see it.

The most accurate version of the Pershing-2 used terrain counter mapping using an active radar & to do that you need space based sats to draw info from or Aircrafts that have previously mapped the area to give you info so how many Sat's did the U.S. have up in mid 70's & 80's vs how many we have up today???
Also, just because it has a proclaimed accuracy of 100 ft doesn't make it true! Your talking about a missile that's traveling at almost "3000 meters per second" so the processing power required to hit something with an accuracy of 30 meters at that speed was not there even for the U.S. in the 80's & I don't care what they claim fact is it's nothing but fiction! You talking about a ballistic missile built a decade before the Tomahawk with a CEP more accurate than the Tomahawk moving at speeds 10X faster than the Tomahawk I call that FICTION! and Propaganda!
The pershing 2 did indeed use radar based tercom as its target acquisition method and yes back in the mid 70s to get those radar maps you needed aircraft or sats,however that is certainly not the case today as it is possible to use high quality topographical maps instead,indeed without this very same capability irans new soumar and ya ali cruise missiles would probably have to depend either on gps/glonass or purely on inertial guidance.
As for the pershing 2 accuracy I see no real reason to doubt it,the americans extensively tested it before putting it into service and its not like it was having to hit a moving target either,you can see a clip of how it actually works here:
http://www.efootage.com/stock-footage/20142/Pershing_Ii_Missile_Guidance_System_Animation/
in addition the cruise missile,both alcm and tomahawk,were also from that very same time period as the pershing 2 ie the early to mid 70s,at around this time the americans were becoming more interested in the possibility of so called decapitation strikes which would have required much better accuracy than the previous systems possessed but fortunately several new technologies and improved guidance systems became available at around the same time to make this possible.The soviets certainly took this possibility very seriously and viewed both the pershing 2 and the cruise missile with alarm.Another us weapon from the same time period which also demonstrated extreme accuracy for the time was the mx missile/peacekeeper icbm which had a cep of between 90-120m[!!] by comparison the soviet icbm force had a cep of between 400-800m+.

1st It doesn't much matter if it's passive or NOT & Iran proved it when they hacked the RQ-170! 2ndly Right now Google maps can detect and give you real time traffic patterns using GPS installed on your cellphone and they can do it because GPS systems that are readily available are anything BUT passive to the people operating the sats! So yes it's passive but only to the people that aren't operating those sat's and are only secure if their ID information or location haven't been compromised
We dont actually know exactly how the rq-170 or the other drones were captured,the gps spoofing was just one of the most popular theories and had been tested against simple drones in the us and found to be possible.
Gps receivers are passive but cell phones are not they are active emitters even when you are not actually using them to talk to someone and would be a potential security risk regardless of any gps component.

20142.mov

where is your source about sardar dehghan maybe we dont read mashregh or tasnim you story run away from me
and you say they make 0ne or 2 with pinpoint capability and other 500 cep its new and interesting idea they are some people even see with you own eyes in one meter far from them but they dont believe and say prapa....
but when say something about something like that say you source are west side not iranian if you dont believe in our source iranian source what are you doing in iran forum read it
یوزی رابین از کارشناسان برجسته دفاع موشکی رژیم صهیونیستی در این باره می گوید: "ایرانی ها توان نصب بالک ها روی موشکهای بالستیک را داشته و می توانند با استفاده از قابلیت، دقت موشک های خود را شدیدا افزایش داده و موشکی با برد 2000 کیلومتر با توان حمله دقیق داشته باشند. "

سردار دهقان با اشاره به راهبرد وزارت دفاع در توسعه و تکمیل توان موشکی نیروهای مسلح و افزایش قدرت بازدارندگی موثر جمهوری اسلامی ایران گفت: این موشک که تمامی مراحل طراحی وساخت آن توسط دانشمندان و متخصصان سازمان صنایع هوافضای وزارت دفاع صورت پذیرفته است،

نخستین موشک دوربرد جمهوری اسلامی ایران با قابلیت هدایت و کنترل تا لحظه اصابت به هدف است که قادر است اهداف مورد نظر را با دقت بالا مورد اصابت قرار داده بطور کامل منهدم کند.

حتما شما به 500 متر میگی دقیق پس غیر دقیق شما چقدره خدا میدونه

Harchi dost dari bavar kon! Hagheeghat hamooneh keh goftam lakeen agar donbal eani keh delet khosh bosheh, pass ghabool, deghatesh hamooni e keh tow gofti!

Without a proper guidance system a ballistic missiles with 2000km range will probably have a CEP of over 10km

A Scud A at 180km had a CEP of 3km So when you hear 1st generation Fatteh at 250km had a CEP of 750 meters then yes comparatively it was an accurate missile!

So yes 500 meters at almost 2000km away with a ballistic missile for a country that doesn't have various space based assets is accurate especially since your other missiles have a CEP that's twice that! So multiple hits within 500meters with large warheads that probably have about 100 meter blast radius or more depending on the warhead can decimate a power plant, refinery, depot,.... so you can target vital infrastructure of a country!

So if you were to drop 20 ballistic missiles on 100 vital facilities (2000 missiles) even with 500 meter CEP that would create havoc and destruction you need to allow your cruise missiles, UAV's, UCAV will come in to assess damage and takeout targets more accurately with a focus on SAM's, radars & communication making room for your fighters or bombers to come in and take out command, underground facilities, heavily fortified bunkers, wipe out airbases...

How they were able to copy the russian Iskander missile?
Pin point accuracy with an 800km range missile!
The quetsion is, was the target 800km away or much less, and if GPS was used.

Harchi dost dari bavar kon! Hagheeghat hamooneh keh goftam lakeen agar donbal eani keh delet khosh bosheh, pass ghabool, deghatesh hamooni e keh tow gofti!

Without a proper guidance system a ballistic missiles with 2000km range will probably have a CEP of over 10km

A Scud A at 180km had a CEP of 3km So when you hear 1st generation Fatteh at 250km had a CEP of 750 meters then yes comparatively it was an accurate missile!

So yes 500 meters at almost 2000km away with a ballistic missile for a country that doesn't have various space based assets is accurate especially since your other missiles have a CEP that's twice that! So multiple hits within 500meters with large warheads that probably have about 100 meter blast radius or more depending on the warhead can decimate a power plant, refinery, depot,.... so you can target vital infrastructure of a country!

So if you were to drop 20 ballistic missiles on 100 vital facilities (2000 missiles) even with 500 meter CEP that would create havoc and destruction you need to allow your cruise missiles, UAV's, UCAV will come in to assess damage and takeout targets more accurately with a focus on SAM's, radars & communication making room for your fighters or bombers to come in and take out command, underground facilities, heavily fortified bunkers, wipe out airbases...[/QUOTE
مسله دل خوشی نی مشکل اطلاعات غلط جناب عالی که از دهان سر دار دهقان میگی و هیچ جا وجود ندازه اطلاعات شما در باره 500 متر دقت از سایت های خارجی نه دهقان
بهتر وقتی حرفی میزنی براش دلیل بیاری نه ملغته کنی و حرف بپیچونی به دل خوشی من اگه به اطلاعات ایرانی تبلیغات میدونی غربی ها که دروغ گوی مادر زاد هستن

masale delkhoshi man ni moshkel etelaat ghalatye ke shoma azdahan sardar dehghan migi ke hich ja ni age harfi mizani barash dalil byar na malghate kon va bepichonesh be del khoshi baghye
age manabe irani tablighate gharbi ha ke madar zad dar mored iran irani dorogh go hastan va be etelaateshon aslan etebari ni

Actually the only reference I could find to the claim of a 500m cep was not from deghan but from the rather notorious anthony cordesman whose shall we say inaccuracies regarding irans missile forces are a matter of public record,I personally would take anything from him and indeed from most of the western right wing think tank "experts" with a very large helping of sodium chloride,but if you do have an actual link to deghan stating this himself then please by all means post it as I would certainly like to see it.

The pershing 2 did indeed use radar based tercom as its target acquisition method and yes back in the mid 70s to get those radar maps you needed aircraft or sats,however that is certainly not the case today as it is possible to use high quality topographical maps instead,indeed without this very same capability irans new soumar and ya ali cruise missiles would probably have to depend either on gps/glonass or purely on inertial guidance.
As for the pershing 2 accuracy I see no real reason to doubt it,the americans extensively tested it before putting it into service and its not like it was having to hit a moving target either,you can see a clip of how it actually works here:
http://www.efootage.com/stock-footage/20142/Pershing_Ii_Missile_Guidance_System_Animation/
in addition the cruise missile,both alcm and tomahawk,were also from that very same time period as the pershing 2 ie the early to mid 70s,at around this time the americans were becoming more interested in the possibility of so called decapitation strikes which would have required much better accuracy than the previous systems possessed but fortunately several new technologies and improved guidance systems became available at around the same time to make this possible.The soviets certainly took this possibility very seriously and viewed both the pershing 2 and the cruise missile with alarm.Another us weapon from the same time period which also demonstrated extreme accuracy for the time was the mx missile/peacekeeper icbm which had a cep of between 90-120m[!!] by comparison the soviet icbm force had a cep of between 400-800m+.

We dont actually know exactly how the rq-170 or the other drones were captured,the gps spoofing was just one of the most popular theories and had been tested against simple drones in the us and found to be possible.
Gps receivers are passive but cell phones are not they are active emitters even when you are not actually using them to talk to someone and would be a potential security risk regardless of any gps component.

