What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

I just moved back to Pakistan, ( don't ask me why ).

I can share what I have learned now.
Property for 1 Crore is not possible in Islamabad.
You may get a plot or something; however looking at the environment it's silly to go in that direction.
There are openings, in manufacturing as the government is tightening the noose around imports.

DO NOT go into agriculture, it's the least return with most risk, it's not worth it,

PS: These people are A class frauds and they lie through their teeth. Something I am coming to grips with after loosing a lot of money.

Man, I am sorry for your experience. I will tell you that, after the events of April 3 in the National Assembly of Pakistan, I have lost a lot of hope for Pakistan. Then it was after decades I looked into the Pakistani politics close up and what I am now concluding is too depressing for me to express for a country which, if you had followed me in this forum and on this thread, may make you realize I was (or maybe still am) so passionate about. Until I get my thoughts together in the new mental paradigm, I am staying away from Pakistan's domestic affairs. Too depressing. Nothing like your idol you saw your last great hope turns out to have feet of clay. Enough about politics.

Also, you see: When this thread started, $65,000 was Rs. 10,000,000 (1 Crore). Now it is 15,000,000 (1.5 Crore). [Pardon my zeros if I am wrong!). But even that may not be much with the inflation and increased property values. Heck, in America I had bought a condo for investment for $74,000 in 2018 and sold that in early 2020 for $89,000. A tiny profit after some fees. But, due to the pandemic and Mr. Great Biden, they are now at $120,000+ and sold like hot cakes. I have been missing the boats of investments all my life!!!

To those talking about ETFs, I think they maybe right. I did have a Vanguard investment portfolio. Hardly made but a tiny profit. So I decided to take that all out and invested in the condo. In short, I don't have the discipline and the knowledge to invest in anything but real estate. And that too--the Slumlord investments!! But then maybe there is a method to my madness!

small scale manufacturing we are on route to become another iran where we wont be able to afford import and rely on locally manufactured goods! so its better to find a consumer product and manufactur that! ppl will say ohh but youll make more trading products wrong sir manufacturing will make you and your generations money trading will only make you money!

For people thinking about investing in business, it is a full time job. To invest in Pakistan and that too in a business requires full time. If you want to invest in someone else, chances are good you’ll be burnt.

I go the safe IVV, QQQ, SPG route. DCA a couple of hundred dollars every month. Part of my savings I just keep cash.

Thinking to get term life insurance. When I pass, make sure my family has enough to live a decent life.

I just moved back to Pakistan, ( don't ask me why ).

I can share what I have learned now.
Property for 1 Crore is not possible in Islamabad.
You may get a plot or something; however looking at the environment it's silly to go in that direction.
There are openings, in manufacturing as the government is tightening the noose around imports.

DO NOT go into agriculture, it's the least return with most risk, it's not worth it,

PS: These people are A class frauds and they lie through their teeth. Something I am coming to grips with after loosing a lot of money.
It will be good to hear your story sir specially lossing money part .others can learn from it.

It will be good to hear your story sir specially lossing money part .others can learn from it.

Honestly, as people can see in this thread, you were one of the first persons here who injected some sanity to my brain about investing in Pakistan from America and that's why I chose BT Karachi. It is a safe investment. I trust my brothers in Karachi to look after that and they have been. Actually, I have sent a legal 'Will' to them that in case of my departure, they are going to get the value from the BTK property per a formula.
I can't take it to my grave!

Honestly, as people can see in this thread, you were one of the first persons here who injected some sanity to my brain about investing in Pakistan from America and that's why I chose BT Karachi. It is a safe investment. I trust my brothers in Karachi to look after that and they have been. Actually, I have sent a legal 'Will' to them that in case of my departure, they are going to get the value from the BTK property per a formula.
i just sheared my knowldge of that time sir . every passing months things are changing now . BT DHA and other good socites with possession have only one danger the currency devalue one . but i must admit my own views back then were a little wrong .or proven wrong . now a days i will not advise anyone to invest in RE without visiting it getting possession and taking care of it here in pakistan . as much as people getting economic shocks they are turning to be disshonest more . everyone want to survive. market is full of liars cheaters and fraud . even now fraud have channels on social media where they post tons of videos and if you watch those videos you think they are best honest people .but they are not . BT DHA and others have did great job and also destroyed many too . it is now game of AL-EMAR type bussiness give me property take money . dreams khareedny waly ab kaheen ke nhi rahy .

btw i am sitting on cash now but i have no will to invest in paksitan . not in any market anything . i just holding cash for a while .

as much as people getting economic shocks they are turning to be disshonest more . everyone want to survive. market is full of liars cheaters and fraud .

It is the sort of similar in America too!
I have NEVER seen America and Americans to be like this!! The hatred, divisiveness, the despair, the fear about the future! Never! And I am here for decades and consider myself well informed and integrated.
BUT... Pakistanis would weather much storms better and would not stoop to the levels of mass-shooting, xenophobia and 'NIMBY = Not in My Backyard', and looting for food. Sri Lankans are good examples of Pakistanis' potential future behavior, I think. But if crap hits the fan in America, then we are so used to cheap, easy stuff for decades then anything is possible. ANYTHING!!

The whole structure of economy is broken,
unless the market runs free for everyone, the system is bound to break,
and that is exactly what is wrong with Pakistan's economy.
There are a select few, who control the flow of cash, and at every possible point, they are extracting a profit.
Thus the lack of a middle class.
To look at it differently, one of my investments is worth 3.5 C, and the rental on that is 70K,
that is 2.4% gross yearly, before tax. This is ridiculous, as the banks can offer me 4 times that return on a fixed deposit.
This means the principles of economy are wrong.
The government will need to fee up SECP and State bank, and let it run on merit; that in itself should start the healing process.

