What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

Is there only one fazaia housing scheme in Islamabad? If yes then that is that one I am talking about. How is the development pace over there? There is no doubt it has potential due to the location, I hope it has a bright future and of course since the it run by the military it will always be a safe place to invest.
There are two schemes, one is near Faiz-A bad on Islamabad high way and other is near Tarnol, on road from Tarnol railway crossing towards Fateh-Jang (which I am quoting) IMO that is planned very well.

Link: https://g.co/kgs/jngVwm

There are two schemes, one is near Faiz-A bad on Islamabad high way and other is near Tarnol, on road from Tarnol railway crossing towards Fateh-Jang (which I am quoting) IMO that is planned very well.

Link: https://g.co/kgs/jngVwm
In December 2017 my father visited fazaia housing scheme Islamabad near airport. At the time roads were being constructed over there. I don't know which fazaia it was but the location certainly was good as it was near airport. What shocked my father was the insane property rates considering the fact not roads were fully constructed in area. The high property rates can be a strong indication about it is potential bright future.

Being out of Pakistan, the best one can do is only invest in property, as it hedges against inflation and would give ROI .
However one should invest in safe societies like DHA. Bahria used to be safe, but now no more, Bahria has suddenly asked for extra lakhs of rupees for development which if not given can see your plot cancelled or transfered to some far off area within Bahria town.
If one has load of
cash (4-8cr) invest in DHA Karachi
Cash (1-2cr) DHA Lahore/Islamabad
Cash(20-80lacs) then DHA city Karachi
Cash(17-30lacs) then DHA Multan, bhawalpur, Peshawar
Never invest in some business venture when you can't keep ur eyes on due to any reason(distance, work) and never trust anyone
IF you can trust a family member then invest with them in some business
Keep away from profit schemes in bank as rupees always devalues
One keep a portion of their money in prize bonds (40,000 rupees) as it's registered to bank account and can be readily be cashed and or give some prize. Although deobandi say its gambling and hence Haram, but barelvi say it's ok.
One other best way is to open. CDA account for stock exchange, pay for services to some good broker (e.g. Arif Habib) and you can get good tips, analysis from them and can trade via sitting at home in USA.
Please if someone think I am wrong or has any better idea to earn money while sitting foreign country, I would be thankful for their comment.

Are these model houses built by Bahria Town themselves or they are built by those who bought the plot? Also why are these houses so cheap? I have never seen such cheap property in such a magnificent housing society.
If you have any experience in purchasing or selling more than one houses then you should be able to inspect the quality of building well. You must inspect the quality of the structure before buying.
Before buying anything in Bahria Town Karachi you need to make sure that the area in which you are buying property is approved by KDA(Karachi Development Authority) otherwise things may be get very messy for you. Once again I will recommend you to turn your attention towards Islamabad or Lahore for real estate.

A car manufacturing company. Build a simple car, with a basic 4 cylinder engine. Outsource parts you cannot make, like the engine. Maintain quality and a god suspension system. A Suzuki FX competitor.

Also why are these houses so cheap? I have never seen such cheap property in such a magnificent housing society.

Yes, they are so cheap! And looking at fine prints in some of them--those big numbers for each property are only down payments! How do they do real estate business in Pakistan?!!

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Start organic farming with leased land.

Yes, they are so cheap! And looking at fine prints in some of them--those big numbers for each property are only down payments! How do they do real estate business in Pakistan?!!
The reason for those low rates is probably due to problems that Bahria Town Karachi is having right now. These lands are probably not approved by KDA. For the time being avoid Bahria Town Karachi completely. You may look at other Bahria Group projects like Bahria Town Lahore and Bahria Town Rawalpindi.

Try looking at Capital Smart City Islamabad that place has huge potential and all of it is CDA approved.
https://www.smartcitypk.com/#about

@Meengla I scanned through all 10 pages out of curiosity and to be honest most of it is trolling. I have been through same experience when I was planning to invest back in Pakistan. The thing is, whenever you ask for an advice about investment in Pakistan, generally there is a lot of negativity around. People will mostly scare you away or discourage you while the situation on ground is not that bad.

The key is, you have to be physically there and do the thing yourself. I have recently invested in real estate in Lahore (my city) in two different housing schemes. Bought commercial and residential plots which I will eventually sale after few years. There are many reliable housing schemes where the chances of fraud are very less. Check DHA, Behria Town, CDA etc. Safe investment and good return in few years. These societies even have blocks for foreign investors.

Similarly, other option is to buy a franchise from any famous bakery, food chain or pharmacy. You can do that in your 1 crore budget and then scale it from there. You will have support and secure supply chain from the franchise and all you will have to worry about the hired staff in your branch. I personally like pharmacy as it has good business. You can easily set up a branch of Servaid pharmacy in 70 - 80 lakh. Hire a manager and couple of boys who have pharma certificate and you're done. Install cameras in the shop and monitor it occasionally remotely. POS and other support softwares can take care of cash / inventory etc. Similarly, franchise of any local food chain like Fri Chicks, Dominos etc.

