What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

@Meengla

If your plan is investment not live off the amount
$65,000 is not great amount however I do know Pakistan has a investment program

6.5% return to 6.75%

$3,900 dollars increase in dollar :big_boss: 6.25% profit in 3 years and 6.75% profits in 5 years
I think in 10 years the money could grow by $11,700 dollar
  • 6 Lakh Rupee rise every 3 years pretty good deal

https://pakistanbanaocertificates.gov.pk/index

upload_2020-8-15_20-4-5.png

Put $65,000 in Pakistan Banao Certificate get $3,900 dollar increase every 3 years

Mean while pick up a job in Pakistan and live off that :coffee: Pay your expenses with Job 35% and save rest of money in Day to Day saving account

Best deal

State of Pakistan Guarantees the Profit

From your New Job in Pakistan , you Pay your Rent/Expenses and invest more by picking up more Investment Bonds

In 15 years I think you would have increased your Wealth with minimum risk

Last edited:
If your plan is investment not live off the amount
$65,000 is not great amount however I do know Pakistan has a investment program

6.5% return to 6.75%

$3,900 dollars increase in dollar :big_boss: 6.25% profit in 3 years and 6.75% profits in 5 years
I think in 10 years the money could grow by $11,700 dollar
  • 6 Lakh Rupee rise every 3 years pretty good deal

I had forgotten about that govt scheme. But I kind of remember some in PDF saying that it's not really a good investment option because of inflation. I am not really looking to make big bucks. And I had mentioned that in above pages. Modest return would be fine. Between my inheritance in Pakistan, pension/social security/assets in America, I would be fine. Wanted to invest in the Motherland in good faith. This long thread has given ideas but can't trust anyone to manage in sustainable investments.

My DREAM would have been to invest in a hotel in some hilly area of Pakistan where, some years down the road, I might move back and manage that myself.

A very positive and brilliant idea, only to implement and operate he himself should be at the location of business.

I have started it. Last time I grew organic rice. Many guys who tested it confessed it that it is the best test they have ever tested.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.
Yes ... I remember the natural and organic always tasted better.
We lost that edge of health and taste, hope the people will again be able to overcome that; though it will take time.
I am aware that India already have body for organic certification for the farms and farmers community is warm to respond.

What is the cost of Land in Pakistan Rural area?

Let me tell you guys my plan. I am going to buy 6 acres of land atleast. I will fens it and will plant lots of trees on Permaculture principles using Miyawaki Plantation method. I will plant lots of timber trees. I will plant mango trees with Best quality of mangoes which will start giving me fruits very next year from plantation. I will plant many other trees as well which includes papaya, guava, crusted apple etc in large qualntilty which shall be my pension on retirement. There are some farmers in India who earns Rs 15 lakh from 1 acre. I expect atleast 5 lakh. 30 Lakh in India is a good amount with 2 Lakh USD equivalent purchase power in US.

I had forgotten about that govt scheme. But I kind of remember some in PDF saying that it's not really a good investment option because of inflation. I am not really looking to make big bucks. And I had mentioned that in above pages. Modest return would be fine. Between my inheritance in Pakistan, pension/social security/assets in America, I would be fine. Wanted to invest in the Motherland in good faith. This long thread has given ideas but can't trust anyone to manage in sustainable investments.

My DREAM would have been to invest in a hotel in some hilly area of Pakistan where, some years down the road, I might move back and manage that myself.

@Meengla

Inflation does not impacts it as the Investment is in US Dollars which is generally stable
If you put 65,000 USD , in 11 years it will grow to 77,000 USD to 80,000 USD

It is guaranteed by State of Pakistan :big_boss:

It's safe because you are investing in something the Country/State is supporting at National Level , and also promoting it Internationally

If that same fund is kept in Western Bank it will likely only just increase to may be 73,000 USD :confused:

Alternatively if you feel Pakistani Currency will rise in value vs Dollar , then you can invest in a Pakistani Currency Program , however historically in last 15 years Pakistani Currency has not risen in value vs Dollar normally decreased, this is where inflation may impact things but Pakistani currency accounts give you more ... return and have built in mechanism to help you with this. May be if you open a Rupee account and then Pakistani Economy picks up Rupee value will "RISE" but we have to go with historical indicators

It's a investment choice for me the Dollar Investment Account is great

Any Land Transaction is not ideal as prices are higher and then you have the hassle of maintaining the paperwork , get lawyers and physically be there to manage stuff

If you plan to move to Pakistan , then it is best choice to move your funds over as investment and after term end , cash out

Last edited:
Inflation does not impacts it as the Investment is in US Dollars which is generally stable
If you put 65,000 USD , in 11 years it will grow to 77,000 USD to 80,000 USD

It is guaranteed by State of Pakistan :big_boss:

Apologies. I haven't been to this thread in a while. The info you give is reassuring. Thank you. Investment would have been my preferred route and I have just discovered Pakistan's new Roshan Digital Account ( https://www.hbl.com/ebancroshandigitalaccount ) and will definitely look into that--but after a property purchase, because I am already very deep in that process.

BTW, just about wrapping up purchase of an Iqbal Villa at Bahria Town Karachi. I had to wait for my NICOP to arrive and it did exactly on time and everything looks good. I am impressed by the efficiency and professionalism. I think a lot of credit should go to Ch. Nisar of the previous PMLN govt for NADRA reforms.

Okay... so I have purchased a Baharia Town Iqbal Villa of 150 sq yds for approx $90k total. Way more than I had intended to invest.
Details coming up soon...

Guys and Gals! So yesterday the final paperwork were issued for my purchase of a Baharia Town Karachi villa. It cost me $92,200 (about Rs. 15 million). I could have saved a good $4000-8000 had I started the process and paid off months ago. But took months to send the money because of various reasons. The USD late August was as high as 168 PKR but has sunk to as low as 158 lately. That alone made a big impact. Plus, I couldn't send money from America through proper channels in timely manner due to various restrictions and the USD kept depreciating--adding to my losses!! My family in Karachi handled the purchase. They had to borrow from others on interest to complete the purchase.
I am disappointed but I am alive and healthy. And I now have a solid investment property in Pakistan. Someday I will share the pics here.
Anyway, this long thread has guided me well and I really appreciate all the inputs!

Some pics of my Baharia Town Karachi purchase. One of them is fresh out the oven from yesterday! It's actually a beautiful property both inside and outside! I had toured a model home in December 2019 and that's where probably the seeds for such investment was planted...
Oh, one thing I found particularly irritating in Pakistan in the December 2019 was that often the shower areas didn't have enclosures around and so your toilet bowl get really wet when you showered. It was quite common in all except for one place (the Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi). Thankfully this BTK villa has no such problem!!

Snapshot - 2.png

Snapshot - 5.png
Snapshot - 6.png
wasim_btk_bg.jpg

Some pics of my Baharia Town Karachi purchase. One of them is fresh out the oven from yesterday! It's actually a beautiful property both inside and outside! I had toured a model home in December 2019 and that's where probably the seeds for such investment was planted...
Oh, one thing I found particularly irritating in Pakistan in the December 2019 was that often the shower areas didn't have enclosures around and so your toilet bowl get really wet when you showered. It was quite common in all except for one place (the Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi). Thankfully this BTK villa has no such problem!!

View attachment 695573
View attachment 695574View attachment 695575View attachment 695576
congratulations for a nice home. :-)
Good luck!

View attachment 695573
View attachment 695574View attachment 695575View attachment 695576

MASHALLAH, you should invite all PDF members for a Fantastic cup of tea.

Apologies. I haven't been to this thread in a while. The info you give is reassuring. Thank you. Investment would have been my preferred route and I have just discovered Pakistan's new Roshan Digital Account ( https://www.hbl.com/ebancroshandigitalaccount ) and will definitely look into that--but after a property purchase, because I am already very deep in that process.

BTW, just about wrapping up purchase of an Iqbal Villa at Bahria Town Karachi. I had to wait for my NICOP to arrive and it did exactly on time and everything looks good. I am impressed by the efficiency and professionalism. I think a lot of credit should go to Ch. Nisar of the previous PMLN govt for NADRA reforms.
Big congratulations. Was the villa constructed by Bahria Group themselves or by someone else?

Back
Top Bottom