What's new

First Squadron of JF-17 Inducted on 18/02/2010

oh mie godddd.. now we are worried.
just watched NDTV that US has offered a joint venture to India to develop advance version of F-22 and India will provide all the necessary upgrades developed by indians only.

aaa baab raay...

IAF 10-15 years from now
F-22
F-35
PAF-FA
EF
Gripen
Super hornet
F-16s
Su-30
MCA?
LCA?

PAF is only left with "FC-1" and F-sola.

So u dont think that PAK-FA is a Threat to You... i dont think when it strikes say in 2020, PAF can get away saying "We have differnet Needs"

Ans as a matter of fact, If India had to buy ONLY Planes it could get all from your list (except F22 ), while you have No Option but the Chinese who still depend on Russians.

Coming to the topic, My Congratulations to PAF on this Induction.

Pictures of JF-17's Arrival in No.26Sqn:cheers:
ac62456e35fa48e293df2202482f959d.jpg

3390d1d1b61e2b84bc33282d7e738bf5.jpg

So u dont think that PAK-FA is a Threat to You... i dont think when it strikes say in 2020, PAF can get away saying "We have differnet Needs"
2020 is 10 years away. That is approximately 3650 days away, which is roughly 87600 hours, 5256000 minutes and 315360000 seconds. You think we can't come up with a suitable defence against your self-proclaimed "superweapon" PAK-FA in all that time? Are you assuming that we will sit on our as*es for 10 years?

The question is not "whether or not we will counter the PAK-FA", because the answer to that is self-evident. The question rather is, "how soon can we build a minimum defensive capability against it and how soon do we go the extra mile and develop the capability to completely nullify the PAK-FA?" These questions remain to be answered. The Chinese are one possible source for answers (and for good reason) but ten years from the F-35 will likely be available to ex-F-16 operators, as the US wouldn't want to lose its long-time customers to foreign suppliers. There is also the question of the F-15 Silent Eagle, which is in reality far closer to the PAK-FA than the F-35. Not to mention other fifth generation options that might come up by then.

My point is, rest assured friend, this new toy of yours will be dealt with as well. "Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai"

Last edited:

Ans as a matter of fact, If India had to buy ONLY Planes it could get all from your list (except F22 ), while you have No Option but the Chinese who still depend on Russians.

10 years still to go till then may b j-xx or stealthier version of jf-17 who knows??? 10 year is a long time span...Remember if a giant Soviet Union can collapse within ten years than anythng can happen so i hope u wil stop being passimistic about PAF and Pakistan coz v r unpredictable:chilli:

10 years still to go till then may b j-xx or stealthier version of jf-17 who knows??? 10 year is a long time span...Remember if a giant Soviet Union can collapse within ten years than anythng can happen so i hope u wil stop being passimistic about PAF and Pakistan coz v r unpredictable:chilli:

and also if you look at PAF 10 years ago it was completely different

we have inducted JF-17s , F-16s (used), Refuellers, AWACS, Cruise Missiles and the list goes on....... all in 10 years span

so who knows what holds for Pakistan between 2010 - 2020? besides some apparent deals of JF-17s, FC-20s and F-16s :D

and also if you look at PAF 10 years ago it was completely different

we have inducted JF-17s , F-16s (used), Refuellers, AWACS, Cruise Missiles and the list goes on....... all in 10 years span

so who knows what holds for Pakistan between 2010 - 2020? besides some apparent deals of JF-17s, FC-20s and F-16s :D

I hope our economy would b back on track once USA leaves afghanistan then we can spend more in defence but only ALLAH knows best ask ALLAH for Mercy and Help thats the only thng we can do

I think we should ignore posts of those who are here to troll on every thread related to Pak defence.

Many threads like this one gives inf abt Pak defence r very intresting, and also gives updated info untill , Indians come and troll it and the beauty of the valuable posts go down.

I hope soon Mods will come up with new & revise policiy to stop these things.

This thread should be merged with "JF-17 Multirole"

yarr ye kali tasweeron se kam nahin chalay ga...any one bring some high resolution pix yarr..kdhar hain photographers ???

two different colour scheme of JF-17 thunder that i captured from a video posted earlier in this thread.

1-NORMAL,LIGHT COLORS.

eb59e1005b7d718f8da41f35bbd55322.jpg

2-THE DARK GRAY AND LIGHT GRAY COLOR SCHEME.

edaadb4012c56c2b33fa3abcef423c62.jpg

386b1041c9875a75b6b228dec200e305.jpg

80b18224188f8495350056195c357a68.jpg

37af4e948cd058798a7f00738e81f7f8.jpg

There are lots od options Available to Pakistan PAF to counter both the
SU30MKI

MMRCA

And beyond that PAK FA.

Possibly even RUSSIA.

The problem FOR PAKISTAN is two fold.

ITS LACKS POLITICAL & INDUSTRIAL CLOUT to be given the world best military hardware. ie Does the USA or indeed Europe consider it to be a vital strategic ally worthy of hitech military equipment.

Secondly and crucially MONEY BUDGET the Fighters been mentioned as future PAF fighters cost SERIOUS VERY SERIOUS DOLLARS.

Even F15 silent eagle is over $100m as quoted to Israel recently...

Way to much for a very small military budget power like Pakistan even in 5 years time..

