What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

Honestly speaking, If you care about your hard earned money, I’d suggest you keep it in the states. However, if you want to it to be distributed amongst the corrupt institutions and fraud people you are most welcome to bring it to Pakistan. I’m sure you will find hundreds if not thousands of people with some new idea or scheme.
There is no denying that fraud is present here but your statement makes it seems like every single institutions is fraudulent which is obviously not true. There many institutions here that are fraud free, these institutions work through proper channels and make things easy and secure for the clients.

There is no denying that fraud is present here but your statement makes it seems like every single institutions is fraudulent which is obviously not true. There many institutions here that are fraud free, these institutions work through proper channels and make things easy and secure for the clients.

Good luck finding those fraudfree institutions. No offence sir, but if you find any such example please share it with me as well. Even if the transactions are secured, the system is so ill that it will make you lose money one way or the other. That’s because there is no market mechanism or govt. control hence every single industry is manipulated by the giants.

In Pakistan, the math of economics is simple. If you have big money(atleast rs.50 million) and the will to pay informal fees(bribes and gifts), you ll make big money. However if you are a struggling entrepreneur with limited budget, then the only option is to get a job somewhere. It’s harsh but unfortunately true.

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Sir, property investment is good considering your return to Pakistan, land always pays back over time. Keep in mind to clear all necessary paperwork, better through some advocate against an affordable fee.
Most important is to keep visiting that land periodically to avoid land grabbing 'Qabza Mafia' situation.
Try to buy a plot in PAF housing scheme near new Islamabad Airport, all sale purchase happens thru PAF unit in AHQ (physical presence of seller/buyer is mandatory) further out of range of Qabza Mafia.

Good luck finding those fraudfree institutions. No offence sir, but if you find any such example please share it with me as well.

In Pakistan, the math of economics is simple. If you have big money(atleast rs.50 million) and the will to pay informal fees(bribes and gifts), you ll make big money. However if you are a struggling entrepreneur with limited budget, then the only option is to get a job somewhere. It’s harsh but unfortunately true.
My father made his fortune through real estate investment. My father worked in Saudi Arabia for more than 37 years. Six months after my birth my mother also moved to KSA with me. My father was blessed with a great mentor, he was also a Pakistani. He taught my father a lot about real estate, he told my father to only invest in real estate as my father was too naïve for any other business. Luckily my father's mami was running a successful property dealer firm in DHA Lahore. She told my father to invest in DHA Lahore and this was when most of DHA Lahore was jungle. My father did as she told him to and overtime the plot that cost 16 lac Rupees at the time was now worth +1.5 crore. This is how my father made his money. All real estate institution that run by the military are perfectly safe and if you invest in it you will never lose money.
I am sorry that you had to face many difficulties. May Allah make it easy for you and may He bring peace and prosperity to you and your family. If you need any guidance regarding real estate I can help you to the best of my ability.

Sir, property investment is good considering your return to Pakistan, land always pays back over time. Keep in mind to clear all necessary paperwork, better through some advocate against an affordable fee.
Most important is to keep visiting that land periodically to avoid land grabbing 'Qabza Mafia' situation.
Try to buy a plot in PAF housing scheme near new Islamabad Airport, all sale purchase happens thru PAF unit in AHQ (physical presence of seller/buyer is mandatory) further out of range of Qabza Mafia.
With all due respect when I visited Fazaia Islamabad it didn't look very impressive. The location is very good but the property rate seems insane to me. Fazaia Lahore also has an amazing location and it is very well built but its neighboring society is next level though, I am talking about Lake City. People of Fazaia Lahore can go to Lake City for shopping to the decent commercial activity that Lake City will be having. Also Bahria Town Lahore is very near too making things even better.
I would like to learn more about Fazaia Islamabad if you can guide me sir.

My father made his fortune through real estate investment. My father worked in Saudi Arabia for more than 37 years. Six months after my birth my mother also moved to KSA with me. My father was blessed with a great mentor, he was also a Pakistani. He taught my father a lot about real estate, he told my father to only invest in real estate as my father was too naïve for any other business. Luckily my father's mami was running a successful property dealer firm in DHA Lahore. She told my father to invest in DHA Lahore and this was when most of DHA Lahore was jungle. My father did as she told him to and overtime the plot that cost 16 lac Rupees at the time was now worth +1.5 crore. This is how my father made his money. All real estate institution that run by the military are perfectly safe and if you invest in it you will never lose money.
I am sorry that you had to face many difficulties. May Allah make it easy for you and may He bring peace and prosperity to you and your family. If you need any guidance regarding real estate I can help you to the best of my ability.
Thanks brother, your positive attitude alone gave me inspiration. You seem like a good person. Well my friend you were lucky you had a relative in DHA. Coincidentally I too had invested in DHA two years ago and had a very bad experience there. In fact i still visit their office every month because my money is stuck there. The thing is everything is legal and secure and on paper but it’s been 2 years and they still don’t issue my letters blaming it on their own authorised dealer. I guess it’s not the same for everyone and if that’s the case the how can I consider it safe now.

Thanks brother, your positive attitude alone gave me inspiration. You seem like a good person. Well my friend you were lucky you had a relative in DHA. Coincidentally I too had invested in DHA two years ago and had a very bad experience there. In fact i still visit their office every month because my money is stuck there. The thing is everything is legal and secure and on paper but it’s been 2 years and they still don’t issue my letters blaming it on their own authorised dealer. I guess it’s not the same for everyone and if that’s the case the how can I consider it safe now.
Can you give more details about your problem? Also in which DHA did you invest in and which phase?

With all due respect when I visited Fazaia Islamabad it didn't look very impressive. The location is very good but the property rate seems insane to me.

Indeed agreed with you that to grow your financial status, a guidance of some sincere person as a mentor is a fundamental, IMHO your father is lucky enough - most of us (expatriates) are not so lucky.
Further, are you mentioning for PAF housing scheme TURNOL? May be It is not splendid or best one, but I think the plus point is safe investment.

Indeed agreed with you that to grow your financial status, a guidance of some sincere person as a mentor is a fundamental, IMHO your father is lucky enough - most of us (expatriates) are not so lucky.
Further, are you mentioning for PAF housing scheme TURNOL? May be It is not splendid or best one, but I think the plus point is safe investment.
Is there only one fazaia housing scheme in Islamabad? If yes then that is that one I am talking about. How is the development pace over there? There is no doubt it has potential due to the location, I hope it has a bright future and of course since the it run by the military it will always be a safe place to invest.

Based on all the feedback here, I have just about concluded that it's best to invest in some property in Karachi where there are relatives at least to fend off the Qabza Mafia and to ensure proper paper work. I am tempted to go for something in Bahria Town Karachi--I think I saw a 240 sq yds two story bungalow for about Rs. 13 million in December 2019. I have just initiated contact with the family to start looking into that.

I would have preferred some property in Islamabad or Abbottabad (or most northern hilly areas). Or investment in sustainable agriculture/energy sectors with iron-clad govt guarantees. But that doesn't seem likely.

Thank you all!

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Forget number 3 it's haram.

Buy property in DHA of any city, it will be safe and also profitable. As you are buying from investment point of view, buy in DHA of Multan or Bahawalpur as prices of blocks which will be developed in next 2-3 years is quite low. Buy plots on prime locations.

Last edited:
Based on all the feedback here, I have just about concluded that it's best to invest in some property in Karachi where there are relatives at least to fend off the Qabza Mafia and to ensure proper paper work. I am tempted to go for something in Bahria Town Karachi--I think I saw a 240 sq yds two story bungalow for about Rs. 13 million in December 2019. I have just initiated contact with the family to start looking into that.

I would have preferred some property in Islamabad or Abbottabad (or most northern hilly areas). Or investment in sustainable agriculture/energy sectors with iron-clad govt guarantees. But that doesn't seem likely.

Thank you all!
By ignoring Lahore you are missing out a lot. Be sure to check out Gulberg Residencia, B17 and Bahria Town Rawalpindi(it is in b/w Rawalpindi and Islamabad) in Islamabad.

I had similar ideas about investment in Pakistan, however, two things:

A) You can invest if you have somebody who you can trust, somebody who can keep and eye on your property for you.
B) Be physically there to takecare of your land/property.

Therefore, since I dont have any of the above option(s), I have started investing here in Canada. Because its safer to invest where you live rather than risking your hard earn money 10,000 miles away.

By ignoring Lahore you are missing out a lot. Be sure to check out Gulberg Residencia, B17 and Bahria Town Rawalpindi(it is in b/w Rawalpindi and Islamabad) in Islamabad.

Well sir, it's becoming paralysis by analysis! As I said, 6-8 months ago I started similar thread and was scared away then. At this point, at least some of my liquid assets in America should make to Pakistan. Investment or help to the family whatever. I don't have a clear idea except some assets should leave here. As I said, there are other assets and investments here. Not all eggs will be in one basket that way.

Well sir, it's becoming paralysis by analysis! As I said, 6-8 months ago I started similar thread and was scared away then. At this point, at least some of my liquid assets in America should make to Pakistan. Investment or help to the family whatever. I don't have a clear idea except some assets should leave here. As I said, there are other assets and investments here. Not all eggs will be in one basket that way.
I am just telling to be thorough as there are a lot of good and safe places to invest(both from investment and security point of view) in Pakistan. Even if you don't plan on investing in Lahore or Islamabad, you should still check out the real estate in both of these cities as looking won't hurt you. I can recommend a couple of such places if you don't mind. Best of luck my friend, I hope Allah blesses you and your family with peace and prosperity.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom