What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

Capital Smart City has some good plots. Have you read the latest Pakistan government information on Capital Smart City, the government claiming they tried to sell land around Islamabad but claimed they are in Islamabad. So basically cheap land for the value of Islamabad.
I am very curious about Capital Smart City so can you tell us more about it. Looking at their website, this project seems too good to be true.

Look out for DHA Lahore phase 13 along river ravi. Its relatively new and plots are cheap compared to developed phases. For overseas Pakistani DHA is safe bet.

Ever heard about Eighteen Islamabad? Made by a Palestinian builder.

I don't know about it more except it was marketed well, and concept looks very post-modern.

https://eighteenpk.com/

-
Also if you are abroad but want to contact a trusted contractor/builder when making your own home while abroad. They are registered with Security & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (tax payers) and work at heart of Lahore.

https://www.naqsha.com.pk/

Last edited:
Be aware of the development charges. In some cases they could be as high as 10-20% in Bahria town schemes. It might be the case that one has already paid it and the other hasnt. Make sure to get a 'complete file' with key and all charges cleared already.

Oh, thanks for the advice!
Almost ready to make a 'token' payment via brother in Pakistan for corner Villa in BTK 11B; supposed to also have a tiny lawn. To me, having been living on 6+ acres of land in America for a long time, the idea of having neighbors on both sides is too much. From what I have been told so far, there will some extra charges for the lawn area of the corner plot. I am fine with that.

I am very curious about Capital Smart City so can you tell us more about it. Looking at their website, this project seems too good to be true.

At the moment I am reading in to it myself.
@T|/|T has bought property at CapitalSmartCity.

????????
Please provide a logical reason being your statement.
one simple logic ? i have 5 kanal land at that area and it will be 20-25 lakh real price of market .
extension declared illegal by RDA
its very far from Islamabad Location of smart city is faraway from populated area of Islamabad and Rawalpindi in the middle of nowhere.
real owner is sitting back of curtains its risky
investment will be very long time to bring fruits but then you can not sake it without paying taxes .
although habib rafiq link with project is good name and trust worthy but its not clear yet what is real partnership . if tomorrow habib rafiq say we were not partner we were just developer then you have to forget your half amount as it will bit the dust . this is what happen joint bahria+DHA project DHA valley . people suffered painful times .
they will not deliver it as per 3Ds as soon as reality appears like all other societies people will cool down .
it will take at least 10 years that people will start living there if development go on pace .
and its not a smart city even if they fulfill all the dreams they shown to public for example dubai will be smart city in 2030 . you may know where dubai stands now .

my personal advice is wait for capital smart city its not good tiem to invest in it . rest is your choice i can just advise only . its my personal views

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!
The best in this amount would be a Dairy farm with 15 Friesian cows near Lahore with Average Daily Milk of about 30 Liters/cow. Rent a place near Lahore you could find easily surroundings of Brb Canal. Labour is hell cheap over there with no issues regarding feed. If you are an animal lover and wants to earn respectable earnings in this budget, go for it, you will never regret it.
Regards

forget to tell you its not capital smart city its pindi smart city as its RDA approved project out of capital not CDA aproved project inside capital territory :lol:

this is project location . how can someone working in pindi islamabad go there daily ????????

https://goo.gl/maps/uxffZtyB1DsgwmKt8

you have to pay motorway daily .its very very far sir .

Last edited:
I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Jumping in the fray bit late, but it depends on what you wanna do, what is the purpose of investment, for how long you will be investing, what is the acceptable risk for you?

People in Pakistan when it comes to investing would follow the herd psychology its either plots or whatever is hot these days, Gold (these days may be) and most of them end up with burnt fingers.

An article by undersigned did appear recently in a us publication about my views on investing in gold, the excerpt is in my opinion days of investing in gold and getting good returns are over. It may yet again cross previous $2200 and change mark but the ROI will be hardly 10%, silver on the other hand one can earn may be 30% but thats a call it can go north or south. I bought gold back in 2009 when it went sub 1 grand, and silver in 2011 around $9 all physical and no paper delivered to my Brinks vault, but now I am out from both of them made tons of money. Will wait for another downturn.