The whole structure of economy is broken,
unless the market runs free for everyone, the system is bound to break,
and that is exactly what is wrong with Pakistan's economy.
There are a select few, who control the flow of cash, and at every possible point, they are extracting a profit.
Thus the lack of a middle class.
To look at it differently, one of my investments is worth 3.5 C, and the rental on that is 70K,
that is 2.4% gross yearly, before tax. This is ridiculous, as the banks can offer me 4 times that return on a fixed deposit.
This means the principles of economy are wrong.
The government will need to fee up SECP and State bank, and let it run on merit; that in itself should start the healing process.

Honestly I don't understand how economies work. And until late March 2022, when the hoopla about the No Confidence Motion arose, I didn't pay much attention to Pakistan's politics for decades. I was happy and comfortable in my understanding that finally Pakistan was in good hands. But I was wrong. And that has demolished so many idols in my mind. There is no more room left for idols anymore in my mind. Just ANYONE who would introduce stability even if semi-corrupt as in India and many other 3rd world countries. The bar has been set very low now.

Asking people on PDF for financial advice is not wise IMHO.

Actually, PDF and especially @Imran Khan saved me from the idea of investing in places away from Karachi, if you follow this thread. The glittering ads about investments or on Zameen.com properties for sale in Islamabad were so tantalizing then. My investment in Baharia Town Karachi is safe and profitable despite the Pakistani Rs. losing a chunk of its value against USD since this thread started.
I didn't blindly follow PDF. But PDF did help!

Man, I am sorry for your experience. I will tell you that, after the events of April 3 in the National Assembly of Pakistan, I have lost a lot of hope for Pakistan. Then it was after decades I looked into the Pakistani politics close up and what I am now concluding is too depressing for me to express for a country which, if you had followed me in this forum and on this thread, may make you realize I was (or maybe still am) so passionate about. Until I get my thoughts together in the new mental paradigm, I am staying away from Pakistan's domestic affairs. Too depressing. Nothing like your idol you saw your last great hope turns out to have feet of clay. Enough about politics.

Also, you see: When this thread started, $65,000 was Rs. 10,000,000 (1 Crore). Now it is 15,000,000 (1.5 Crore). [Pardon my zeros if I am wrong!). But even that may not be much with the inflation and increased property values. Heck, in America I had bought a condo for investment for $74,000 in 2018 and sold that in early 2020 for $89,000. A tiny profit after some fees. But, due to the pandemic and Mr. Great Biden, they are now at $120,000+ and sold like hot cakes. I have been missing the boats of investments all my life!!!

To those talking about ETFs, I think they maybe right. I did have a Vanguard investment portfolio. Hardly made but a tiny profit. So I decided to take that all out and invested in the condo. In short, I don't have the discipline and the knowledge to invest in anything but real estate. And that too--the Slumlord investments!! But then maybe there is a method to my madness!
Diversify your portfolio and be patient

You should easily make 10% return on stocks and real estate profotlio in long run in USA

In pakistan there is too much fraud hence unless you are local to specific place with already a setup of lawyers (& paid police memebrs) you cant invest..specific govt or protected bahria towns may be a choice but squaters can be issue even there

Invest in property in US. Wait for property market to cool down and than invest. Rent it out. In few years Market will cycle back up and booming. Fix damages, paint and Sell. Repeat process when market crashes or go down again.

Invest in property in US. Wait for property market to cool down and than invest. Rent it out. In few years Market will cycle back up and booming. Fix damages, paint and Sell. Repeat process when market crashes or go down again.

I am kind of doing that. Though cheaper properties, I own three here and they are only going to go up in value because the 'Yanks' are moving to the South fleeing their failed policies. Hhahaha!!

Diversify your portfolio and be patient

You should easily make 10% return on stocks and real estate profotlio in long run in USA

In pakistan there is too much fraud hence unless you are local to specific place with already a setup of lawyers (& paid police memebrs) you cant invest..specific govt or protected bahria towns may be a choice but squaters can be issue even there

I don't think I have the discipline, patience and the time for 'long term'. I have very modest retirement goals: $2500-3000 per month after taxes/ take home.
About Baharia Town-- in my case, family members go there often to party. Besides, they tell me that squatting is not possible in BT Karachi. I have yet to see my property purchase though. I do marvel at people in Karachi saying that my 150 sq yard house is on the smaller side?? I mean why do people want more than their needs? I live in a 1300 sq ft house in America. Happy and content!

Last edited:
I am kind of doing that. Though cheaper properties, I own three here and they are only going to go up in value because the 'Yanks' are moving to the South fleeing their failed policies. Hhahaha!!

I don't think I have the discipline, patience and the time for 'long term'. I have very modest retirement goals: $2500-3000 per month after taxes/ take home.
About Baharia Town-- in my case, family members go there often to party. Besides, they tell me that squatting is not possible in BT Karachi. I have yet to see my property purchase though. I do marvel at people in Karachi saying that my 150 sq yard house is on the smaller side?? I mean why do people want more than their needs? I live in a 1300 sq ft house in America. Happy and content!
Simply buy ETF during down turn..i.e when everyone is panicking and that's about it..

Studies have shown people who buy during panicking make the most as market always rebound 30-40% from it's lows

Alternatively just put a fix amount regularly on first day of every month and you will still get 10% return

Maximumize your roth ira (or backdoor) and 401,529(if u have kids) will be my advise

Back
Top Bottom