What's new

Where are we heading? Ideas for survival

SEOminati

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam Pakistanio
The thread is about fairly evaluating the situation and taking steps to not get into something that becomes a nightmare.

Mulk ki kisi ko fikar nahi to hum apne ane wale kuch dino ki tayyari karlen?

I won't specifically want to talk the economy too much but need of the hour for family men who are worried about the situation so we can plan accordingly.

I ain't a millionaire or a business tycoon but someone who has been generating a decent amount of income. While on the other hand there are quite a huge population which is suffering.

So I am looking for two ideas:

1) I have got a few dollars, I have been saving as backup and burning (utilizing) currency in PKR. Is this the right time to convert and invest?

2) How bad can the situation actually get when it comes to feeding your family? Shall we buy utility items for the coming two-three months? If so which ones?

3) To help alleviate poverty I won't say I have done something to brag about but instead I have been training youth become skillful and work towards achieving financial freedom. What else shall we do?

We're all in this together, if you're amongst the 60% of the Pakistan that Anwar Maqsood referred to in his latest speech.

It’s going to be a long winter, economic restructuring takes years. Essential medicines will be in short supply, followed by inflation for basic necessity items going above 20-30%.

In the mean time, there will be constant tussle between different political parties.

Salam Pakistanio
The thread is about fairly evaluating the situation and taking steps to not get into something that becomes a nightmare.

Mulk ki kisi ko fikar nahi to hum apne ane wale kuch dino ki tayyari karlen?

I won't specifically want to talk the economy too much but need of the hour for family men who are worried about the situation so we can plan accordingly.

I ain't a millionaire or a business tycoon but someone who has been generating a decent amount of income. While on the other hand there are quite a huge population which is suffering.

So I am looking for two ideas:

1) I have got a few dollars, I have been saving as backup and burning (utilizing) currency in PKR. Is this the right time to convert and invest?

2) How bad can the situation actually get when it comes to feeding your family? Shall we buy utility items for the coming two-three months? If so which ones?

3) To help alleviate poverty I won't say I have done something to brag about but instead I have been training youth become skillful and work towards achieving financial freedom. What else shall we do?

We're all in this together, if you're amongst the 60% of the Pakistan that Anwar Maqsood referred to in his latest speech.
Thanks dear, for sharing your ideas.

Stock up, if you live in a rough place maybe consider getting a gun. Pretty sad reality for a lot of Pakistanis. This winter is looking tuff, so is the future

Stocking up on some food supply may not be a bad idea.

Worsening hunger

6 months stock of staple food items and essential medicines..

I do a lot of survival stuff, so I can help you on this one.

Get a WATER FILTER!!!!!!!!!!
You can find loads online, the type that attaches to bottles and slowly processes dirty water into clean water.
Make sure that you know where your water sources are, before sh*t hits the fan.
Investing in maps of the local areas are a MUST

You'll also need tons of water purifying tablets
You'll need litres and litres of fuel. grab as much as you can to run your house generators.

Medicines too:
Paracetamol, Ibuprofen are the big ones.
everyone should have their own first aid kit- remember to treat each injury, even if it is just a splinter
keep Tweezers handy as much as possible
same with scissors and a swiss army knife

If you are a soldier, I would 100% recommend Immodium. In a survival situation, you can lose masses of water through diahorrea, and it can be fatal within a few days.

Stock up on, and grow foods such as potatoes (They can store for up to 5 months in a cool dark place, and take 3 months to grow)
You also want to grow nuts, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and corn.
Wheat is a tricky one to grow, and takes a very long time, so it's only worthwhile once your other farms are working well
Grow sweetcorn. This is a big one as it will be the staple food produce for the chickens you should also keep.
Keep chickens.
Fish can be smoked/dried and stored for up to 3-4 days
Grow basil, as it acts a natural deodorant.
Willow tree bark acts as a natural aspirin- You can mash it up and put it on wounds to soothe pain.

Going back to if you are a soldier:
Clean your rifle every day and make sure that your rifle sling is comfortable. For longer journeys, switch to a bush hat rather than a helmet, or you'll lose water very quickly.
Make sure that your plate carriers, etc are not kept on for extensive amounts of time otherwise you'll get dehydrated quickly.
If you're carrying 30+kg, only walk for about an hour or so at a time, to stay beneath the dehydration levels, and to still have enough energy to drastically make changes in your journey if things go haywire.
if you're going to need to run to a certain area, take the laces off your boots. Then put them back on, but miss a hole or too where your foot bends in the shoe- this'll enable you to run more easily, and you're less likely to get blisters there.
If your enemies have night vis, shine a torch at them if you can. it'll blind them temporarily and damage their eyes (Only use this if you are in a firefight)

generic Rules:
If you're at home, keep someone on guard at all times, ESPECIALLY NIGHT TIME.
Sound carries louder at night, so make sure to keep your ears open too.
If it's cold, cover your mouth with a balaclava or a piece of cloth so that the air going into your body is slightly warmer, and less likely to make your insides cold.
ALWAYS DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE WEATHER!!!! I cannot stress this enough!
If it's cold, wrap up as much as possible
if it's hot, remove layers
remember to put on and take off layers depending on how hot or cold you are.
Stay fit, and keep your stamina high. The best way to build stamina is to run up hills and raised areas. You should also run on trails and a variety of terrains to increase ankle strength.
Speaking of ankle strength, make sure that your boots have good ankle support
If you're in the wild, always keep a fire going 24/7. That way you can always use it, and won't suffer if it goes out and you can put it back on again.
Make sure that you have plenty of lighter/lighter fuel or matches. You will definitely need this

Home defence:
Always keep someone on guard, especially at night.
Know the area to water sources and food sources
know the directions and distance to possible allies
Make an emergency meeting point if you and your family/allies get attacked. It's important that everyone in the group knows the directions to the emergency meeting point, and that they know to go there in the event of an emergency
Bury supplies in different areas, as fallback resources in case your home/shelter gets taken over or compromised.

You'll need to stock water and food appropriately.
All I can tell you that a person needs about 1.5 litres a day minimum to survive. In fact, 1.5 is seriously pushing it. It should be closer to two, otherwise people may begin to fall ill a lot more in the long-term.

I'd tell you one thing though. When preparing for this, try and prepare with as many people as possible. If entire communities prepare, then everyone has a high chance of survival.

Where were going we dont need roads.

Because this cuntry gonna be 6 feet down under very soon.

Back
Top Bottom