There are many options available, just ignore the negativity and personally research about these.

@Meengla I scanned through all 10 pages out of curiosity and to be honest most of it is trolling. I have been through same experience when I was planning to invest back in Pakistan. The thing is, whenever you ask for an advice about investment in Pakistan, generally there is a lot of negativity around. People will mostly scare you away or discourage you while the situation on ground is not that bad.

The key is, you have to be physically there and do the thing yourself. I have recently invested in real estate in Lahore (my city) in two different housing schemes. Bought commercial and residential plots which I will eventually sale after few years. There are many reliable housing schemes where the chances of fraud are very less. Check DHA, Behria Town, CDA etc. Safe investment and good return in few years. These societies even have blocks for foreign investors.

Similarly, other option is to buy a franchise from any famous bakery, food chain or pharmacy. You can do that in your 1 crore budget and then scale it from there. You will have support and secure supply chain from the franchise and all you will have to worry about the hired staff in your branch. I personally like pharmacy as it has good business. You can easily set up a branch of Servaid pharmacy in 70 - 80 lakh. Hire a manager and couple of boys who have pharma certificate and you're done. Install cameras in the shop and monitor it occasionally remotely. POS and other support softwares can take care of cash / inventory etc. Similarly, franchise of any local food chain like Fri Chicks, Dominos etc.

There are many options available, just ignore the negativity and personally research about these.
Interested in franchise, plz advise if any organization can be contacted to help in this regard. Thanks

In india, lots of nurseries have come now a days. Here, top quality of mangoes and other tree plants of 3 years of age are available at around Rs 500. You purchase this season and you will get top quality. Mangoes next year. Just invest Rs 500 this year and start earning minimum Rs 2000 next year which will increase to Rs 5000 every year in next 3 years.

Sir, don't trust DHA and Bahria Town. My friend's family bought a plot in DHA 7 years ago, the file is there but still, the plot is nowhere to be found (brother of an ex-COAS was one of main culprits in a scandal), and for Bahria Town, I think you are not following the current Bahria Town Rawalpindi scandal. IMO, CDA is a safe bet unless some powerful local gang and their men in CDA find an empty plot.

agriculture land ? he is living in USA people will eat his land or dakar bhi mhi leen gay . he need safe and secure investment for long time . agriculture land is for locals only .

mazdoor or thekeydar se kam ap karwao gay bhai jan ??:lol: bhai yahan mazdoor bhi 2number hoty hain factory workers tab tak shareef hain jab tak wo apki majboori nhi ban jaty :D or 1 corore main konsi industry lagti hai ?

You are the only one in this thread who has some actual knowledge of Pakistan. Unfortunately others who are giving advice here are either burger bachay who are investing daddy's hard earned money in fancy burger restaurants and selling it 6 months later at 10% of original investment or have no idea what they are talking about.

100% right in your assessment that setting up any traditional industry or business in Pakistan is difficult. Mazdoor ,thekaydar, supplier, customer aur sarkari baboo aisa choona lagaen ge k naslain yaad karain gi k kabhi hamaray paas bhi paisa tha.

Do NOT buy agri land in Pakistan unless you are actively working the land. Otherwise it'll take 6 months before it belongs to someone else, legally or illegally. Sad but true. There is a reason why Pakistan is so messed up depsite immense resources. Law and order, human and property rights need to protected first before we can develop.

Finally, if you are a retired so and so, I hear there are good options to own 30 acre agri land for just 55,000. Or invest in automobiles; a land cruiser will cost you 3 million which you can sell for 30 million. But that requires some 30 odd years in service.

The thing is, whenever you ask for an advice about investment in Pakistan, generally there is a lot of negativity around. People will mostly scare you away or discourage you while the situation on ground is not that bad.

That's what my 'gut feeling also says: The situation on the ground can't be THAT bad! I have lots and lots of relatives in Karachi, also some friends who have moved back from US to Karachi. They have started businesses and/or bought properties to live in. I don't hear of any complain about their experience. There are some property disputes here and there but that's because of conflicting inheritance claims.

Anyway, to kind of wrap it up from my side on this thread, I have asked the family members in Karachi to look for a Rs. 10-12 million small, ready to move in house in Bahria Town Karachi as long as it's legally secured. I will need to explicitly tell that it will be mine, unless I croak! The property is to remain empty but they are welcome to go and party there on weekly basis. I will also tell them that I have at least no immediate plan to resettle in Pakistan but good to invest in a house in case I do; if I don't want to live in the blasted city of Karachi, then I think BKT property should appreciate considerably in next, say, 5-7 years when I will probably take an early retirement...

Buying property not the route I wanted to take. Some kind of sustainable agriculture or renewable energy business would have been my preference but I want the least amount of effort put in while having a viable and secure investment. Life in America is good but has it's own share of headaches. No need to add a lot more to that.

I think I have made a decision and will try to see it to some fruition. Thank you all! But you can continue to discuss your own plans/suggestions here if you want to, of course.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom