What's new

Iran-Turkey:Battle for Hegemony

If you don't know I'll tell you:There are many items concerning a ship to be a destroyer.One of them is it's size!The most Important one is fire power and that's why we call it a destroyer.We have 3 heavy destroyers(considering size) that you don't have!
Bro, size is determined by mass of the object and not just equipment. Iranian destroyers are actually frigates by global standards.

We have great Kilo submarines that you don't have.We have our own mini-submarines that you can't build and we have started to build 1500 tons submarines that you can't imagine!
Iranian Naval requirements are different from that of Turkey.

And Turkey is already operating 1500 tons class submarines. Here is link: Submarines «

The missiles that we have almost the US doesn't have the same.
US is far far ahead in missile technology in comparison to most nations in the world. Only Russia competes with US in this aspect.

Bro, I greatly admire Iranian determination. No matter what, Iranians always seem determined. This is good thing. This is why Iranians are trying to develop indigenous defence industry. But Turkey is also doing the same regardless of access to cutting-edge technology. Though complete independence is out of question for both nations even in the long run. :)

Turkish military is modern in all fronts; Army; Air force; and Navy.

Yes, I understand that sanctions have adversely hit Iranian security requirements. Sanctions are never good for any nation. Iranian military certainly used to be modern during pre-revolution period.
But it couldn't be as capable as now bro!The talk is between good and better not good and bad!You are right but sanctions awaken countries to be self sufficient.It can't be predicted when such powers stop helping a country!I think if we consider all the aspects we deduce Iran is a bit better.

But it couldn't be as capable as now bro!The talk is between good and better not good and bad!You are right but sanctions awaken countries to be self sufficient.It can't be predicted when such powers stop helping a country!I think if we consider all the aspects we deduce Iran is a bit better.

Can you proof that Iranian shipbuilding is better than ours? I'm curious about it.

Dear gerizekali,

Our ship is bigger, heavier and also have more firepower. But we are not classifying it as a destroyer. Turkish shipbuilding industry ranked 4th, we can build ships that Iranians dream of.
How it would have more fire power?Can your ship carry eight missiles with more than 0.5 ton war head?Does it have 76mm guns with the rate of fire 2 bullets per second?Does it have the strongest and fastest torpedo with 100 meters per second speed?So you see ours is quite better and you will dream it!

How it would have more fire power?Can your ship carry eight missiles with more than 0.5 ton war head?Does it have 76mm guns with the rate of fire 2 bullets per second?Does it have the strongest and fastest torpedo with 100 meters per second speed?So you see ours is quite better and you will dream it!

Again, you've failed. I show some stats:

So called "firepower":

Iranian "Destroyer" Jamaran:

Displacement: 1,500 tonnes
Length: 95 meters (310 foot)[1]

While in Turkey(Milgem class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Displacement: 2,300 tonnes
Length: 99.56 m

Quite a destroyer I must say.

Milgem: Armament:
Guns:
1 x 76 mm (retractable for lower radar cross section, guidance by fire control radar and electro-optical systems), A position
2 x 12.7 mm Aselsan STAMP Stabilized Machine Gun Platform (guidance by Laser/IR/TV and electro-optical systems, automatic and manual modes), B position
Anti-surface missiles:
8 x Harpoon
Anti-aircraft missiles:
21 x RAM (PDMS)
Mk.41 VLS for ESSM (TF-100 class)
Torpedoes:
2 x 324 mm Mk.32 triple launchers for Mk.46 torpedoes

Jamaran: Armament:
missiles, torpedoes, modern naval cannons[7]
1 × 76 mm DP rapid fire auto-cannon
1 × Fath 40 mm AA cannon; Bofors copy
4 × SSMs C-802 / Noor[8]
2 × crew served 20 mm Oerlikon cannons
2 × triple 324 mm light torpedoes
4 × Fajr SAMs; SM-1 copy

As you can see, our ship is heavier, bigger and also have more armaments. But, the topic is over for me, because you are a kid who doesn't understand a damn.

Bro, size is determined by mass of the object and not just equipment. Iranian destroyers are actually frigates by global standards.
Bro,we have Artimis destroyers that are considered as destroyers by US.

And Turkey is already operating 1500 tons class submarines. Here is link: Submarines «
Our kilo submarines have 3000 tons weight!

US is far far ahead in missile technology in comparison to most nations in the world. Only Russia competes with US in this aspect.
Yes but not at sea!US doesn't have ballistic anti ship missiles with 3 mach speed!I think only Iran and Russia have the fastest torpedo. And many other things.

Again, you've failed. I show some stats:

Milgem: Armament:
Guns:
1 x 76 mm (retractable for lower radar cross section, guidance by fire control radar and electro-optical systems), A position
2 x 12.7 mm Aselsan STAMP Stabilized Machine Gun Platform (guidance by Laser/IR/TV and electro-optical systems, automatic and manual modes), B position
Anti-surface missiles:
8 x Harpoon
Anti-aircraft missiles:
21 x RAM (PDMS)
Mk.41 VLS for ESSM (TF-100 class)
Torpedoes:
2 x 324 mm Mk.32 triple launchers for Mk.46 torpedoes

Jamaran: Armament:
missiles, torpedoes, modern naval cannons[7]
1 × 76 mm DP rapid fire auto-cannon
1 × Fath 40 mm AA cannon; Bofors copy
4 × SSMs C-802 / Noor[8]
2 × crew served 20 mm Oerlikon cannons
2 × triple 324 mm light torpedoes
4 × Fajr SAMs; SM-1 copy

As you can see, our ship is heavier, bigger and also have more armaments. But, the topic is over for me, because you are a kid who doesn't understand a damn.
First it was for examination that it had 4 noor missiles and we have changed them recently having 8 Qader missiles much more better than Harpoon!You don't have to mention 12.7mm guns. There are always such guns in our ships but we don't mention them.Just have a small survey about Hoot torpedoes and what they do to aircraft carriers!

