What's new

I cannot logout from PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i tried it but when i re open web browser and go on pdf website. I was still login there and when i tried to log out then it gave me the same error. I think may be need to restart pc and then open chrome to see if its work but i encountered the same problems yesterday
There should be no need to reboot. This is not a computer problem but a hosting problem. Anyone should be able to log in and log out AT WILL with no need to play around with any cookie and/or browser setting. Whatever whoever did in trying to upgrade the forum software or deal with DDOS attacks, they did it in the extreme.

===
Just a few seconds ago...

I tried to log out but received that 'Page not found' message. Then I shut down the browser, re-opened it, then successfully logged out. Now when I tried to log out again, that 'Page not found' message appeared.

So it is NOT a computer problem.

I had the same problem as the OP. I am using Firefox.

Since its Christmas, I refuse to clear my cookies. :rofl:

There should be no need to reboot. This is not a computer problem but a hosting problem. Anyone should be able to log in and log out AT WILL with no need to play around with any cookie and/or browser setting. Whatever whoever did in trying to upgrade the forum software or deal with DDOS attacks, they did it in the extreme.

===
Just a few seconds ago...

I tried to log out but received that 'Page not found' message. Then I shut down the browser, re-opened it, then successfully logged out. Now when I tried to log out again, that 'Page not found' message appeared.

So it is NOT a computer problem.
well you at least can logout when you re-open your browse. I cannot logout even if i shut my browser or PC, I restarted my pc but when i open the pdf site i was log in there already

There is no fix to this problem. If you want to log out, just clear the cookies.

It is neither a browser nor cookies issue. It is a hosting service issue.

Band-aid fix: When encounter that 'Page not found' message, close the browser, re-open it, then there will be a successful log out.

But if the person log back in again, then the whole loop starts all over again.

I have duplicated this behavior in two different states and on different PCs.

A Question: You have replicated the problem that when you log out the browser gives you page not found or that the web browser points to: http://www.defence.pk/forums/defence50x.html

instead of: http://www.defence.pk/forums/login.php?do=logout

For Raja - Can you give 2 screenshots.

1) Point out where you are clicking to log out.
2) The exact page not found screen capture with the address bar visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom