What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

MASHALLAH, you should invite all PDF members for a Fantastic cup of tea.
Thank you. Well, everyone knows about Pakistan's 'fantastic tea'. Hahaha!! But seriously next time wife and I go to Pakistan we will probably stay there. For her, being an American, the bathrooms were quite an experience especially the few times the good old 'WC' style were being used. Haha!!

Big congratulations. Was the villa constructed by Bahria Group themselves or by someone else?

Thank you. I have no idea. But it is in the Iqbal Villas region (Precinct 2) and my understanding is that they are legal and solid investments. And close to everything.

Thank you. Well, everyone knows about Pakistan's 'fantastic tea'. Hahaha!! But seriously next time wife and I go to Pakistan we will probably stay there. For her, being an American, the bathrooms were quite an experience especially the few times the good old 'WC' style were being used. Haha!!

Thank you. I have no idea. But it is in the Iqbal Villas region (Precinct 2) and my understanding is that they are legal and solid investments. And close to everything.
Allah apko or apki family ko ye ghar naseeb pharmaiy.

Last edited:
Allah apko or apki family ko ye ghar naseeb pharmaiy. Do you feel comfortable sharing its cost and plot size?

Sure. To the extent without compromising privacy too much. The point of this rather LONG thread started months ago was not only about me but also about other expats or even resident Pakistanis thinking of investment options in Pakistan. So please go ahead with your questions.

Sure. To the extent without compromising privacy too much. The point of this rather LONG thread started months ago was not only about me but also about other expats or even resident Pakistanis thinking of investment options in Pakistan. So please go ahead with your questions.
It's ok no problem. Bahria Town Karachi is by far the best place to live in Pakistan, the main boulevard alone is 25km long which is insane. Once again huge congratulations, the property rates in Bahria Town Karachi will skyrocket in the near future.

Last edited:
Guys and Gals! So yesterday the final paperwork were issued for my purchase of a Baharia Town Karachi villa. It cost me $92,200 (about Rs. 15 million). I could have saved a good $4000-8000 had I started the process and paid off months ago. But took months to send the money because of various reasons. The USD late August was as high as 168 PKR but has sunk to as low as 158 lately. That alone made a big impact. Plus, I couldn't send money from America through proper channels in timely manner due to various restrictions and the USD kept depreciating--adding to my losses!! My family in Karachi handled the purchase. They had to borrow from others on interest to complete the purchase.
I am disappointed but I am alive and healthy. And I now have a solid investment property in Pakistan. Someday I will share the pics here.
Anyway, this long thread has guided me well and I really appreciate all the inputs!

92k USD is a solid price and a great deal. Should def double if not triple within a few years IA.

It's ok no problem. Bahria Town Karachi is by far the best place to live in Pakistan, the main boulevard alone is 25km long which is insane. Once again huge congratulations, the property rates in Bahria Town Karachi will skyrocket in the near future.
92k USD is a solid price and a great deal. Should def double if not triple within a few years IA.

Thank you both. It's reassuring to hear such things.

There are no firm plans for the property. Family members go every weekend to party there and in the adjoining BTK facilities. There is power, natural gas for cooking, water heater for hot water. They are loving it!!

Thank you both. It's reassuring to hear such things.

There are no firm plans for the property. Family members go every weekend to party there and in the adjoining BTK facilities. There is power, natural gas for cooking, water heater for hot water. They are loving it!!
I remember sometime ago you said that you were interested in opening a hotel in a hilly area, if you are still interested then explore Islamabad. Best wishes to your family.

I remember sometime ago you said that you were interested in opening a hotel in a hilly area, if you are still interested then explore Islamabad. Best wishes to your family.

Thank you. Yes. I am still interested in a hotel in some hilly area of Pakistan and spoke to my brother in Karachi a few days ago about that as the eventual plan. This BTK purchase is a stop-gap measure until I decide what to do with the property--and with my own life itself in a larger scheme of things!

I think if you have followed this very long thread you'd see glimpses of my plans, but nothing is firm.
Tentatively speaking... In 5-7 years I'd like to retire from working, at least fulltime. I am still fairly young--too young to retire in America. After retiring, I'd like to keep the option of moving back to Pakistan and manage a hotel business in some hill station where I'd live myself for most of the year and winter in Karachi. It is quite common in America and Canada to be 'snow birds' and Pakistan indeed has such geography and the climate.

My wife and I have no kids--we didn't want them and neither do almost all of our American friends do. We are happy the way we are. I have very considerable inheritance in Pakistan and I'd like those and any other assets in Pakistan to be given to my nieces and nephews when my innings in this world ends!!

I know--too much personal information here!

Thank you. Yes. I am still interested in a hotel in some hilly area of Pakistan and spoke to my brother in Karachi a few days ago about that as the eventual plan. This BTK purchase is a stop-gap measure until I decide what to do with the property--and with my own life itself in a larger scheme of things!

I think if you have followed this very long thread you'd see glimpses of my plans, but nothing is firm.
Tentatively speaking... In 5-7 years I'd like to retire from working, at least fulltime. I am still fairly young--too young to retire in America. After retiring, I'd like to keep the option of moving back to Pakistan and manage a hotel business in some hill station where I'd live myself for most of the year and winter in Karachi. It is quite common in America and Canada to be 'snow birds' and Pakistan indeed has such geography and the climate.

My wife and I have no kids--we didn't want them and neither do almost all of our American friends do. We are happy the way we are. I have very considerable inheritance in Pakistan and I'd like those and any other assets in Pakistan to be given to my nieces and nephews when my innings in this world ends!!

I know--too much personal information here!
I will advice you to explore Bahria Enclave in Islamabad. Now is a good time to do that as once the development picks pace it will become too expensive too quickly.

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Start a dairy farm

Sell milk earn quick money

Farming for the purpose of exporting. Big market for meat in Gulf for Pakistan meat, and fruits.

I think he is asking for easy returns on his money as he mentioned his old age

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.
I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!
If you have your heart set on a plot or real estate then buy in a military housing scheme, they are very tough on fraud and buy when the scheme is comes up new and before construction starts as prices then rocket.

Property Market has had a rapid fall in Pakistan, better invest in Gold, IT industry, lots of money in services, like software development.

Invest in Naya Pakistan Certificated, buy a property and if you have some spare money invest in Crypto (Bitcoin and Ethereum).

Back
Top Bottom