What's new

Iran-Turkey:Battle for Hegemony

But lol, Iran > Pakistan? No.

Turkey is probably better than Pakistan, but I can only think of that Muslim country, and about 10 other countries which are better than our military.

Iran doesn't come close, so keep filling your happy imagination up.

1.) USA
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) France
6.) Japan
7.) United Kingdom
8.) Germany
9.) Turkey
10.) Israel

11.) Pakistan

Iran is about 16ish.
At least,If you accept US records you'll see they say Iran is 12 and Pak is 16.And of course Germany is 13.

Lets face it until Turkey Iran Pakistan can produce high tech or have free access to high tech weapons we are just masturbating. we need to develop our industries and get to that stage I know all three countries are trying and well on their way. we need maybe more joint ventures and transfer of tech between the three countries

Turkey is far far ahead of both.

Turkey has developed ALCM currently. Range is decent for air launched strikes.

Turkey also has plans for SLAM with range up to 2500 km.

Here; Turkey's countdown for long range missiles /TRT-English

Amazing thing is that this is an indigenous program of Turkish Defence Industry.

Ballistic missile developments are top-secret in Turkey, for example they developed TR-122s in 1995s, still there is no clear data about it.

@ Hossein2

Your assessment is inadequate.

Turkish military is arguably the best in the whole Islamic world in modern times. It has decent budget, numbers, and quality equipment to back its reputation. Do not underestimate it.

Commandos and special forces have specialized roles in military operations. They cannot be used to determine the capability of the whole military of any nation.

And the importance of air supermacy is as much relevant in modern times as it has been during World Wars, if not more. Turkey can arm its F-16s with cruise missiles, which can be used to take out long range SAM from a distance. An example is SOM Cruise Missile. Turkey is mass producing this missile. Never underestimate the importance of air power in warfare.
Listen my friend,I never underestimated Turkey as a good army.But I say it is too similar to Iran army before revolution.A huge and strong army using modern equipment.But If the west stops selling them weapons,what would happen?It can fight for a short time well but It will lose it's main equipment for the rest of a real war.Just take a look at Iran army before revolution.It was quite strong since the west supported them!And after revolution you saw what happened to the army.Everyone would say that Iraq is more powerful than Iran since most of the powers supported them with their equipment and money.But they lost.
You are right about air superiority.Alright I accepted Turkey air force is more powerful.What about land force and navy?

Listen my friend,I never underestimated Turkey as a good army.But I say it is too similar to Iran army before revolution.A huge and strong army using modern equipment.But If the west stops selling them weapons,what would happen?It can fight for a short time well but It will lose it's main equipment for the rest of a real war.Just take a look at Iran army before revolution.It was quite strong since the west supported them!And after revolution you saw what happened to the army.Everyone would say that Iraq is more powerful than Iran since most of the powers supported them with their equipment and money.But they lost.
You are right about air superiority.Alright I accepted Turkey air force is more powerful.What about land force and navy?

Mate, do your homework, our navy is superior and land forces are almost same.

No,you are completely wrong.If you want to compare equipment,Our navy is quite modern.I know that we have some old warships but most of the equipment is modern and high tech.We produce whatever we need in navy and they are quite modern.That's the same about land

No,you are completely wrong.If you want to compare equipment,Our navy is quite modern.I know that we have some old warships but most of the equipment is modern and high tech.We produce whatever we need in navy and they are quite modern.That's the same about land
And I have done my homework.Don't worry!

And I have done my homework.Don't worry!

Kid, you are constructing a 1970s British-designed ship(1400 tonnes) and classify it a destroyer. We designed a brand new ship with stealth ability and classify it a corvette. Your goverment just wants to do internal propaganda while ours want to establish national defence industry.

To everyone may concern:

For showing the glory of an army, there is no need to shutdown the other nations!

As a conclusion, Islamic governments spend billions of $ in defense arena, just for invading each other! May be God save us!

Kid, you are constructing a 1970s British-designed ship(1400 tonnes) and classify it a destroyer. We designed a brand new ship with stealth ability and classify it a corvette. Your goverment just wants to do internal propaganda while ours want to establish national defence industry.
If you don't know I'll tell you:There are many items concerning a ship to be a destroyer.One of them is it's size!The most Important one is fire power and that's why we call it a destroyer.We have 3 heavy destroyers(considering size) that you don't have! We have great Kilo submarines that you don't have.We have our own mini-submarines that you can't build and we have started to build 1500 tons submarines that you can't imagine!The missiles that we have almost the US doesn't have the same.
And you know about marines then I don't give extra explanation.

Bro, I greatly admire Iranian determination. No matter what, Iranians always seem determined. This is good thing. This is why Iranians are trying to develop indigenous defence industry. But Turkey is also doing the same regardless of access to cutting-edge technology. Though complete independence is out of question for both nations even in the long run. :)

Turkish military is modern in all fronts; Army; Air force; and Navy.

Yes, I understand that sanctions have adversely hit Iranian security requirements. Sanctions are never good for any nation. Iranian military certainly used to be modern during pre-revolution period.

If you don't know I'll tell you:There are many items concerning a ship to be a destroyer.One of them is it's size!The most Important one is fire power and that's why we call it a destroyer.We have 3 heavy destroyers(considering size) that you don't have! We have great Kilo submarines that you don't have.We have our own mini-submarines that you can't build and we have started to build 1500 tons submarines that you can't imagine!The missiles that we have almost the US doesn't have the same.
And you know about marines then I don't give extra explanation.
Dear gerizekali,

Our ship is bigger, heavier and also have more firepower. But we are not classifying it as a destroyer. Turkish shipbuilding industry ranked 4th, we can build ships that Iranians dream of.

Back
Top Bottom