What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

Start mushroom making. It will give a handsome return. Plant promanganate, mangoes, pineapple, jackfruit etc and get return for 2 decades atleast.

Start mushroom making. It will give a handsome return. Plant promanganate, mangoes, pineapple, jackfruit etc and get return for 2 decades atleast.

I would have definitely preferred a non real estate route for investment, even with moderate returns. But don't know anyone there to reliably manage and can't be there myself for at least 5-7 years. Handing off a chunk of cash to even relatives would ensure quick loss to weddings, endless ceremonies etc etc. As @Imran Khan says above: People would eat the money and won't even belch it off!
And I am in a rush--in case you don't see it. 6-8 months ago opened similar thread but chickened out then. Don't want this analysis-paralysis to go on forever.

I would have definitely preferred a non real estate route for investment, even with moderate returns. But don't know anyone there to reliably manage and can't be there myself for at least 5-7 years. Handing off a chunk of cash to even relatives would ensure quick loss to weddings, endless ceremonies etc etc. As @Imran Khan says above: People would eat the money and won't even belch it off!
And I am in a rush--in case you don't see it. 6-8 months ago opened similar thread but chickened out then. Don't want this analysis-paralysis to go on forever.

Yes, it has a risk but a family member can do the job. The business I have suggested doesn't not have a lot of money but it will give you a lots of pleasure. Watch bellow video. I am in a process of making similar at one naturally rich area in atleast 250000 sq ft of land.

Yes, it has a risk but a family member can do the job. The business I have suggested doesn't not have a lot of money but it will give you a lots of pleasure. Watch bellow video. I am in a process of making similar at one naturally rich area in atleast 250000 sq ft of land.

That's a beautiful video of a beautiful thought! Perma culture! Sustainable living! Unfortunately, my relatives won't do such a thing. I am confident of that. It's not that they would be opposed to ethical investment etc but putting real effort in things when they already have a sustained life for generations is asking too much of them.
There is only so much I can say in an online forum about that...

That's a beautiful video of a beautiful thought! Perma culture! Sustainable living! Unfortunately, my relatives won't do such a thing. I am confident of that. It's not that they would be opposed to ethical investment etc but putting real effort in things when they already have a sustained life for generations is asking too much of them.
There is only so much I can say in an online forum about that...

I have put up a big investment in this right now. I have started a stable with 5 cows and 5 Buffaloes. I do organic farming in about 13 lakh sq ft of leased land. I have bought 75000 sq ft of land but it seems insufficient. I want to but 2.5 to 5 lakh sq ft of land to start my own permaculture fruit forest. I am planning to plant lots of high value timber trees and fruit trees. I will build my own bungalow on my private lake of 50000 sq ft. I will have my own Miyawaki forest. I want to make it a master piece.

Last edited:
I have put up a big investment in this right now. I have started a stable with 5 cows and 5 Buffaloes. I do organic farming in about 13 lakh sq ft of leased land. I have bought 75000 sq ft of land but it seems insufficient. I want to but 2.5 to 5 lakh sq ft of land to start my own permaculture fruit forest. I am planning to plant lots of high value timber trees and fruit trees. I will build my own bungalow on my private lskevof 50000 sq ft. I will have my own Miyawaki forest. I want to make it a master piece.

More power to you! Please share your progress and ping me on that thread when you are ready. Perhaps one day I do such a thing myself. In America, I live on 6+ acres of good, wooded land with abundant rainfall and 4 distinct seasons, and most of the land is untouched. Except for a few fruit trees, a few ornamental plants, nothing else is planted. Part of the slack is I am opposed to cutting trees unless I really have to. Many critters live on trees, and trees themselves are alive--the lungs of our planet.

More power to you! Please share your progress and ping me on that thread when you are ready. Perhaps one day I do such a thing myself. In America, I live on 6+ acres of good, wooded land with abundant rainfall and 4 distinct seasons, and most of the land is untouched. Except for a few fruit trees, a few ornamental plants, nothing else is planted. Part of the slack is I am opposed to cutting trees unless I really have to. Many critters live on trees, and trees themselves are alive--the lungs of our planet.