I had about 2 crore and change last year so what I did, instead of the usual menu of investing in bahria and the crap, I purchased some land in Baltistan build a small house there, some land free for planting food crop/raising couple of animals. Send a trusted Pashtun family there family will be living off the free land/Two cows (real good ones) which I have given them free of cost and planted Israeli Anna Apple, and Cherries there and of course few cedrus deodara trees. Its slightly long term but I will be earning a steady income from there and leaving something of value for my children. The whole project did cost me around 6 million and change (PKR)

Bought another piece of land somewhere near south punjab about 200 Kanal same strategy a trusted family,a house few cows and sheep. Planted Teakwood plants there (imported from India) 350 per acre, pistachio/almonds/Sandalwood both white and red on about 10 acres of land.

Let me give you an idea of teak wood, 1 square foot of deyar is sold at Rs.6000 to 8000 while Teak sells for Rs.26000 per square foot. Deyar tree matures in about 38 years, while Teak in 5-7 years. Getting the picture, I hope. Sandalwood matures in 15 years and the tree could live for 1500 years.

This project costed me 13 million.

The next project I am planning is along the same lines. May be rabbit or ostrich farming, a processing unit for export markets.

Investing can be done for one time gains or a steady stream of cash flows, many of the members have told you about the one time gains I have tried to explain the other side, whatever you choose, choose wisely, spend time in making a decision.

Last edited:
Jumping in the fray bit late, but it depends on what you wanna do, what is the purpose of investment, for how long you will be investing, what is the acceptable risk for you?

People in Pakistan when it comes to investing would follow the herd psychology its either plots or whatever is hot these days, Gold (these days may be) and most of them end up with burnt fingers.

An article by undersigned did appear recently in a us publication about my views on investing in gold, the excerpt is in my opinion days of investing in gold and getting good returns are over. It may yet again cross previous $2200 and change mark but the ROI will be hardly 10%, silver on the other hand one can earn may be 30% but thats a call it can go north or south. I bought gold back in 2009 when it went sub 1 grand, and silver in 2011 around $9 all physical and no paper delivered to my Brinks vault, but now I am out from both of them made tons of money. Will wait for another downturn.

I had about 2 crore and change last year so what I did, instead of the usual menu of investing in bahria and the crap, I purchased some land in Baltistan build a small house there, some land free for planting food crop/raising couple of animals. Send a trusted Pashtun family there family will be living off the free land/Two cows (real good ones) which I have given them free of cost and planted Israeli Anna Apple, and Cherries there and of course few cedrus deodara trees. Its slightly long term but I will be earning a steady income from there and leaving something of value for my children. The whole project did cost me around 6 million and change (PKR)

Bought another piece of land somewhere near south punjab about 200 Kanal same strategy a trusted family,a house few cows and sheep. Planted Teakwood plants there (imported from India) 350 per acre, pistachio/almonds/Sandalwood both white and red on about 10 acres of land.

Let me give you an idea of teak wood, 1 square foot of deyar is sold at Rs.6000 to 8000 while Teak sells for Rs.26000 per square foot. Deyar tree matures in about 38 years, while Teak in 5-7 years. Getting the picture, I hope. Sandalwood matures in 15 years and the tree could live for 1500 years.

This project costed me 13 million.

The next project I am planning is along the same lines. May be rabbit or ostrich farming, a processing unit for export markets.

Investing can be done for one time gains or a steady stream of cash flows, many of the members have told you about the one time gains I have tried to explain the other side, whatever you choose, choose wisely, spend time in making a decision.

Sorry, late in responding and bravo to you!
I wish I had your kind of patience, insight, and connections to put something like what you have been doing. But, as this long, busy thread illustrates, I don't have the time! Some of my assets have to leave from America to Pakistan soon.
I would have liked to invest in sustainable business models instead of following the 'herd' mentality of yet another real estate investment. But don't know who to trust there other than the family and the family itself won't do any heavy lifting for any real investment. Cash with family, as I had said, would end up in mindless expenses on rites and rituals.
My best hope is that the money in real estate would at least not go down in value or worse completely lost. But even that won't kill me given my assets in America.
A lot of my dilemmas have to do with very personal reasons which can't be expounded upon in any online forums.

Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Don't put your money in Pakistani banks. It is utterly useless excercise. I deposited £75'000 in bank for 10 years. Ten years later when I 17'000'000. It seems amazing and it was amazing offer at that time but when I computed current inflation rates and converting the money back to pounds ... it was basicly 2215 a year. Had I put that money in a propety in UK and rented it out for flat rate £350 for entire ten years I would end up £4200. Going rent rate for past ten years in my area has been 450 to 550 a month for two bedroom and 500 to 625 for three bedroom. I would have easily got 3 bedroom house for that amount and rent rate 500 no problem. That would have been 6000 a year.

What I advise you to do is to invest your money in UK/USA in a property and rent it out. And chill in Pakistan off the rent. 500.00 a month from a single house ... is more then enough to live in luxury and comfort in Pakistan. Earn here and spend there.

Sorry, late in responding and bravo to you!
I wish I had your kind of patience, insight, and connections to put something like what you have been doing. But, as this long, busy thread illustrates, I don't have the time! Some of my assets have to leave from America to Pakistan soon.
I would have liked to invest in sustainable business models instead of following the 'herd' mentality of yet another real estate investment. But don't know who to trust there other than the family and the family itself won't do any heavy lifting for any real investment. Cash with family, as I had said, would end up in mindless expenses on rites and rituals.
My best hope is that the money in real estate would at least not go down in value or worse completely lost. But even that won't kill me given my assets in America.
A lot of my dilemmas have to do with very personal reasons which can't be expounded upon in any online forums.

Agreed worst thing you could do with your money is put it in cash and see it slip through the fingers like sand. The other please don't fall for big brochures, ad for a real estate plan right out of paradise, so many among the ex-pats have burnt their fingers that it always saddens me, how people back home assume somehow dollars/pounds and euros grow on trees or are doled out free to expats. Anyways following is a discussion going on between few members including undersigned, you can find my views in it. They may help you a lot, what the other gentleman said about real estate in UK is a much better idea, our beach side condo in Vancouver has been paid off same way, we moved to USA and then back to Pakistan but both mortgages in Canada and U.S have been paid off through rentals. Here goes:

Mangus Ortus Novem

yaar 30yr Mortgage rate a 2.9% and yet Americans appear reluctant to buy...

T-Bills heading for 0% and Stock going Higher and Higher... for how long the CentralBankers can pumping liquidity into the FinancialSystem?

ps3linux

This is ridiculous, I mean even if I add a point or not to interest rate, for a half million mortgage with 70:30 sharing we are looking at 1,455-1,650 a month, that's bullcrap.

Unless someone is looking at another subprime problem or a housing crash. Drang!

Well must ready cash for acquisition of foreclosed prime property ;), isn't this which made trump enterprise, trump enterprise.

VCheng

Clearly the US economy is headed for a huge crash as multiple bubbles burst. Why not invest in areas of the world with more secure fundamentals?

ps3linux

Sir jee of course the US economy is heading for a crash and the writing is pretty much on the wall for a decade and so may be more, but crash is the time to buy and hold not the other way round.

Majority of the investors sell in a panic, but people with my kind of background find times like this as opportunity for long term positions. I would still prefer the US because I know the laws, the corners, the opportunities. It doesn't mean that I have not invested else where. I do off and on, depending on time in equities, metals at times options (rarely), farming, but I do consider myself somewhat better in metals. Made 11% in less than a month dollar terms from Pakistan equity market very recently, more than 20% in the last qtr in US equities. Not gloating but stating few facts, it can be done. As I mentioned elsewhere risk management is not to eliminate the risk, its there to manage the risk. I have a different risk appetite.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom