What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

There is plenty of Pakistani food which is not even heard of in India.

Here are some examples:

Matka Gosht
Sajji
Chapli Kabab
Kabuli pilau
Roghan Josh
Shab Deg key Kabab
Khagina
Qeemay waley naan
Chanay kee dal gosht
Murgh Choley
Peshwari ice cream
Aloo wali daal
White Chicken karhai
Green masal chicken

... and many more

You will be surprised to know that most of the above are available in India except for 2 or 3 dishes. You can find them in Restaurants run by Muslims in Lucknow or Hyderabad.

Here are some examples:

Matka Gosht
Sajji
Chapli Kabab
Kabuli pilau
Roghan Josh
Shab Deg key Kabab
Khagina
Qeemay waley naan
Chanay kee dal gosht
Murgh Choley
Peshwari ice cream
Aloo wali daal
White Chicken karhai
Green masal chicken

... and many more
Correction: All the cusines in bold are available in India as well.
The bulk of Pakistani and Indian non veg recipes are similar. The only difference is in the combination of the masala used, specially the composition of the Garam Masala part.

Regardless of the dish one difference is the use of spices. I think and hope I am right Pakistani dishes have more spices while Indian dishes have less spices.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong here. Indians use as many spices as Pakistani people use in food. For an example, there is this famous Chicken Biryani made in Hyderabad, India, where a total of 66 items are used to make it including spices. You can imagine how many spices might have gone into that.

yaar... yeh kya topic shoru ker diya hai...

me in Hong Kong... dont cook... live on noodles! miss home now!

P.S. chinese think their food is the best in the world.

Neo, try this out if you haven't done already.
HYDRABADI MUTTON BIRYANI
Ingredients:

Mutton cut in to small pieces 1kg.
Milk ½ cup.
Garam masala powder 4 tsp.
Whole garam masala 4 tbsp.
Butter 50 gms.
Sliced onions 1 cup.
Golden fried sliced onions ¾ cup
Garlic paste 4 tbsps.
Rose Water 4 tbsps.
Ginger paste 4 tbsps.
Oil 5 tbsps
Red chili powder 3 tsps.
Salt To taste
Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
Saffron ½ gm.
Turmeric powder 2 tsps.
Curd (yogurt) beaten 1 cup
Bay leaf 4 nos.
Kewda water 2 tbsp

Direction:
1. Marinate mutton pieces .Mix salt, ½ of the red chili powder, ½ of the chopped ginger, ½ of the chopped garlic, 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder, ½ of the turmeric powder and Curd/Yogurt. Mix well and put mutton pieces in this for two hour.

2. Wash and soak rice in water for about 30 minutes.

3. Boil water, add ½ of the Whole Garam Masala , bay leaf and salt and boil rice till ¾th done. Drain rice and keep aside.

4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add remaining Whole Garam masala. Let it crackle. Add Sliced onions and sauté’ until light golden brown.

5. Then add remaining chopped ginger, chopped garlic, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, 1 tsp. Garam Masala powder and chopped tomatoes. Cook for about 30 minutes. Add marinated mutton and cook till mutton is tender.

6. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and keep aside.

7. Arrange alternate layers of mutton and rice. Sprinkle saffron dissolved in milk, remaining Garam Masala powder, mint leaves, golden fried sliced onions and butter in between the layers and on top. Make sure that you end with the rice layer topped with saffron , rose water and spices.

8. Cover and seal with aluminum foil . Cook in a preheated oven, for 20 minutes

# Serve hot with Raita(Any flavour, Bundi Raita or Hari Mirch Raita)

well ppl, anybody has ever heard about KUNNA?..I mean its a special chiniotee dish....though I dont know the recipe but it tastes good :P

Any and every Delhi'ite will profess a dangerous level of partiality to one dish:

Choley Bhature.

Here are some examples:

Matka Gosht
Sajji
Chapli Kabab
Kabuli pilau
Roghan Josh
Shab Deg key Kabab
Khagina
Qeemay waley naan
Chanay kee dal gosht
Murgh Choley
Peshwari ice cream
Aloo wali daal
White Chicken karhai
Green masal chicken

... and many more

Hey man you are making me hungry can i have some and paya's to please

You are wrong here. Indians use as many spices as Pakistani people use in food. For an example, there is this famous Chicken Biryani made in Hyderabad, India, where a total of 66 items are used to make it including spices. You can imagine how many spices might have gone into that.

You're completely wrong. I've had Indian food on number of occasions and they taste nothing like the Pakistani food. It's basically a watered down, "Peekha" version of whatever we have to offer. Along with that, all my friends have pretty much had the same experience. But that's just my opinion. And a couple of a hundred people that I know who've tried both.

Indian Food vs Pakistani Food:

1. I am not too fond of the presentation of Indian Food in small QAULI's or plate pots?!!

2. There is NO EQUIVALENT anywhere let along India of the Pakistan CHICKEN TIKKA and Roghni NAAN! The same goes for BOTTI TIKKA! Both are good when served with spices.

3. Pakistani's are predominantly 'halal' MEAT-EATERS (Cow, Goat etc) compared to majority Indian VEGE-EATERS!

4. When I was in DC there was a restaurant called KOHINOOR (I think) that served Indian food (which was presented like Pakistani Food) however the top restaurant in and around DC remained the FOOD FACTORY that served mainly Chicken Tikka with naan's!

5. A few times our Indian friends in DC invited us to taste their home-cooked cuisine! Frankly, Pakistani food tasted much better and less smelly!

6. In Indian cuisine the concept of PHULKA is of a small Chappati compared to PHULKA is Pakistan is more of a Roti!

Lastly Indian food is influenced greatly from the Mughal Period with a hint of Bengali and Burmese cuisine while Pakistani food is influenced by both Mughal/ Afghani and Central Asian cuisines!

You're completely wrong. I've had Indian food on number of occasions and they taste nothing like the Pakistani food. It's basically a watered down, "Peekha" version of whatever we have to offer. Along with that, all my friends have pretty much had the same experience. But that's just my opinion. And a couple of a hundred people that I know who've tried both.

You might have had the Indian dishes outside of India which are not really authentic Indian dishes. Usually, the restaurants outside of India make them less spicy and less hot to make it suitable for the consumption by the local (westerners), that is the reason you find it 'peekha'. You should taste the Indian dishes in India, then you will be able to judge by yourselves if it is very spicy or not.

You might have had the Indian dishes outside of India which are not really authentic Indian dishes. Usually, the restaurants outside of India make them less spicy and less hot to make it suitable for the consumption by the local (westerners), that is the reason you find it 'peekha'. You should taste the Indian dishes in India, then you will be able to judge by yourselves if it is very spicy or not.

I knew you'd say this. But unfortunately, I must tell you that I've been to India several times. (Not on purpose, Sports tours) and we've had the opportunity to check out the local cuisine. I know, it might sound typical that a Pakistani guy didn't like Indian food, but the reality is completely opposite of that. It was what it was. And none of us liked the food. :/

Back
Top Bottom