What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

Thank you guys. Well, that property was fully purchased months ago and the family in Karachi goes there to party on weekend. I am not renting it.

I did try to invest in Roshan Pakistan via its Dollar options but unable to invest because there is no way to invest there in the US $ domination. I have tried via Transfer Wise and got multiple rejections from the Roshan Digital account (in Habib Bank) saying cannot accept Pak Rupees, while Transfer Wise only allows PKR to Pakistan. Big Bummer!!
PS. I have more $$ to invest. Currently has earned me a pathetic $1400 in the last several months despite $40,000+ invested. I am a big dumb-$ss in investments!! @Imran Khan : Your Input sir??

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Have you looked at Roshan account in FCY/ Fixed deposit?

Have you looked at Roshan account in FCY/ Fixed deposit?

I think you can see from my post above. RDP is a dead-end for me because unable to send in USD. Such a shame because I would have gladly taken the 6.5% profit while also helping Pakistan. The current $50k investment in Mutual Funds etc is a big disappointment but better than a Checking or even a Savings account.

Thank you guys. Well, that property was fully purchased months ago and the family in Karachi goes there to party on weekend. I am not renting it.

I did try to invest in Roshan Pakistan via its Dollar options but unable to invest because there is no way to invest there in the US $ domination. I have tried via Transfer Wise and got multiple rejections from the Roshan Digital account (in Habib Bank) saying cannot accept Pak Rupees, while Transfer Wise only allows PKR to Pakistan. Big Bummer!!
PS. I have more $$ to invest. Currently has earned me a pathetic $1400 in the last several months despite $40,000+ invested. I am a big dumb-$ss in investments!! @Imran Khan : Your Input sir??
Do try other banks.

Best investment seems to be in tourism and hotel. The local tourism is so huge, in peak days its impossible to find hotels. Kumrat kalam corridor seems to be the future of tourism. Huge investments going on in those areas.

Best investment seems to be in tourism and hotel. The local tourism is so huge, in peak days its impossible to find hotels. Kumrat kalam corridor seems to be the future of tourism. Huge investments going on in those areas.
what about rice mill or flour mill? is it any good?

Any business ideas for around 5 crore PKR?
buy patrol pump if you can handle

well lets talk on it evening sir jab mode bana ho :D
its for locals not for someone sitting in USA .

Back
Top Bottom