Bro we also have 3000 tons Kilos(submarines) .We have also some heavy Artimis warships that US considers as destroyers.You see?We don't have anything less than Turkey at sea.

You are right about air superiority.Alright I accepted Turkey air force is more powerful.What about land force and navy?

If you accept that Turkey is superier regarding airforce, It means you will accept Land Forces which is being supplied by domestic defence systems, Navy that most of the ships are domestically constructed in Turkish shipyards are also great and far better (especially Naval industry and Forces) . No need to mention state of art subsystems to be integrated on surface fleets...

Can you proof that Iranian shipbuilding is better than ours? I'm curious about it.
Yes I can prove:keeping old ships operational till now even with sanctions.constructing Nahang and Ghadir mini-submarines without the help of any one.Changing ships pieces according to the bad condition of Persian Gulf.Repairing and keeping Kilos operating because of salty water of region.Manufacturing without the help of anyone.Even Russia didn't sell us 3 Sovermeny destroyers.
Hey,it doesn't have honor if you build ships when NATO hasn't sanctioned you and helps you build that.

Yes I can prove:keeping old ships operational till now even with sanctions.constructing Nahang and Ghadir mini-submarines without the help of any one.Changing ships pieces according to the bad condition of Persian Gulf.Repairing and keeping Kilos operating because of salty water of region.Manufacturing without the help of anyone.Even Russia didn't sell us 3 Sovermeny destroyers.
Hey,it doesn't have honor if you build ships when NATO hasn't sanctioned you and helps you build that.

Turkey ranked 4th behind China, Japan and SK in terms of shipbuilding industry. You are talking without proof or source.

If you accept that Turkey is superier regarding airforce, It means you will accept Land Forces which is being supplied by domestic defence systems, Navy that most of the ships are domestically constructed in Turkish shipyards are also great and far better (especially Naval industry and Forces) . No need to mention state of art subsystems to be integrated on surface fleets...
Come on boy!Which domestic defence systems?We also have our own modern land and sea equipment.You don't have our naval missiles,big submarines,huge destroyers,such of ours speed boats,and I don't know whether you have mini-subs.
In land You can't build a tank like ours,anti-tank missiles like Toophan-5 and many other things.Consider the missile that Hezbollah used against Merkava tanks was Toophan-3 or 4.

Bro we also have 3000 tons Kilos(submarines) .We have also some heavy Artimis warships that US considers as destroyers.You see?We don't have anything less than Turkey at sea.

In comparison, There isn't a factor like "You have one, Look at here We have also one in same class".

There is a fact that Most of your systems come from old which is being tried to be upgradd in home to keep them more years at inventory under sanctions or copy 1960 Soviet or USA tech (because There isn't other way, Development is something different). In this aspect, For example, While Your thermal systems use LWIR detector technologies, Turkey would have already been developed 2 generation ahead of LWIR technology called QWIP systems whose detection and resolution is far better than older generaton. In this circumstance, It is no mean to compare both as equal because LWIR don't have any chance against QWIP in 21. century...

That was just an example. If you don't have knowledge enough to counter the enemy systems with your technology, No need to construct/build/develop a thing to be called as x thing developer.

Come on boy!Which domestic defence systems?We also have our own modern land and sea equipment.You don't have our naval missiles,big submarines,huge destroyers,such of ours speed boats,and I don't know whether you have mini-subs.
In land You can't build a tank like ours,anti-tank missiles like Toophan-5 and many other things.Consider the missile that Hezbollah used against Merkava tanks was Toophan-3 or 4.

PDF isn't a place for me to teach the boys about Turkish defence industry. At least, Go to Turkish defence section and type something to get usefull information to learn How advanced Turkish defence industry is in terms of naval/land technologies instead of talking nonsense like that...

Why do you want to go on the aggressive when you know damn well that your opinions are in the minority. btw the founder of Pakistan was a shia was he not a man revered by most Pakistanis??

Why you want to derail every thread with your anti Iranian tirade. After all they are Muslims also

The founder of Pakistan was Shia, not Iranian..see the difference BTW.

Just like all engineers working in business in Karachi are also Shia.

You are the one who takes anti iran = anti shia!

Turkey ranked 4th behind China, Japan and SK in terms of shipbuilding industry. You are talking without proof or source.
Come on!Just seeing a damn information at webs which is for making you honor to yourself and keep your head under the snow without knowing what is going on around you!The proof is our Yunos(one of our Kilos) which we send to support our naval battle group against pirates of Somalia!Our military industry is growing 11 times faster than world average!Now we have all our 3 destroyers which are old of course but we have made them improved and new and they more ready than their first manufacture to face any threats.You think how we have our old vessels operating?Just think for a moment kid.

Back
Top Bottom