Thats why we will see only

Far cheaper chinease fighters

Grant aid F16s single engine and cheap

2nd hand retiring fighters like F16C/D frm europe or mid east retiring mirage 2000 planes.

IF YOU FOLLOW PAF last 50 years they have always ducked dived to maintain a large fleet thru free hardware or chinease hardware. ie free mirages from libya virtually free mirages frm austrialia and very low cost F7s from china.

That philosophy won,t change without a HUGE change in pakistan financially/political condition.

There are lots od options Available to Pakistan PAF to counter both the
SU30MKI

MMRCA

And beyond that PAK FA.

Possibly even RUSSIA.

The problem FOR PAKISTAN is two fold.

ITS LACKS POLITICAL & INDUSTRIAL CLOUT to be given the world best military hardware. ie Does the USA or indeed Europe consider it to be a vital strategic ally worthy of hitech military equipment.

Secondly and crucially MONEY BUDGET the Fighters been mentioned as future PAF fighters cost SERIOUS VERY SERIOUS DOLLARS.

Even F15 silent eagle is over $100m as quoted to Israel recently...

Way to much for a very small military budget power like Pakistan even in 5 years time..

Thats why we will see only

Far cheaper chinease fighters

Grant aid F16s single engine and cheap

2nd hand retiring fighters like F16C/D frm europe or mid east retiring mirage 2000 planes

IF YOU FOLLOW PAF last 50 years they have always ducked dived to maintain a large fleet thru free hardware or chinease hardware. ie free mirages from libya virtually free mirages frm austrialia and very low cost F7s from china.

That philosophy won,t change without a HUGE change in pakistan financially/political condition.

Our F16 C/D are bought and are brand new not in aid.And so are our MLU upgraded jets
2)Look at our economy till 2005 asia fastest
3)Things dont remain the same always
4)50 decades we had better economy then indias
5)70% indian not pakistani population is poor
6)50 years and 2 wars after look at ur airforce jet losses u will be humiliated if u have some shame
7)What free hardware?
8)Cheap chinese fighters ???which ones are u talking about???J10B is not even operational and PAF will upgrade it more ?
9)What free hardware are we recieving?
10)Free mirages from libya :rofl: are u a moron?
11)Ever heard of ROSE Programme???avionics,radars etc....?
12)Low cost J7PGS that had modern western avionics,bvr,radar and modified canopies?
13)IAF flies 250 shytty 1950s mig21s that crash every second day

14?Even with our current weak economy we bought alot of good stuff,MICA,Jf17,Frigs,U214,refullers,18 F16 c/d and may buy 18 more,milgem corvettes,Spada,M109A5,Panter and others
15)Dont worry our economy we are on right track and our first priority is our education,health and economy...........
16)Do u think u will buy pak fa from russia till 2018 and we wont have anything to counter it????
17)We always had something that kept u in ur place in 65 sabers,71 star fighters now F16s and in 5th generation we will ensure to keep u in ur place.

Last edited:
That term, strategic, is thrown around way too much on this forum. We really must be very careful when using it, because it is often used in a context it shouldn't be. For example, here you are trying to imply that India is a greater "strategic" focus for the Armed Forces of Europe and the US than Pakistan is. However, ground reality is exactly reversed.

As far as the next 5 years go, there is little India can do with its Armed Forces that could directly help either the US or Europe, hence it is in no way a "strategic" focus for them. Pakistan, on the other hand, holds quite a few cards which, if we play them right, could benefit many. India's role in the grander things in this region is limited to financial investment and geo-politics, whereas Pakistan's role spans the spectrum from economy, nation building, politics, Armed Forces, aversion of conflicts and much, much more that you and I don't even know about. We simply have a lot more to offer to the World in general and this region in particular, which is why we were in the front row while India was in the third at the recent London conference (I'm not bragging, I say this only because I need to).

What you meant to say is that India has a greater pull-power for international business, which is absolutely true. If a European firm had the option of selling 200 jets to India with ToPT or 50 jets to Pakistan without ToPT, they would likely choose the first. However, we must also remember that there are many companies around the world that would love to do business with Pakistan, and there is no way India can do business with all of them. Therefore, there will never be a situation where Pakistan has noone to turn to because of India, that is merely a fantasy.

My point is simply this. There are way too many people sitting on their high horses looking down at us. Pakistan's defense capability is still of vital importance to the World (at least for the next 5 years), and there are still many opportunities that await us if we would like to avail them (at least for the next decade). We still have tremendous pulling power, even if it isn't as great as our gigantic neighbours India and China. Someone said "I don't think the F-35 will be offered to Pakistan ten years from now". I say, why won't it? because Lockheed Martin would be willing to sacrifice a long-time customer so as not to hurt India's feelings?

This is not a game of monopoly between siblings.

Last edited:
people fail to understand one thing the world is moving TOGETHER towards a 5th generation fighter! this is the same debate i am sure many countries had when the first jet fighters were introduced & everyone must have thought no way would the soviets or the US would share technology!

well guess what THEY DID! today everyone is on the same plateau! so yes when the PAK-FA & F-35 become front line fighters trust me the world will RECEIVE the technology! everyone will move to a different level one after the other!

so whoever thinks F-35s will change the came they are partiality correct it will change the game BUT TEMPORARILY!

Back
Top Bottom