What's new

Indian Army jawan protects girl from eve teasers, loses life after being hit on head

Armyman’s death: Over 50 people stood there, watching…no one protested.

Sad state of Indian society.

Foolish to blame Indian society for this, probably you have never heard of the bystander effect

Bystander effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Armyman's pic

4b9f71fe-e939-40ab-9ff5-6b2e25d50270wallpaper1.jpg

Foolish to blame Indian society for this, probably you have never heard of the bystander effect

Armyman's pic

4b9f71fe-e939-40ab-9ff5-6b2e25d50270wallpaper1.jpg

Wrong analogy, more a case of fatigue, the army guy as a bystander did intervene however he as a bystander became the victim.... the general public stood by which is disturbing as after the high profile Delhi incident, one would expect more reaction from members of the public.

My salute to this brave person. Training of Indian army is such that they won't mind giving their life protecting civilians.
RIP.

RIP Ved MitraChaudhary, you're not just an Indian hero but a hero for us all. Allah bless you, what a noble man!
I remember the Gurkha who killed 3 sex attackers when he got jumped by a mob. It's sad that brother Mitra was not armed.
As for these savages, let them get thrown into a pit with the Gurkha, Jatt, Sikh and Rajput regiments. I want to see them torn apart. I'm sure the army jawans want payback.

let us not use academic and fake-psychology words to describe the general apathy in india... couldn't 50 people look at each other and gather courage in numbers and confront the criminals??

like someone said before, most indian males are trained by the mothers of the older generation to not get involved in helping others or giving money to others... that stays with them unless association with disciplined institutions like the military or progressive groups gets them to ditch their family training and act.

'Men Beat the Jawan Till He Collapsed,' Says Father of the Girl He Saved'
MEERUT: Female foeticide to honour killing and rape - Meerut has seen every sort of brutality against women. So it was a shock for this rough western Uttar Pradesh town, locals said, when an army man paid with his life while trying to protect a girl from molestation.

Lance Naik Vedmitra Chaudhury, 35, was beaten to death by three men on Thursday.

Around 5.30 in the evening, the girl, 24, had gone to deliver some tea to her father, who runs a dairy in the area. But some of the men in the shop had targeted her, catcalling and passing lewd comments. The jawan, who had come to buy milk, had intervened.

"One of the boys slapped the jawan and a fight broke out. More men from the village came with weapons in hand and beat up the man till he collapsed," said the girl's father, who had been witness to the event.

Mr Chaudhury, who lived in the city with his wife and children, was admitted to an Army Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries on Saturday, the police said. His funeral was held in his village, Shamli, today.

The girl he saved said the harassment had been on for six days, but she was scared of telling her parents. "I thought the blame would come on me and my parents would stop my education," said the girl, who one day wants to be a civil services officer.

Now the whole family is living under the fear of retaliation by the gang.
Even after three days of the incident, they don't have police protection. The statement of the girl is yet to be recorded and only three out of the eight people named in the case have been arrested.

The police say they had been busy - with preparations for Independence Day. Dismissing the possibility of threat to the family, city Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said, "I have my eyes on them."
'
Jawan beaten to death while trying to save girl from molestation

Last edited:
Thats tragic.. Respect and RIP.. Hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice

they are more looks like criminals than just eve teasers... hope police try 3rd degree with them well...

LOL... ya. They look more like criminals than college students.

The IRONY is that their caste name is "Saini" ..... corruption of the word "SAINIK" :disagree: ....... who's ancestors have been soldiers.

Akash Saini, Sanju Saini and Satish Saini.

Back
Top Bottom