This is great. I have started a thread on my work at IDF named rural development model. You can see that thread. I am planning a very beautiful township for my family members for their retirement. It will have bungalows in 10000 sq ft plot. It will have its beautiful swimming pool and lake. It will be self sufficient in food and will produce atleast 25 lakhs of fruit to take care of its expenses. It will have its cows and it's own milk. Bungalows shall be designed on permaculture principles. A depends on I am getting land on a right location. The area where I am planning this has jungle, wildlife sanctuary, mountain, rivers, dams, world heritage sites etc.it is a naturally blessed area.

I could say with a fair degree of confidence that I will very soon own a Villa in the highlighted area (one of BTK Iqbal Villas). But the price difference between $65k and $82k is puzzling me. That's a huge difference.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.0086612,67.3064503,781m/data=!3m1!1e3

upload_2020-7-26_10-27-2.png

@Meengla
Your first idea of investment in real estate/plot of land is the best one. You will have to visit Pakistan for a few months, find the land or property you like and then either put it on rent or if a piece of land, wait 5odd years and if the price increases then sell it, then keep repeating it and making profit on the way. I have a few relatives who own shops, houses in Bahria Town and have it on rent, they even own plots around Islamabad, one first cousin owns plot in Gwadar. They all live in foreign countries but do have local connections and close relatives who keep an eye out except the Gwadar one.

You will have to make sure ite genuine plot/property as many PDF members suggested @Imran Khan @_NOBODY_ buy through DHA, Bahria, CDA. You don't need to invest 1 crore, just buy 1 plot for 30lakh and see how it works out for you, properties are more expensive ofcourse.

Buying a hotel/restaurant, starting an animal or fruit farm are great investments but too risky if your not there yourself, you will have to keep visiting and have loyal workers who won't backstab you, this will be difficult unless you have trustable relatives who are # scared of you.

It would be a great idea to find a few like minded people and invest as a group. 20lakh between 5 people would get you a decent plot, plus you will gain the experience and make connections.

we start together 21 years ago but god helped me and my thoughts of future were right so i earned more then them . my father is proud of me and he admit i earned more then he earned in his life . my only child is already too rich why give him more millions of rupees ? real estate is a paradise i make my money double every 3-4 years . i start it in 2013 when i buy my first property of life . it was great . i must say knowledge is more important these days . seedha admi mara jata hai we need to be smart and make our kids very smart .

Or find somebody smart like yourself :)
Really appreciate the information you are sharing, I've been reading it for the past 1 week. You ever tried to buy plots in Gwadar?

go for phase three of dreamgardens.... i think i have never seen such kind of society in Pakistan... compete with DHA easily and their plots are booked very quickly..

I am checking this out at the moment, many thanks

Safest investment would be investing in DHA plots, houses or shops. DHA is Lahore is by far the best DHA. Invest in those DHA Lahore phases that are not developed yet as once they are developed the value of your property will increase exponentially. I will recommend DHA phase 8 and 9. Try to look for 10 marla residential plot as this is what you will be able to buy with 1 crore. Over the years as these places get more developed the value of your property will shoot up. DHA is by far the safest place to invest when it comes to real estate as there is no authority strong enough to even look at them the wrong way.
@Meengla

Thanks for this, i am going to start following you lol. Do you live in Pakistan?

If u want to buy property in Islamabad then i guess capital smart city is best. I bought one myself. Its on installments, have a major motorway link to it and ownership and everyis managed, idwntifoed with biometeic data. They also ha e a section for overseas pakistanis. Check their site, its genuine and seems great for futire investment.

Capital Smart City has some good plots. Have you read the latest Pakistan government information on Capital Smart City, the government claiming they tried to sell land around Islamabad but claimed they are in Islamabad. So basically cheap land for the value of Islamabad.

I am confused! Why should I pay $82k when I can have one for as low as $65k for an Iqbal Villa in Precinct 2? Even accounting for West Open and/or a corner location, the difference is too much.
Any inputs on this?

https://www.zameen.com/Houses_Prope...mes___Iqbal_Villas-9031-1.html?sort=price_asc
Be aware of the development charges. In some cases they could be as high as 10-20% in Bahria town schemes. It might be the case that one has already paid it and the other hasnt. Make sure to get a 'complete file' with key and all charges cleared already.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom