What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

NO, BIG NO, they don't, constitution is made for changes its not like Holy Book, infact these days people changes their Holy books so why not constitution. Who has the right to amend the constitution then???
May be in India you guys made Supreme Court Above then Constitution...

Yes they do, and their actions doesn't give the right for any Government to take the Supreme court hostage.

Morsi was elected democratically, and he was removed as per the will of the people. As there was no provision to do this through parliament, the army acted on behalf of the people. Hence he was removed democratically as well.

He misused the mandate and was steering the country towards religious fanaticism.

Wah Wah,
Now I get it, its all about political Islam not democracy, Army kicked him out from Government.
Army has no right.
If Indian Army kicked BJP or Congress out then it is f9 for your thought.
People saw your faces now...

Yes they do, and their actions doesn't give the right for any Government to take the Supreme court hostage.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.
We have a technical disagreement and constitutionally I am right.
Indian Law may have something like this but not in Egypt and Pakistan..

@BLACKEAGLE, I'm worried that M-B and al-Qaeda troublemakers currently in Egypt are going to flee to Jordan now. Is there any kind of security alert in Jordan to catch these guys before they can pull off another assassination or Black September? Or will your gov't cynically push them into the fighting in Syria?

Stop being silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Influential Muslim cleric Youssef Al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian seen close to the Muslim Brotherhood who had lived in Qatar for many years, is reported to be in Egypt. He had denied reports that Qatar's new emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, had asked him to leave the country.
Only two weeks ago the White House rolled out the red carpet for one of Qaradawi's deputies. No wonder Obama has been leading with his behind on Egypt matters.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.
We have a technical disagreement and constitutionally I am right.
Indian Law may have something like this but not in Egypt and Pakistan..

I am not aware of Egypt or Pakistan democracy - both being nascent one's, but this is the standard format in most proven democratic states.

The Supreme court can throw the book at anybody and everybody.

The last Constitution was approved by only 20% of the electorate. What proportion of the Egyptian electorate must vote "yes" to a new Constitution before you consider it valid? 50%? 75%?

(The U.S. Constitution wasn't approved by direct election but was deemed approved once 9 of the 13 state legislatures ratified it: from there the timetable of transition from the old Articles of Confederation to the new Constitution took about nine months.)
i think it is too early to say but what i am sure of is all the mistakes in the past will not happen again and we will do it right this time

i think it is too early to say but what i am sure of is all the mistakes in the past will not happen again and we will do it right this time
Are you going to lay back now and assume that happens automatically or are you going to take an active role in the process?

I am not aware of Egypt or Pakistan democracy - both being nascent one's, but this is the standard format in most proven democratic states.

The Supreme court can throw the book at anybody and everybody.

cant you understand the difference between to throw any brick to anyone and stop government to do amendments.
In India does supreme court can stop manmohan to do trade WITH US or can have the power to change indian constitution and made him Islamic or any other than Secular, IF yes then you may be right in your case.

Yusuf al-Qaradawi's next move may be very important. As the closest thing the transnational Muslim Brotherhood has to a spiritual leader, his rulings "legitimized" suicide bombings; some Arabs have been calling on him to reverse his judgment: link. Yet the collapse of his favored regime in Egypt to the mobilized millions on the streets strongly implies that there is no way left to advance the M-B agenda save through violence and terror. Which way will he choose? [h/t: Crossroads Arabia]

Ignorance is different than being not so smart to put it nicely. You're a good follower of events around the world especially the ME, yet you still come up with gullible things.
True. I don't know much about Jordan nowadays which is why I'm asking you.

cant you understand the difference between to throw any brick to anyone and stop government to do amendments.
In India does supreme court can stop manmohan to do trade WITH US or can have the power to change indian constitution and made him Islamic or any other than Secular, IF yes then you may be right in your case.

If the Supreme court thinks that it's unconstitutional or harms India in any way then YES of course they can, but then the normal practice is to let each branch take care of it's job responsibilities unless the court feels otherwise and can overrule any decisions.

Besides, the point is, it doesn't give any right for a President to take the supreme court hostage.

You did not allow the democratically elected leader to write the constitution but you think these malcontents who are unable to win through the ballot box will somehow magically come up with a constitution agreeable to all. Maybe I should revise my lifelong view that democracy is for everyone, maybe what some have said is true.... Democracy can only exist in educated well informed mature societies . It is sad to see such naivety.... Egyptians has just been played by world powers and they cant even see it.

They should send all Muslim Brotherhood officials to Qatar, if they want to establish their Caliphate they can do it right in Doha!

Back
Top Bottom