20142.mov

Trust me 500 meters came straight from Dehgan himself and other media outlets picked up on it because it's a more realistic and accurate figure!

And you keep comparing Iran with the U.S. in the 80's with complete disregard to how many Sat's U.S. had up in the mid 70's & 80's
And it doesn't matter what type of guidance systems U.S. put on the Pershing-2 because without the processing power to go with it, it's just not possible because you talking about a projectile that's moving at over 2.5Km per second so your not going to hit a 30 meter CEP that's even better than the accuracy on the early versions of the Tomahawk
Also another indication that 30 meters is BS is the fact that they canceled the earth penetrator versions & only kept the nukes version & if your using nukes you can claim whatever you want 30 meters 200 meters it doesn't much matter does it?
And that missile didn't even last a decade in the U.S. military so I wouldn't say it was very successful

As for the RQ-170 your missing the point! Faking a GPS signal is a lot simpler for countries like U.S. & Israel than it is for Iran regardless of how the RQ-170 was downed
As for cellphones normal cellphones don't transmit anything into space! I'm not sure how they do it but if I was to guess I would say all they need is the specific log time a signal was transmitted to a specific ID in their registry I spose it's the same way a sat radio distinguishes user ID they don't need your car to transmit anything into deep space
And if they were so careless to allow signal to go out without an ID or registry then any country could just use their systems and other countries wouldn't need to bother with developing their own GPS or LPS systems because all your doing is calculating distance by measuring the time it takes for signals traveling at a fixed speed to reach you from a fixed location in space
And even if you were to assume that they are completely passive in terms of detection they sure as hell aren't secure so you might as well build your own signal to send to calculate & make sure your on the correct trajectory for the first 5 min of launch that way you wont have to worry about GPS spoofing
Which again makes what the Israeli General was saying about Iran using $50 GPS receivers absolute nonsense!

How they were able to copy the russian Iskander missile?
Pin point accuracy with an 800km range missile!
The quetsion is, was the target 800km away or much less, and if GPS was used.

Its not a copy of the iskander,tho it does bare a close resemblance but there are differences as well so I think it was certainly inspired by the iskander,heres a pic of them side by side.Iskander has only been exported to 2 other countries and that was only within the last few years,also these would likely be the E model with a 280km range,so it seems unlikely that the rok could have acquired any to copy.
corea%2Bdel%2Bsur%2Bmisil%2BHyunmoo-2B%2Bvs%2Biskander.jpg

As for guidance,well if its anything like the iskander it probably uses a gps/glonass aided ins with something like radar[tercom] or optical for the terminal phase of the attack.As for how far away the targets were I couldnt say but south korea isnt huge and they`re also fairly close to japan as well so I`d have some doubts about full range flights although they could do what the dprk dprk does and loft them instead,tho the latest test appears to be from a barge so they appear to be firing them out to sea like the dprk does.

Hello friends. Today, Khorramshahr missile was unveiled. Khorramshahr is the newest long-range missile unveiled by Iran, with a range of 2,000 kilometers and the warhead weight is 1.8 tons. Remember that by decreasing the weight of the warhead , the range of missile will increase.
جدیدترین موشک بالستیک ایران با نام "خرمشهر" رونمایی شد + تصاویر
شناسه خبر: 1526340 سرویس: سیاسی
۳۱ شهريور ۱۳۹۶ - ۱۰:۲۰

جدیدترین موشک بالستیک ایران با نام "خرمشهر" در مراسم رژه نیروهای مسلح رونمایی شد.
به گزارش خبرنگار دفاعی خبرگزاری تسنیم، جدیدترین موشک بالستیک ایران، دقایقی پیش در مراسم رژه نیروهای مسلح در تهران با حضور مقامات عالی‌رتبه نظامی رونمایی شد.

این موشک بالستیک خرمشهر نام دارد ولی هیچ ویژگی یا مشخصاتی از آن تا این لحظه منتشر نشده است.

1396063110231820211999624.jpg
1396063110210762311999594.jpg

As I predicted, the Khorramshahr missile is a thick, single stage soild fuel missile with a sufficient throw weight for several warheads.
It packs the flexibility of expensive solid fuel missiles, remains below 2000km but delivers several warheads instead of one, this compensates the higher cost of the missile and likely makes the overall missile system significantly cheaper than a Ghadr or Emad.

Great system if it is that and not just a submunition warhead. Lets wait for more details.

the missile is cold launching missile and the TEL which is in images curring the Khorramshahr missile cannot launch this missile , you just need to look at rear of the missile for proof ,

what does that tell you ?? and guess what ? they said the magic number 2000KM range, but in realty ............., and they going to say it is conventional missile, because of UNSCR 2231

meaning the BS continues

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom