What's new

Tale Of A Kashmiri Girl From Srinagar Who Lost Her Parents, Escaped The Indian Army.......

Well here lies the problem India only sees the 500,000 displaced pundits but turns a blind eye to almost a million displaced Muslim Kashmiri's many who were forced to move due to Indian army raids on villages

Just stop terrorism and killing of innocent civilians...and nobody will be raiding their homes.

As I said earlier, they just need to be good citizens and live peacefully in India, and if their religion is preventing them from living in a Hindu majority country, then that call has been answered in 1947 by creating separate Muslim countries, they are free to be among the Muslims there. BUT, what they can't do is to drive out the people of minority religions from a place and demand another separate Muslim country there.

What Pakistan would do if those 1%-2% Hindus left there demand a separate country or want to join India along with their land?

Or disappeared youth who were abducted cuz x,y or z person who they knew might be a militant

These are bedtime stories, there are millions of youth living there without facing police action..dig deeper and you will find that those who faced police action had deeper ties with the militants than just knowing them.

Just stop terrorism and killing of innocent civilians...and nobody will be raiding their homes.

As I said earlier, they just need to be good citizens and live peacefully in India, and if their religion is preventing them from living in a Hindu majority country, then that call has been answered in 1947 by creating separate Muslim countries, they are free to be among the Muslims there. BUT, what they can't do is to drive out the people of minority religions from a place and demand another separate Muslim country there.

What Pakistan would do if those 1%-2% Hindus left there demand a separate country or want to join India along with their land?
They don't want to be citizens of India cuz that curse was imposed on them by a Hindu dogra dictator
And the call for a separate Muslim country was made by a kashmiri Allama Iqbal
Are Hindus a majority in any region of Pakistan?

These are bedtime stories, there are millions of youth living there without facing police action..dig deeper and you will find that those who faced police action had deeper ties with the militants than just knowing them.
Nope they were just present at a wrong place at a wrong time so police to hide their incompetence abducts the first person they find

Just notice how fair we are, those who found it painful to live among majority Hindu communities, like you, were just allowed to go to their coveted land which were created for the Muslim folks who are in pain...rest of the population stayed behind as Indians. Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh weren't that lucky, patriotic or not, they had to leave and still leaving.

This isn't any form of fairness. It is lack of choice. Muslims demanded Pakistan... they got it by advocating their interests and paying the price in blood. If we wouldn't have strived for Pakistan we would be in an even worse position. At least we muslims of Indian occupied parts have one nation we can rely on for support and if times are bad sanctuary. Thats what my parents and grandparents from my fathers side felt which is why they moved. And moving back to the topic-this girl too, the girl which is discussed in the article.

Again I say. We muslims of Indian occupied parts are not Indian. We may have chosen to stay behind either because we had no choice or the means to move but we will always be loyal to Pakistan-even if some muslims left do become Indians and are tamed. I have cousins of both types.

Leave aside "forgetting their values-secular values", there are barely any example of Muslim countries with secular values to begin with. Secularism is in contradiction with the tenants of Islam which doesn't believe in the sanctity of other religions, especially the non-Abrahamic ones.

You are absolutely wrong. It is easy to see the current dictatorial regimes and believe secularism is anti Islam as these regimes portray. The truth is otherwise. Islam could not have grown without secular policies initially because the non muslim population once outnumbered the early muslims.

Btw, Zoroastrians were converted by secular policies? Ha? That was one of the most brutal and state sponsored conversion program!

I believe so. If you do not that is your choice.

Hinduism is a philosophy, people are free to follow it as per their own will, and not by compulsion or force. We never felt the need to run a multi-level marketing scheme to spread it..it's not a imperialistic political force that needs numbers and reach.

Well you do seem insecure about conversions to Islam and proselytizing by Christians. Why is that?

Yes, you do need to start protecting your minuscule number of minorities before they go dodos.

No comment as the said topic is off topic.

We can't help it if some Muslims in Kashmir valley believe that bulldozing the non-Muslims and killing innocent people in the name of jihad is their religious duty and preventing them from doing so is oppression.

Most Kashmiris use peaceful means to achieve independence or merger with Pakistan. But muslims are suffering in Kashmir. When you kill someones parents they will try to take revenge. You can be sure of it. Even I have no intention of leaving RAW for what they have done in my country.

[And your Lucknowis who might be in pain are suggested to use democratic means to protest, any undemocratic means will get an undemocratic response from the state.

I agree, unless the state of Pakistan calls on them to fight when India attacks Pakistan-they can be a war asset. Fighting without the support of a state or without sanction is not allowed.

They don't want to be citizens of India cuz that curse was imposed on them by a Hindu dogra dictator
And the call for a separate Muslim country was made by a kashmiri Allama Iqbal
Are Hindus a majority in any region of Pakistan?

Partition is a done deal...do you think all of those Hindus who became part of Pakistan and Bangladesh were actually wanted to be part of a Muslim country? There were many Hindu majority places that went to East or West Pakistan, were the Hindus there supposed to run terrorist activities then? What would the East & West Pakistan's or Bangladesh's response be if they did so? They either stayed there or moved on to India. Kashmir joined India instead of Pakistan as per their king's will, and there was no provision for a third state. Now, either the Muslim Kashmiris there can live peacefully or they can move over to Pakistan, there is no third or fourth option.

Last edited:
This isn't any form of fairness. It is lack of choice. Muslims demanded Pakistan... they got it by advocating their interests and paying the price in blood. If we wouldn't have strived for Pakistan we would be in an even worse position. At least we muslims of Indian occupied parts have one nation we can rely on for support and if times are bad sanctuary. Thats what my parents and grandparents from my fathers side felt which is why they moved. And moving back to the topic-this girl too, the girl which is discussed in the article.

Again I say. We muslims of Indian occupied parts are not Indian. We may have chosen to stay behind either because we had no choice or the means to move but we will always be loyal to Pakistan-even if some muslims left do become Indians and are tamed. I have cousins of both types.

They have choices:

1. They can live as Indians and contribute to the society, most of them are doing so.

2. They can move over to Pakistan or Bangladesh that were created for Muslims, some did.

3. They can try to repeat another partition and face the consequences, a few are facing that.

It's a very fair deal.

You are absolutely wrong. It is easy to see the current dictatorial regimes and believe secularism is anti Islam as these regimes portray. The truth is otherwise. Islam could not have grown without secular policies initially because the non muslim population once outnumbered the early muslims.

Practical examples always carry more weight than theories...and what I said is actually happening or happened, not how it should be.

Btw, isn't converting people to Islam is one of the main religious duties in Islam? And apparently end result supersedes the means. Your blasphemy law, is it a fair deal to the minorities of Pakistan, or Bangladesh?

It's not about what you or I believe, just read some history from credible sources, or google a bit, and you will find the awful measures that were taken by the state to convert Zoroastrians to Islam.

The biggest problem with the Muslims in general (barring some liberal exceptions) is that they don't really believe in the humane principal of "Live and let live". They need to....

You won't find this problem among Hindus in general (again barring some rogue exceptions), because we believe there can be many paths leading to the ultimate goal of salvation, your intent and your actions are more important than your rituals. That's why you will find plenty of Hindus in Muslim dargas and mazhars.

Why? When you talk about the status of religious minorities in India, then the topic of the status of religious minorities in Pakistan and Bangladesh comes naturally, we are connected by a shared history.

Most Kashmiris use peaceful means to achieve independence or merger with Pakistan. But muslims are suffering in Kashmir. When you kill someones parents they will try to take revenge. You can be sure of it. Even I have no intention of leaving RAW for what they have done in my country.

First step for the parents should be to check the activities of their radicalized children, knowing the consequences of it.

I agree, unless the state of Pakistan calls on them to fight when India attacks Pakistan-they can be a war asset. Fighting without the support of a state or without sanction is not allowed.

I am not too hopeful about whether they would answer to that call...a very large majority of them didn't during our past 'engagements' with Pakistan. However, if anyone does, then that person knows the consequences of treason in advance.

Well you do seem insecure about conversions to Islam and proselytizing by Christians. Why is that?

After videos have emerged of the brutal repression that Army/police are inflicting on civilians demanding freedom from Pakistan in occupied Kashmir, you still have the audacity of spewing this nonsense? Those videos are going to be circulated in the entire valley. After that, the two dozen Kashmiris with any sympathy towards Pakistan will also detest it.

They have choices:

1. They can live as Indians and contribute to the society, most of them are doing so.

2. They can move over to Pakistan or Bangladesh that were created for Muslims, some did.

3. They can try to repeat another partition and face the consequences, a few are facing that.

It's a very fair deal.

Practical examples always carry more weight than theories...and what I said is actually happening or happened, not how it should be.

Btw, isn't converting people to Islam is one of the main religious duties in Islam? And apparently end result supersedes the means. Your blasphemy law, is it a fair deal to the minorities of Pakistan, or Bangladesh?

You are moving the discussion onto Pakistan and going off topic. Very common among some Indians. The blasphemy law is a mistake. But you might consider that Pakistan Iran and Saudi are theocratic regimes. Such things can be expected in these states. Secularism can end said problem.

It's not about what you or I believe, just read some history from credible sources, or google a bit, and you will find the awful measures that were taken by the state to convert Zoroastrians to Islam.

I disagree. But there were select incidences of violence and at times suppression of Zoroastrian faith. But remember no one can forcefully convert an entire population unless they see the benefits of conversion themselves.

The biggest problem with the Muslims in general (barring some liberal exceptions) is that they don't really believe in the humane principal of "Live and let live". They need to....

That is incorrect.

You won't find this problem among Hindus in general (again barring some rogue exceptions), because we believe there can be many paths leading to the ultimate goal of salvation, your intent and your actions are more important than your rituals. That's why you will find plenty of Hindus in Muslim dargas and mazhars.

How is that part of benevolence on the part of Hindus. Just their mosques existence points to the fact that all muslims are happy? I have never heard of a Hindu build a mosque. We built those mosques and dargahs ourselves so we could worship.

About Hindus visiting mosques and muslims temples I think its a good initiative.

Why? When you talk about the status of religious minorities in India, then the topic of the status of religious minorities in Pakistan and Bangladesh comes naturally, we are connected by a shared history.

Minorities in the sub continet have it hard.

First step for the parents should be to check the activities of their radicalized children, knowing the consequences of it.

Similarly Hindus should do the same. I mean Modi coming to power, Tytler still out? I think many Indians are as radicalized as muslims.

I am not too hopeful about whether they would answer to that call...a very large majority of them didn't during our past 'engagements' with Pakistan. However, if anyone does, then that person knows the consequences of treason in advance.

Well there will be a time when we are forced to rebel in favor of Pakistan. I hope at that time Indians (hindutvas) can look critically and see the root causes of the problem. I also hope it does not spoil relations between Hindus and Muslims forever.

You are moving the discussion onto Pakistan and going off topic. Very common among some Indians. The blasphemy law is a mistake. But you might consider that Pakistan Iran and Saudi are theocratic regimes. Such things can be expected in these states. Secularism can end said problem.

Status of minorities in India cannot be judged in isolation without bringing in the topic of the status of minorities in Pakistan.

I disagree. But there were select incidences of violence and at times suppression of Zoroastrian faith. But remember no one can forcefully convert an entire population unless they see the benefits of conversion themselves.

Yes, Zoroastrians were forced to see the benefits of conversion to Islam. A mild example, laws were made to ensure that if any member of a Zoroastrian family converted to Islam, he/she was entitled to all inheritance, for other family members the only way to avoid that was to go for a mass conversion of the entire family. Zoroastrians were discriminated and persecuted in every sphere of life, just read about them to find out the more direct and brutal methods.

That is incorrect.

No. Just take the example of Kashmiri Muslims, did they practice the principal of "Live and let live" towards their non-Muslim neighbours?

How is that part of benevolence on the part of Hindus. Just their mosques existence points to the fact that all muslims are happy? I have never heard of a Hindu build a mosque. We built those mosques and dargahs ourselves so we could worship.

About Hindus visiting mosques and muslims temples I think its a good initiative.

For the first part, you completely misunderstood my post.

And for the second part, it is not a new initiative.

Minorities in the sub continet have it hard.

Mostly in the two states based on religion.

Similarly Hindus should do the same. I mean Modi coming to power, Tytler still out? I think many Indians are as radicalized as muslims.

Modi was given clean chit by the court during the Congress regime itself, we cannot punish anyone just because some people think that the person has committed some crime. And even the radicalized Hindus would look like Dalai Lama when compared against the Kalashnikov-toting jihadi types chopping heads and blasting around in crowded places.

Well there will be a time when we are forced to rebel in favor of Pakistan. I hope at that time Indians (hindutvas) can look critically and see the root causes of the problem. I also hope it does not spoil relations between Hindus and Muslims forever.

Feel free to rebel. Gandhi is dead.

Unfortunately...it is a collateral damage that happens in a conflict zone...How about sons and daughters of the Army officers who are lost their parents while fighting with militants? Does any one cares about them???...That is why we should try our best to end the conflict in Kashmir so that another generation of Kashmir will not loose their future...But again, it is a too much to dream for based on current situation

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom